Incogneato's Veg(ina) Box

• Thread starter incogneato
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Orcaman

Orcaman

Lot of great advice but I still think it is best to feed early in their day so they can intake under the sun. I like the drain to waste method. Using gallon and a half rose buckets they will get a half gallon of food run through each pot feeding every three to four days and a little water only as needed in between to not dry out. You have a lot of options!:)

incogneato

incogneato

I'm having the same problem...hand watering coco is a B!
Hey bro, how you likin the farm so far?
I hear you lmao mama bear is the ultimate force to be reckoned with. I'm in the midst of brainstorming my own for next run as well. I'll just put this up for you to brainstorm over as well. Pappy Zan can come back in the morning and look things over and/or make other suggestions. I don't know the lengths of hoses you'll need, but the most basic idea is:

Submersible pump(size depends on the length and amount of lines)
1/2" tubing(connects to submersible pump and can also be used as a manifold)
1/2" T Barb(s) to help create a circle or square shaped manifold in the grow area with 1/2" tubing
1/4" tubing(drip lines)
Drip Hole punch(for drip irrigation to punch holes where you want to install the 1/4" tubing)
1/4" barb connectors(they connect the 1/4" drip ling to the 1/2" manifold)
1/4" drip stakes

Here are some pictures. Not mine. I forget where I got them so credit can't be given. Sorry unknown hero.
View attachment 670898 View attachment 670899 View attachment 670900

That's about the most basic way to go. Instead of using 1/2" line for the manifold some people connect the 1/2" line from the submersible pump onto a barb that is connected to a 3/4" pvc manifold instead. I don't know if it make much of a difference but if mamabear doesn't get maim you I would get Flor Caps(1 for each plant) and Flora clips(2 for each plant) instead boring old drip stakes.
Doesn't seem to complicated, thanks for walking me through it JM. I got home early tonight and got some work in. While I was working I came up with a clever solution. I can whip up a batch of nutes and put my air stone in it to have it ready to go. Here's the clever part, ready? I can tell mama bear she can either do the 7 pm feeding for me very day, or I can get this automated pump feeder so she doesn't have to be bothered with it....I know...sheer genius lol. Its a win either way :cool: Well that's how it played out in my head anyway :smoking: Honestly I doubt she will give me too much trouble as long as its reasonable. I've been going by the old adage " its easier to ask forgiveness than to ask permission" lately.

incogneato

incogneato

Lot of great advice but I still think it is best to feed early in their day so they can intake under the sun. I like the drain to waste method. Using gallon and a half rose buckets they will get a half gallon of food run through each pot feeding every three to four days and a little water only as needed in between to not dry out. You have a lot of options!:)
Hey Orca! Thanks for stopping by. I agree, I want them getting a good early feed. It was bothering me to feed only an hour before lights out. I'm going to see if my wife can give them an early feed until I get a system set up. I'll make it easy for her and have it all mixed up so she just has to water them. I'm going to check out those rose buckets tomorrow.

walterwhiter

walterwhiter

Hey bro, how you likin the farm so far?

Doesn't seem to complicated, thanks for walking me through it JM. I got home early tonight and got some work in. While I was working I came up with a clever solution. I can whip up a batch of nutes and put my air stone in it to have it ready to go. Here's the clever part, ready? I can tell mama bear she can either do the 7 pm feeding for me very day, or I can get this automated pump feeder so she doesn't have to be bothered with it....I know...sheer genius lol. Its a win either way :cool: Well that's how it played out in my head anyway :smoking: Honestly I doubt she will give me too much trouble as long as its reasonable. I've been going by the old adage " its easier to ask forgiveness than to ask permission" lately.
Seems pretty laid back...and mature

incogneato

incogneato

20170220 044339
Did some more canopy work, definitely made it "fun" to say the least running 5 diff strains and letting them veg way too long. Not too mention some are diff ages too haha. Starting to see some preflowers popping up now, just keeping them healthy for now.

incogneato

incogneato

20170220 044827
Did another check on the 4 starfighter x longbottomleaf for sex and found one was a male. Initially I thought I had 4 ladies but those are definitely some balls lol. Culled him off and the clones I took from him as well.

incogneato

incogneato

View attachment 671108 Did some more canopy work, definitely made it "fun" to say the least running 5 diff strains and letting them veg way too long. Not too mention some are diff ages too haha. Starting to see some preflowers popping up now, just keeping them healthy for now.
The only one I don't really care for so far is the Spliffs strawberry. Shes the odd lanky looking one in the upper left of that pic. Tons of small leaves and tightly packed nodes. Spindly stems and she's been showing preflowers for well over a month. Not really sure why. I also have 2 clones of her running in the bloom room that I just let grow regular and they're a little more manageable but she's very finicky. I didn't get any pics but she was a runt from seed with muddled growth and then took off outta nowhere. She better show me something in flower because I'm not impressed so far. BTW it's a cross of strawberry cough, jaxk herer, and skunk

justiceman

justiceman

The only one I don't really care for so far is the Spliffs strawberry. Shes the odd lanky looking one in the upper left of that pic. Tons of small leaves and tightly packed nodes. Spindly stems and she's been showing preflowers for well over a month. Not really sure why. I also have 2 clones of her running in the bloom room that I just let grow regular and they're a little more manageable but she's very finicky. I didn't get any pics but she was a runt from seed with muddled growth and then took off outta nowhere. She better show me something in flower because I'm not impressed so far. BTW it's a cross of strawberry cough, jaxk herer, and skunk
Ya i noticed she looked a littler different than usual. Interesting it's just the way her genes turned out I'm assuming. My Pure Afghan mom is finicky too. Kind of a light feeder compared to my others. I like the crosses in there hmmmm we'll see how she turns out. Hopefully awesome!

Orcaman

Orcaman

Looks like your moving right along now.:) I was at Oregon's Only site and found a little more info on using there nutes.
Can I run Nectar in my hydroponic system?
Not all hydroponic systems are the same, so it depends on what style one uses. Being organic and thicker then your conventional salt based liquid nutrients, the most important feature to have in your reservoir is an agitation pump as well as an aerator ie….air stones, air pump.

Run to waste systems – works great!

Re-circulating systems – very important to have aeration and agitation to keep the nutrients from going anaerobic and from binding together and locking up. Please note however, we enhance the aromas of the nutrients with mint oils so they are more pleasant. When poured into and circulated in a reservoir, the mint will gass off and the natural aromas of the organic materials will present themselves. Do not panic when wretched smells come from your reservoir.

Aeroponics – Not recommended. This line is too thick for misters and emitters.

So it can be used with a drip system. When I first started growing I had a two pot, gravity feed with a reservoir. I found then using Floro Nova that an air stone helped. But still had to give it good stir everyday to keep it mixed. Plus they are right about how rancid a reservoir can get using organics.

incogneato

incogneato

Looks like your moving right along now.:) I was at Oregon's Only site and found a little more info on using there nutes.
Can I run Nectar in my hydroponic system?
Not all hydroponic systems are the same, so it depends on what style one uses. Being organic and thicker then your conventional salt based liquid nutrients, the most important feature to have in your reservoir is an agitation pump as well as an aerator ie….air stones, air pump.

Run to waste systems – works great!

Re-circulating systems – very important to have aeration and agitation to keep the nutrients from going anaerobic and from binding together and locking up. Please note however, we enhance the aromas of the nutrients with mint oils so they are more pleasant. When poured into and circulated in a reservoir, the mint will gass off and the natural aromas of the organic materials will present themselves. Do not panic when wretched smells come from your reservoir.

Aeroponics – Not recommended. This line is too thick for misters and emitters.

So it can be used with a drip system. When I first started growing I had a two pot, gravity feed with a reservoir. I found then using Floro Nova that an air stone helped. But still had to give it good stir everyday to keep it mixed. Plus they are right about how rancid a reservoir can get using organics.
I thought I had read that, thanks for looking into it further Orca! I really like this line so I'm looking to stay with it for now. I did also start some clones in soil so I can try both mediums out. Should be interesting

incogneato

incogneato

20170221 153245
Here's the veg room. The left front saucer has 4 starfighter x longbottom leaf confirmed females and 2 DJs gold fems that I had to clone because of stem rot. Its funny because I clone the whole plant it doesn't grow like a clone. They still have symmetrical branching. The right 2 are suspected males. The back left is a clone of each plant in my bloom room. They're in coco. The back right is a few of each in soil. All are rooted and doing decent.
20170220 050845
This was the clone of sfxlbl #5 that turned out male so before I culled it I checked the roots to see how the clones were rooting. They looked much whiter in person. The nutes Im using go anaerobic very quick when I have the heat mat on under the tray. I changed the sips tray out a day late but no major negative effect. I'll top the ladies in the saucer tonight and clone the tops. I'm hoping a nice structured veg time with no delay will help my second run go smoother.

Top Bottom