Indoor Grow Methods, Flushing

• Thread starter Tasty Buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

This isn't really a fair comparison, but I did a comparison between a SOG under a 250, and a 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 foot scrog under a 600 using an old mom. I will always take far more clones than so need. The fastest rooting, most healthy becomes the next mom. The next best of em are grown, and any that maybe slower, or don't grow while rooting are given away, or chucked.
1st, I'm going to flush a few buds in ph'd RO water, by putting a few stems in, and let the flowers soak up the clean water, kinda how ya keep house roses alive. This is a great way to flush if you'd have to take your plants down prematurely. Thoes will be from some unfinished buds off the SCROG I still have a few weeks left on the scrog, and she's happily sitting in coco with an EC of 3.0
The SOG bud has a few days to go, and has been flushed for 5-7 days.
I've done personal scrog before, but most of my growing has been done in commercial settings, and since time is a factor, and all that extra veg time would throw off the rythem on perpetual harvests.
Anyway, I made the mistake of putting a strain name under a title, and the mods threw the thread in the THC farmer Siberia
My avitar is this same strain grown in an SOG, as I wanted to see if a Hempy in pearlite would out yield coco In the same size container * a styraphome party cup. Hempy's won easily.
This scrog is already epic, as I've already got some large buds! I only cut a few of the smaller ones for this experiment. Even if something went drastically wrong, and the buds from the scrog doesn't put on the weight I'm used to the last 3 weeks, it would still have a ridiculous yield.
The first pic is a top off one of the SOG plants That's about done, next to a smaller bud from the SCROG. Does this strain look anything like GG to any of ya? Especially the one almost done with the slight foxtailing?
To make a long story longer, this flush method does work, as I've tested diffrent stages of harvest for effect.
The SCROG also has solid buds that go well under the screen (some are already ridiculously big, fat, and dense)
My mistake was only using only a 5 gal container of coco.
The last 2 pics are from the SOG, and #2, and 3 from scrog, 1st is a small scrog bud vs top of sog bud.
Dare I say 2+ when the scrog is finished?
I'll be doing grow journals on both soon. Ya might even understand my writing, as I won't be doing it at 6AM

Indoor grow methods  flushing
Indoor grow methods  flushing 2
Indoor grow methods  flushing 3
Indoor grow methods  flushing 4
Indoor grow methods  flushing 5
GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

Very nice pics! As far as your "moms" go, you don't start fresh from seed for your mother plants? I mean I get taking cuttings and clones from clones, but the whole idea of a mother plant I thought was to be from seed. And you keep it and take clones from it to avoid genetic degradation and shit like that. Not that your frost ladies look like they're having problems. Just curious.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Very nice pics! As far as your "moms" go, you don't start fresh from seed for your mother plants? I mean I get taking cuttings and clones from clones, but the whole idea of a mother plant I thought was to be from seed. And you keep it and take clones from it to avoid genetic degradation and shit like that. Not that your frost ladies look like they're having problems. Just curious.
Good question. I do my own breeding, and have successfully BX this strain (I can grow my BX next to the original cut, and nobody can tell the difference. However it's not 100% stable. When something this rare comes along, I keep it going. Seed banks do NOT give their best genetics. If I sold seeds, and sold all my (A- sure fire) beans, I'd wouldn't sell many, as a good portion are "clone only status"
A mother is a plant to take clones off so you know you'll have a harvest of all the same bud.
I switch out mothers every 4-6 weeks, depending on flower time. When I'm not really growing, I'll do experiments like scrog etc...This strain is one I can not get to throw out a nanner. I'v done everything wrong on purpose to get S1's. The BX is fine, just not all fems
A mother has come from seed or graphing at 1 time.

Last edited:
brazel

brazel

A mother plant does come from seed, then you past around clones of it or keep it to yourself. You can flower the mother and take a clone and then do it again and again. If you are under plant counts or don't have much room this is a good practise since your mother will be ready. genetic degradation is a myth, a clone is a replica. It'll degrade because of something you contributed to or something out of your control I guess you could say.

brazel

brazel

I'm going to flush a few buds in ph'd RO water, by putting a few stems in, and let the flowers soak up the clean water, kinda how ya keep house roses alive. This is a great way to flush if you'd have to take your plants down prematurely. Thoes will be from some unfinished buds off the SCROG I still have a few weeks left on the scrog,
I'm trying to follow along here so forgive me if I'm lost... so will the buds finish in the water?

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

A mother plant does come from seed, then you past around clones of it or keep it to yourself. You can flower the mother and take a clone and then do it again and again. If you are under plant counts or don't have much room this is a good practise since your mother will be ready. genetic degradation is a myth, a clone is a replica. It'll degrade because of something you contributed to or something out of your control I guess you could say.
Well said sir.
One thing however is debatable. Mothers, if kept right, and you always produce a few healthy clones....Degridation is not a certainty. I'v seen clones, of clones etc.....for 30 years not degrade a bit. I'v also seen strains dissapear.
I was gonna edit, but totally forgot what I was saying

Last edited:
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I'm trying to follow along here so forgive me if I'm lost... so will the buds finish in the water?
Lol, it's cool. I write like shit, especially when I'm trying to put multiple thoughts together.
I'm about to find out in a few days. I'm still seeing if flushing via a container of water will work. It may be a great way to flush, after an emergency harvest

brazel

brazel

This isn't really a fair comparison, but I did a comparison between a SOG under a 250, and a 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 foot scrog under a 600 using an old mom. I will always take far more clones than so need. The fastest rooting, most healthy becomes the next mom. The next best of em are grown, and any that maybe slower, or don't grow while rooting are given away, or chucked.
1st, I'm going to flush a few buds in ph'd RO water, by putting a few stems in, and let the flowers soak up the clean water, kinda how ya keep house roses alive. This is a great way to flush if you'd have to take your plants down prematurely. Thoes will be from some unfinished buds off the SCROG I still have a few weeks left on the scrog, and she's happily sitting in coco with an EC of 3.0
The SOG bud has a few days to go, and has been flushed for 5-7 days.
I've done personal scrog before, but most of my growing has been done in commercial settings, and since time is a factor, and all that extra veg time would throw off the rythem on perpetual harvests.
Anyway, I made the mistake of putting a strain name under a title, and the mods threw the thread in the THC farmer Siberia
My avitar is this same strain grown in an SOG, as I wanted to see if a Hempy in pearlite would out yield coco In the same size container * a styraphome party cup. Hempy's won easily.
This scrog is already epic, as I've already got some large buds! I only cut a few of the smaller ones for this experiment. Even if something went drastically wrong, and the buds from the scrog doesn't put on the weight I'm used to the last 3 weeks, it would still have a ridiculous yield.
The first pic is a top off one of the SOG plants That's about done, next to a smaller bud from the SCROG. Does this strain look anything like GG to any of ya? Especially the one almost done with the slight foxtailing?
To make a long story longer, this flush method does work, as I've tested diffrent stages of harvest for effect.
The SCROG also has solid buds that go well under the screen (some are already ridiculously big, fat, and dense)
My mistake was only using only a 5 gal container of coco.
The last 2 pics are from the SOG, and #2, and 3 from scrog, 1st is a small scrog bud vs top of sog bud.
Dare I say 2+ when the scrog is finished?
I'll be doing grow journals on both soon. Ya might even understand my writing, as I won't be doing it at 6AM
Sorry I'm still a little lost but I'm definitely interested.
So as of now you prefer SOG or scrog?
And you're gonna run a test between the two?
Are you gonna go all hempy? And again nice herb bro!

brazel

brazel

Well said sir.
One thing however is debatable. Mothers, if kept right, and you always produce a few healthy clones....Degridation is not a certainty. I'v seen clones, of clones etc.....for 30 years not degrade a bit. I'v also seen strains dissapear
For sure, I know of some old mothers!
Not sure if I understand the one thing that's debatable

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Sorry I'm still a little lost but I'm definitely interested.
So as of now you prefer SOG or scrog?
And you're gonna run a test between the two?
Are you gonna go all hempy? And again nice herb bro!
I did just test the 2. I just didn't plan in doing it. It's kinda not fair, cause I did the scrog under a 250, and mother under 600. This is my 3rd time testing styraphome 2in coco vs Hempy's in str8 pearlite. Not even cloes..Hempy's kill em

brazel

brazel

Lol, it's cool. I write like shit, especially when I'm trying to put multiple thoughts together.
I'm about to find out in a few days. I'm still seeing if flushing via a container of water will work. It may be a great way to flush, after an emergency harvest
Ha so do I! I miss whole sentences sometimes!
While I don't flush, I still enjoi learning and watching experiments

brazel

brazel

My understanding is flushing is to flush out the build up of salts in your medium from the products you use, i don't understand the flush at the end. I've heard it's to remove minerals or chlorophyll?

That's why I'm following your experiment

What's your take on flushing?

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

My understanding is flushing is to flush out the build up of salts in your medium from the products you use, i don't understand the flush at the end. I've heard it's to remove minerals or chlorophyll?

That's why I'm following your experiment

What's your take on flushing?
You'r right about getting rid of the salts, as it tastes like ass, and burns like ass if I don't. I stop all N halfway through flower (even cal/mag) as it pulls the sugars from the leaves (I don't pluck leaves). I end up with either a real nice fade, or sick colors. Flowers taste great ^to me with a good long flush

brazel

brazel

You'r right about getting rid of the salts, as it tastes like ass, and burns like ass if I don't. I stop all N halfway through flower (even cal/mag) as it pulls the sugars from the leaves (I don't pluck leaves). I end up with either a real nice fade, or sick colors. Flowers taste great ^to me with a good long flush
Ok, so I thought the flush removes salts from the soil to keep roots healthy.

So the plant uptakes the salts and then plain water is applied and uptake by the plant and pushes the salts out?

Is the N pulling sugars from the leaves? Then what?

I'm even more confused : /

Latest posts

Top Bottom