Independent growers in colorado

• Thread starter SweetIslandFunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I hear ya TG, I feel as if I will always have my niche in this market "cause I don't DO purple.." if ya catch my drift.

:party0033: :character0180:

V

Venusaur

Is there no way for newcomers to get there foot in the door now? Am i naive ?Is it too late to just get started ?

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

I refuse to play games with the lowball dispensaries. I show them what I have and I tell them my price. If they don't start counting out the cash I leave. Theres no negotiations. I have no problem moving out the extra meds for 1k per qp. When its grown with love that shines through.
Has anybody noticed the Gov still hasn't signed hb1248? I thought that was supposed to happen yesterday.

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

You know he's not running for reelection. Maybe he's listenng to some offers from the "other" side and won't sign. $$$

true grit

true grit

I refuse to play games with the lowball dispensaries. I show them what I have and I tell them my price. If they don't start counting out the cash I leave. Theres no negotiations. I have no problem moving out the extra meds for 1k per qp. When its grown with love that shines through.
Has anybody noticed the Gov still hasn't signed hb1248? I thought that was supposed to happen yesterday.

Agreed.

And called the Governors office today to ask why he has or if he is going to sign and get this.... his office said its still with house bla bla, hasn't even come to office yet or hit his desk at all according to his staff...they are waiting for it.

Funny, we can't see the final bill either.

sedate

sedate

true grit said:
called the Governors office today

This is it - the only real hail mary hear is to hope he won't sign it.

I called myself - just be polite and say "this is going to push the market back underground . . ."

I'll be fine eitherway, but I would prefer not to have the overhead and, particularly, the local ban option.

Venusaur said:
Is there no way for newcomers to get there foot in the door now? Am i naive ?Is it too late to just get started ?

I mean - the market is pretty well flooded right now with everything - from grow supplies to plants to product to hash . . . .

If I could go back a year, I'd triple my original investment - now, I'm not really sure if I'll even bother fully switching to hydro.

true grit

true grit

Sadly bro, come to find that if Gov. Ritter does not sign the bill by June 11th it effectively becomes law. He actually has to veto it.

On the other side, the reason it hasn't hit his office is because the House and Senate have yet to do the final signing and final publication basically. Once they do, then its passed in full and hits his desk.

sedate

sedate

canaguy said:
I thought if he doesn't sign it, it becomes a pocket veto? Or is that only the President?

I forgot about that! True Grit is right!

Colorado has a sunshine law - no pocket vetos anywhere in the legislature - even committee chairs *must* consider bills and amendments - legislators can't just stop working on a bill or something for it to die - it must be killed by votes.

This is actually a pretty good thing.

R

RMCG

I forgot about that! True Grit is right!

Colorado has a sunshine law - no pocket vetos anywhere in the legislature - even committee chairs *must* consider bills and amendments - legislators can't just stop working on a bill or something for it to die - it must be killed by votes.

This is actually a pretty good thing.

Unless he signs it and walks out the door....

No harm, no foul in his eyes. What are the voters going to do? Retaliate? Vote him out?

Sort of like last minute pardons or other 'Executive Orders'... It's a parting shot.

true grit

true grit

the bill dept said he hasn't gotten to it yet under another many pieces of legislation, but also did not say if its even been sent to his office yet. He has until the 12th to veto or it becomes law. I'll call again today and see if it even hit his desk yet...last week it was still in the Legislature (downstairs as they said) to finish sigs and get it up to his office....

R

RMCG

So now that this bill is law, what's everyone's thoughts now?

I see a TON of gear on CL. Lots of people getting out of the game.

Back underground? Out of state? Drive prices up? Drive prices down?

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

What's my thoughts? I better start watching Craigs List more. I haven't passed the last obstacle that could cause me to fall flat on my fuckin' face, but I blowin' shit da FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUUUUUWWWWWHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

R

RMCG

What's my thoughts? I better start watching Craigs List more. I haven't passed the last obstacle that could cause me to fall flat on my fuckin' face, but I blowin' shit da FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUUUUUWWWWWHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

I recently saw 43 tables up for sale...

If you ever need a secondary 'remote' location,let me know...

sky high

sky high

These are the folks who waltzed in after July last year and thought they'd cash in. Wannabees.

My plans really haven't changed much, RMCG. I only had 3 patients to begin with...so I may bump up to 5 just to keep things rollin along and to keep a couple more folks out of the retail pricing scheme goin on out there. I believe MORE changes are coming to the laws... like right after the FEDS come and take a buncha these circus tents down pre-November-elections... taking this entire TAX REVENUE SCHEME DOWN.....so I for one am not changing a thing.

and whether the Feds come or not, I still think that it won't be long before many of these folks get a clue that there are meds out there for MUCH less than they can get em for in the dispensaries. What I can't sell between now and then I will give away. I am presently in the process of lining up some terminally ill folks to take care of that side of things...

in the end I love to grow.....and grow I will. I have a very nice strain in hand that can stand up to most if not all dispnesary weed out there, so i'm confident everything will fall into place after the initial "buzz" of being able to go into a store and buy (expensive) weed wears off for most folks.

And then there's the folks like 2 of my 3 patients who would NEVER step foot in a disensary because they have too much too lose job-wise/reputation-wise as professionals and want to have thier Identity protected. There are A LOT of folks out there like this. They are patients but they aren't letting their friends/co-workers know for obvious reasons. these folks will always be looking for a caregiver set up over a dispensary set up.

I also expect to see patient networks forming....places where folks can let others know they can "help". From there, it all goes off board and folks do what they do. Win-Win. Cheaper prices, no exposures, good weed and genetics being shared/etc.

hang tight. This isn't over yet!

s h

K

kuz

The grower is dead, written out of existence by the state. The grower wont compete, because its not about the product, its all about marketing and sales. The retailer has no time to tend the plants so thats now an $8 per hour job for someone. You would think the retailer having only one product to sell could offer quality but they wont. The price will probably go up a bit. Like Starbucks, its going to be about the place with the right location and atmosphere and the proud smiling budtenders who are good bs'ers, and crap for product. There might be a couple of years for some skilled growers to make some money getting the retailers set up, it wont last. Most will go back to using a couple of patients to deal to the black market... I mean other patients.

I dont want to be all about doom, you have to love what Texas Kid is doing with the oil.
Anyway, I'm not as negative as i sound, for the person who just want to grow for themselves or someone they care about, nothing has changed, we are in a good place. As for making a profit as a grower, the state skrewed up a really good thing, and I'll admit that wasnt the intent of AM20.

So we need to legalize, establish licensed growers and things will be better all the way around. The Starbucks model will still prevail but the niche market will be stronger. The price might come down, but its still going to be a great cash crop for those that grow the best.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Growers didn't go anywhere, they are as strong as ever and if the truth be told they are running a good part of the scene right now from the rear with the gear. I know alot of very very talented growers that just morphed into the current rules and regulations in cooporation with or as a despensary or edibles manufacturer. trust me, growers ahd alot of leverage the last few months as despensary owners scrambled to figure out if they could even stay in the game. talk about having an unfair advantage over the lot of them, pretty tough to get to upity if ya don't grow and the entire industry is based on growing the dank first and formost to compete. Your crazy if you think even a small percentage of the product being produced in the many many offsite cultivation is actually being handled directly by, trimmed, harvested, whatever by his or her the owners hands, most don't even oversee the offsite operations in detail.

The retailer for the most part is still just the retailer, behind the scenes its the offsite grow facilities and their players that pretty much control the show right now. Depending on the affiliations you may actually see alot of the quality in specific locations go up and up, believe me these growers are not trying to push out inferior or subpar product for the sake of a marketing, time, or whatever else..these are growers, there are braggin rights involved in the circles and rest assured everyones egos are still runnin full tilt with their hair on fire,that part never changes.

Most despensaries secured huge offsite grow facilities and have turned around and broken that space up for many many specific growers, you would hope that a few badass growers teamed up with your local despensary and can now kick out their gear without fear or hassle of roaming around trying to offload it all over town diluting the market for their specific brand of dank..

I think the quality, variety, and availability on the street is going to be way more adversely affected than the despensaries will be.

Tex

Latest posts

Top Bottom