Incogneato's Veg(ina) Box

• Thread starter incogneato
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wisher619

Wisher619

Don't mind the droopy lady in the front lol had her too close to the fan for a few daysView attachment 718387
sorry...I have a fever of 103
so I have been kimda out of it

lookin at the plants
I would hack them down as far as you want

the 4fter I eould hack down probably 12-18" of plant
leaving her maybe 2 1/2'-3'
taking all the material and cloning all of it
there will be a shit ton
when they are rooted .....give them out to people you know
treat them as if they were mother plants
then give them a week or so to recover
watch for good new growth
then flip

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Alright @Wisher619 , need your guidance brotha. As usual anyone can chime in also. My busy schedule and a touch of laziness got the best of me again. I couldn't flip when I wanted because I have some work to do on my bloom room. Nothing major but I have been loaded with shit to do. So I'm here with an overgrown veg setup that needs some serious TLC before moving forward. Most of these girls are almost 4' tall :opps: My ceiling is 8'. I plan on hacking off some growth to even the canopy at a manageable height and stake em up. Then I'll love on em for a week or so and flip. I have 5 in soil and 13 in coco. All in 3 gal smart pots and using Nectar for the Gods nute line. I guess I'm looking for what you guys feel my best plan of action is for moving forward. What height to top at to even them out, how long to give them before I flip etc. I'm going to lollipop again when I top as well to keep the larf down. My main goal is quality, not so much quantity. I know we already discussed how many lights to run and what wattage but feel free to advise on all aspects. I know I'm always long winded but I appreciate you guys backing me up through my grows. I'd tag you all but I know I'll forget some @EventHorizan @rmoltis @justiceman @jipp @mandalaman hell anyone at all haha. I like different views

lookin at the plants

there will be a shit ton
then flip

damn wish, hope you get to feeling better brother!
Incog I agree with wisher, take the tallest plant, hack it down till its 3' tall, and hack the rest at the exact same heith as what the tall one ends up at. Wait 10 to 14 days and flip...
You can put that big ass t5 in your bloom tent for side lighting if you wont be needing it for veg....

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Don't mind the droopy lady in the front lol had her too close to the fan for a few daysView attachment 718387
After you top them you could throw some kind of trellis around them. A scrog net might make it hard to water. I refused to put one up until I had the automated watering system set up. But you could use a couple smaller trellis nets without the pvc and set it up so I can access what you need still

I'd go with wishers plan tho. Hell I'll even take some of them clones off your hands. To help you out of course.:p:cool::cry: Hahaha

Farmer P

Farmer P

When you chop off that much plant you may end up with a big hole in the main stalk at the top where you cut it. I would fill that hole with something so you don't invite any pests inside your plant. you could cover it with tape or some kind of plant friendly glue. Last time I found a big round chunk of perlite that fit the hole perfectly and wedged it in. Maybe if you cut it right above a knuckle you won't get that hole, IDK. Looking good!

Wisher619

Wisher619

Incog I agree with wisher, take the tallest plant, hack it down till its 3' tall, and hack the rest at the exact same heith as what the tall one ends up at. Wait 10 to 14 days and flip...
You can put that big ass t5 in your bloom tent for side lighting if you wont be needing it for veg....
yeah I am pretty much dead

I have had a fever for 4 days but last night it seriously peaked out
I am now typeing from the grave

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

yeah I am pretty much dead

I have had a fever for 4 days but last night it seriously peaked out
I am now typeing from the grave
lol,,, while your down therfe can we get a soil test,,, Something tells me growing on top of you ought to be rich in nutrients :) We just need to get your good beenies active lol

All bs aside, damn those temps put an adult in the ER..

Wisher619

Wisher619

lol,,, while your down therfe can we get a soil test,,, Something tells me growing on top of you ought to be rich in nutrients :) We just need to get your good beenies active lol

All bs aside, damn those temps put an adult in the ER..
yeah I was coherent and everything
just boiling and shivering at the same time

Ive been in war and 3 surgeries once had 3 broken toes in Iraq and ran on that shit for 2 weeks

I can take body trouble

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

yeah I was coherent and everything
just boiling and shivering at the same time

Ive been in war and 3 surgeries once had 3 broken toes in Iraq and ran on that shit for 2 weeks

I can take body trouble
Im not saying im a vet or anything, but I should get a purple heart for not committing suicide dealing with this drip system!
And working in my grow room which now hovers around 84 is a lot less comfortable than when it was 74! That has me ornery than 3 legged coon!

incogneato

incogneato

lookin at the plants

there will be a shit ton
then flip
Damn Wish, I could have waited! I hope that fever breaks for you soon. Stay medicated and take care brotha! That's how I wanted to go about it I just didn't know how they would react. I wish I could give the cuts away but I don't have anyone to give them to. I've thrown a few good cuts away. I'll take the Ines I need and sadly trash the rest.
I'll end up needing in the veg tent but honestly the 2 lights I'll have in there should be more than enough. Its a 8'x4'x8' and I'll I'm still trying to decide if I'm going: 2-600w, 1-1000w hps and 1-600w mh because I have those 2 bulbs and for the mixed spectrum, or 2 1000w hps but heat concerns me. Its 75° with the 648w t5 in there right now and the exhaust is going full blast with no filter. Once I put the filter on I may need to add an intake fan to help the exhaust fan. I have my setup linked together right now. It goes:intake filter, 4x4 veg tent, 8x4 bloom room, 8" 745 cfm fan, duct out of the house. I may add a small intake fan to help out. I do have one air cooled hood and one batwing so if I hook up the air cooled hood it may help. I can never keep mynposts short lol.

incogneato

incogneato

After you top them you could throw some kind of trellis around them. A scrog net might make it hard to water. I refused to put one up until I had the automated watering system set up. But you could use a couple smaller trellis nets without the pvc and set it up so I can access what you need still

I'd go with wishers plan tho. Hell I'll even take some of them clones off your hands. To help you out of course.:p:cool::cry: Hahaha
I don't have any issue sharing cuts but Ill be honest and say I'm still trying to decide which ones are keepers. My skill level being the limiting factor, not the genetics. I'll know better after this run hopefully. I know there is some heat in there for sure though.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Damn Wish, I could have waited! I hope that fever breaks for you soon. Stay medicated and take care brotha! That's how I wanted to go about it I just didn't know how they would react. I wish I could give the cuts away but I don't have anyone to give them to. I've thrown a few good cuts away. I'll take the Ines I need and sadly trash the rest.

I'll end up needing in the veg tent but honestly the 2 lights I'll have in there should be more than enough. Its a 8'x4'x8' and I'll I'm still trying to decide if I'm going: 2-600w, 1-1000w hps and 1-600w mh because I have those 2 bulbs and for the mixed spectrum, or 2 1000w hps but heat concerns me. Its 75° with the 648w t5 in there right now and the exhaust is going full blast with no filter. Once I put the filter on I may need to add an intake fan to help the exhaust fan. I have my setup linked together right now. It goes:intake filter, 4x4 veg tent, 8x4 bloom room, 8" 745 cfm fan, duct out of the house. I may add a small intake fan to help out. I do have one air cooled hood and one batwing so if I hook up the air cooled hood it may help. I can never keep mynposts short lol.
I see.. how many plants you got? since they are not that bushy, i would just use your light you already got. Isnt it a 1000 watt hps?

incogneato

incogneato

When you chop off that much plant you may end up with a big hole in the main stalk at the top where you cut it. I would fill that hole with something so you don't invite any pests inside your plant. you could cover it with tape or some kind of plant friendly glue. Last time I found a big round chunk of perlite that fit the hole perfectly and wedged it in. Maybe if you cut it right above a knuckle you won't get that hole, IDK. Looking good!
I appreciate the tip, as large as they are I haven't trained them a ton so they're still thin and pliable at the top. I've been trying to stall them a little but this t5 seems to be working to well lol. I had much shorter squat plants last time under the 600w mh but I was training them more too.
I see.. how many plants you got? since they are not that bushy, i would just use your light you already got. Isnt it a 1000 watt hps?
I have two dimmable ballasts, 1-1000w hps and 1 -600w mh. Im down to buy other bulbs but im curious to see what the mixed spectrum gives me. The auto i ran under the 600w mh was some damn good smoke. There's 18 plants in there right now and I haven't trained them past topping 1-2 times. Once I trim them down I'll spread them out some with the stakes. A net won't work for me with hand watering and I like to rotate my plants. I think with the 1000w hps in the air cooled hood and the 600w mh in the batwing I should be fine with temps. Again my focus is quality. I do not want a bunch of seeded airy bud and larf this time. I need those good dense nugs. I can't complain about the smoke though, it still smokes great, just looks midsy

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I appreciate the tip, as large as they are I haven't trained them a ton so they're still thin and pliable at the top. I've been trying to stall them a little but this t5 seems to be working to well lol. I had much shorter squat plants last time under the 600w mh but I was training them more too.

I have two dimmable ballasts, 1-1000w hps and 1 -600w mh. Im down to buy other bulbs but im curious to see what the mixed spectrum gives me. The auto i ran under the 600w mh was some damn good smoke. There's 18 plants in there right now and I haven't trained them past topping 1-2 times. Once I trim them down I'll spread them out some with the stakes. A net won't work for me with hand watering and I like to rotate my plants. I think with the 1000w hps in the air cooled hood and the 600w mh in the batwing I should be fine with temps. Again my focus is quality. I do not want a bunch of seeded airy bud and larf this time. I need those good dense nugs. I can't complain about the smoke though, it still smokes great, just looks midsy
ya i would just run both your ballast at 600. trim them like I said earlier, and since there skinny keep them all close to each other...

incogneato

incogneato

ya i would just run both your ballast at 600. trim them like I said earlier, and since there skinny keep them all close to each other...
Im just hoping I'm not going to be under powered in that space with that many plants under 1200w. Ideally I would be running 2000w hps in there but it would be to hot in the summer with no supplimental ac for sure. I know with how fat the trunks are the branching will fatten up with some training and heavier feeds. I've been going eod with lighter ppm feeds to slow them down.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Im just hoping I'm not going to be under powered in that space with that many plants under 1200w. Ideally I would be running 2000w hps in there but it would be to hot in the summer with no supplimental ac for sure. I know with how fat the trunks are the branching will fatten up with some training and heavier feeds. I've been going eod with lighter ppm feeds to slow them down.
you will be fine with both 600's.. Really you dont have enough plant material to soak up more than that...
Now if they were short and bushy, then we would up the lights..

Top Bottom