Incogneato's Veg(ina) Box

• Thread starter incogneato
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Orcaman

Orcaman

I love your instincts! Take the glass out of the light and vent the tent. You can still filter the exhaust. You really want to always have a constant air flow day and night though the tent. Nice to be able slow it down during the dark hours. Keep in mind that you are going to need some oder control outside of the tent and want to recommend Ona. I've been using it now for years in combination of an ozone generator. It will help capture what comes out when opening the tent and at harvest if want to keep the tent always in grow mode. Another thing to pay attention to with your tent is don't force the zippers for longer life without light leaks.:)

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I have limited space to work with so whatever gains me vertical space is applied. If I had the ability to run barebulb I would for the extra uv and spectrum.

I pay $51- $60 for a whole grow.
But my light is small (400w).
See I really have appreciation for maximizing space/light grow operations. As you know, I'm rather new and am just absorbing so much knowledge from just growing that my though process evolves weekly. I just started a new experiment. I took clones for my next run. I took 16 clones. I only need 8. 15 are double top clones. 1 is a quadruple top clone. Will it live! Can I root a quadruple top clone. Oh this shit is so exciting :)

What is the biggest clone anyone's cloned?
I would think starting a clone off with 4 tops would have to be beneficial. ....

incogneato

incogneato

I love your instincts! Take the glass out of the light and vent the tent. You can still filter the exhaust. You really want to always have a constant air flow day and night though the tent. Nice to be able slow it down during the dark hours. Keep in mind that you are going to need some oder control outside of the tent and want to recommend Ona. I've been using it now for years in combination of an ozone generator. It will help capture what comes out when opening the tent and at harvest if want to keep the tent always in grow mode. Another thing to pay attention to with your tent is don't force the zippers for longer life without light leaks.:)
Thanks brotha! Good to hear I'm thinking in the right direction. I love this fan controller as it has day/night temp settings and a few idle settings as well. The room my tent is in is around 15'x20' would I be able to get away with having on a in the same room or have it in the adjacent room and in the rooms above? I looked into ozone generators while back but saw tons of mixed reviews and figured I could look back into it later on. Any suggestions as far as brands or types?

incogneato

incogneato

The lights put out more light but the distance you have to raise them up to keep from burning the plants reduces that output.

If you cool the lights you lose output.
But you can drop them down within inches increasing the amount of light received on the canopy.

Just depends on what you want.
I'm surprised at how cool it is just inches below the light with it being air cooled. My tent is 6'-7" tall so roughly -12" for light and hangers -12" for my pots leaves me with 4'-7" of space. I think I'll be good to go open air as I plan on having plants that are just over 3'. I can always go back to air cooled if needed. On a side note I made a seed order this week, I'll post it up when I get them. Figured a fellow bean border in the making would appreciate that lol.

Orcaman

Orcaman

I looked into ozone generators while back but saw tons of mixed reviews and figured I could look back into it later on. Any suggestions as far as brands or types?
Here is the Ozone Generator that I have been using for five years now. I only run my generator in my bloom area with the lights on as it uses light to remove odors. And the bulb does need replacing about every 12 months as it weakens. The key to using an Ozone Generator is placement. The generator has to be placed as high as possible because Ozone by its self is heavier then air so it needs to fall though the surrounding air to eliminated the odors.
Uvonair 1000 Junior
131309-250.jpg

Price: $179.34

Order Quantity:

Availability: Usually ships in 48 hours

Item Details
The Uvonair 1000 attacks and neutralizes odors at the source. Creates ozone by ultraviolet light and operates for less than a 100-watt light bulb. It eliminates odor, mold, bacteria, smoke, etc. Easy to use with no maintenance required. Uvonair 1000 is for areas up to 1,000 cubic feet.
Item Specifications
Item Number: 131309
Universal Product Code: 847127002971
Manufacturer: Ozone Environmental Technologies
Manufacturer's Part Number: UVA 104
Model Number: 1000

Image Gallery
Image Gallery:

incogneato

incogneato

Figured I'd grab some shots of the ladies. They had a busy week and a half. Had to lay the smack down but most of them are talking to me again lol. They all rooted to the bottom if the 1 gal pots and seem to be adjusted to the metal halide lamp now. Did some LST and removed a few of the big ass fan leaves. All seem happy except the spliff strawberry. She's had funny growth and been finicky the whole time and I'm sure me being a new grower isn't helping at all. Any advice is appreciated. In gonna post her in the infirmary as well. On a side note, I haven't switched up the exhaust yet but I did get the temp to 77/72 day/night. I'll get to the exhaust tomorrow.

incogneato

incogneato

20161114 121331
DNSA's Cannalope haze. She's been super easy to deal with. As with all the ladies I have the only issue so far was a light mg deficiency which I've compensated for recently with epsom

incogneato

incogneato

20161114 121403
Riserva privada's(DNA) R.K.S had a really nice growth structure. Probably didn't have to top her as she was squat and had nice branching in her own. Only did so as canopy management

incogneato

incogneato

20161114 121424
DNA's holy grail kush. Probably the one I'm most excited about. Wish I didn't have germ problems at the beginning and had a full tent of these but I digress. I got a little too rough with her and accidentally snapped one of her top branches. I put a little tape on her and that poor snapped branch was reaching for the sky this morning :D

Last edited:
incogneato

incogneato

20161114 121539
Spliffs Strawberry, she's been the party pooper so far lol. She started with muddled growth which seems to have corrected. She wasn't too keen on being topped and up potted in the same week. She's been droopy all week but seems to be looking better today. I really think it was too cold for her in the tent

incogneato

incogneato

20161114 121502
20161114 121502
20161114 121458
Pink diesel x amnesia auto. Didn't think this one through when I put an auto in with my photo run but eh, you live and learn. She's obviously starting to bud now but looks like she will have to finish under mostly mh lighting.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I personally would keep the light fixture vented.

The way I see it.
Your light bulb (I forget what it is) I'm assuming is rated to be in an enclosed fixture.

This is to contain the bulb if it failed and blew (cracked, burst, came apart) it could send molten hot chunks of glass and metal raining down on your plants, tent, pots etc and possibly start a fire.

Having an an closure to help contain the burst parts coupled with having a dedicated airstream to rapidly cool the heat contained within them. Helps drastically reduce your chances of starring a house fire.

Being in your basement it would ignite your home from the bottom up.

Just be safe!

The other reason I'd keep it air cooled is that you can drop the light down within inches of the canopy (I've done "3-"4 with my cooltube).

You would be able to focus the light on the smaller plants this way at the beginning. Then as your plants grow tall you raise the lights to accommodate height. This increases the footprint also accommodating them as they grow wider.

Doing this keeps a consistently dense light source on your canopy at all times if the distance is kept consistant and adjusted every so many days.

The goal is to keep the light as close as possible to the canopy during all phases without inducing heat damage, or light burn. This helps provide the canopy (which takes in the majority of the plants light) with peak environmental light potential. While also providing the lowest flowers with as much light that remains once the canopy is done with it.

Well use the inverse square law of light to explain why keeping the light as close as possible is ideal.

20161114 132422

Inverse Square Law Light Fall Off to the Square

20161114 132629

The pictures use meter as distance for visual aid. But the equation can be scaled to any distance (mm, cm, in, ft, meter) so the key concept here is "distance" from the source. Just replace the meter with distance.

Now if your glass is off and the plants react poorly you will have to raise the light up higher. Drastically reducing the light the lowest point on the plant gets.

Whereas keeping the light air cooled & closer to the canopy gives the lowest part of the plant much more light helping average out the quality of your finished flowers top to bottom.

Last edited:
incogneato

incogneato

I personally would keep the light fixture vented.

The way I see it.
Your light bulb (I forget what it is) I'm assuming is rated to be in an enclosed fixture.

This is to contain the bulb if it failed and blew (cracked, burst, came apart) it could send molten hot chunks of glass and metal raining down on your plants, tent, pots etc and possibly start a fire.

Having an an closure to help contain the burst parts coupled with having a dedicated airstream to rapidly cool the heat contained within them. Helps drastically reduce your chances of starring a house fire.

Being in your basement it would ignite your home from the bottom up.

Just be safe!

The other reason I'd keep it air cooled is that you can drop the light down within inches of the canopy (I've done "3-"4 with my cooltube).

You would be able to focus the light on the smaller plants this way at the beginning. Then as your plants grow tall you raise the lights to accommodate height. This increases the footprint also accommodating them as they grow wider.

Doing this keeps a consistently dense light source on your canopy at all times if the distance is kept consistant and adjusted every so many days.

The goal is to keep the light as close as possible to the canopy during all phases without inducing heat damage, or light burn. This helps provide the canopy (which takes in the majority of the plants light) with peak environmental light potential. While also providing the lowest flowers with as much light that remains once the canopy is done with it.

Well use the inverse square law of light to explain why keeping the light as close as possible is ideal.

View attachment 646009
View attachment 646011
View attachment 646010

The pictures use meter as distance for visual aid. But the equation can be scaled to any distance (mm, cm, in, ft, meter) so the key concept here is "distance" from the source. Just replace the meter with distance.

Now if your glass is off and the plants react poorly you will have to raise the light up higher. Drastically reducing the light the lowest point on the plant gets.

Whereas keeping the light air cooled & closer to the canopy gives the lowest part of the plant much more light helping average out the quality of your finished flowers top to bottom.
Thanks for scaring the absolute shit outta me :speechless::woot: Between you and @jumpincactus with the timer its Scared Straight: Indoor Nightmares edition haha. I do agree and that's why I have it vented but I can't run my fan at all times with it vents like that. Not a huge problem now but when they really get reakin' I'll have to either add heat or take the glass out and raise the light. Right now I just dropped it to 8-10" above the canopy :opps: And they like it. BTW its a 600w Solis tek metal halide

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Hey @rmoltis are you running rdwc? I'm trying to use azamax to get rid of some gnats in my hydro syatem. But the directions are ignorant. I need some assistance on ml/ gal and how long do I run it.. by itself or continously.

Latest posts

Top Bottom