Indoor Grow Methods, Flushing

• Thread starter Tasty Buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

Ok, just caught up in this thread. I appreciate everyone jumping in and providing me with some info. So if you can take clones from clones indefinitely (theoretically), then what is the point of "mother" plants? Going from what is being said, it seems choosing clones from your best plants each grow would be equivalent? Help a guy out with a bit more info. :)

P.S. Sorry to go off topic from flushing OP.

brazel

brazel

Ok, just caught up in this thread. I appreciate everyone jumping in and providing me with some info. So if you can take clones from clones indefinitely (theoretically), then what is the point of "mother" plants? Going from what is being said, it seems choosing clones from your best plants each grow would be equivalent? Help a guy out with a bit more info. :)

So every offspring is not equal, typically a mother is a keeper. It has traits not typically seen. Kinda like bill gates and his brother.. Does he have a brother?
Anyway when you take a clone from the mother, that clone will be the new mother if you don't flower it.

Choosing clones from your best plants? Are all the plants from the same mother?

A clone is an exact replica, if it's not growing good then that's on you

Any questions, don't hesitate

GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

Now the next thing I say is going to sound like some high ass shit, but I promise there is a real question in there somewhere. Mother begets clone (replica of mother), clone (replica of mother) begets clone (replica of clone/mother?). If clone is replica of clone from mother which is replica of mother itself, then what is diff? Would not all of those plants not have the same genetic qualities, thus making taking clones from best plants, or any healthy plant for that matter, from your grow the equiv as far as genetic potential goes (again assuming what is being said about degradation not being real)? Hoping you guys can spot the missing link in my knowledge.

brazel

brazel

If clone is replica of clone from mother which is replica of mother itself, then what is diff?
There's no difference between a clone from a clone from the mother.

If you take 20 clones from one mother and grow them and take clones from the best plants, how can there be a best plant? If there is, it's cause of you or something you can't control. But yes they'll still be the same unless one plant you cloned from had a disease.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I'm not sure I got Ya? You need the mother plant to get clones, and you'r familiar w/How they grow, how they feed, high light, or low light, if it takes well to topping etc.I always keep the best for next round of moms.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Now the next thing I say is going to sound like some high ass shit, but I promise there is a real question in there somewhere. Mother begets clone (replica of mother), clone (replica of mother) begets clone (replica of clone/mother?). If clone is replica of clone from mother which is replica of mother itself, then what is diff? Would not all of those plants not have the same genetic qualities, thus making taking clones from best plants, or any healthy plant for that matter, from your grow the equiv as far as genetic potential goes (again assuming what is being said about degradation not being real)? Hoping you guys can spot the missing link in my knowledge.
Right on! Exactly the reason.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

"So every offspring is not equal, typically a mother is a keeper."

Does this only really apply when said offspring are from seed?
Every offspring from f1,f2...seeds won't all be the same. True S1's SHOULD be the same (There's no other genetics in the mix) When I used to see lb or more with 1 or 2 seeds from dank weed, I've usually gotten something worthy of being clone only. That' what I don't get with seed co's. Not all the fems are the same. Sometimes not even a cloes pheno.

brazel

brazel

Oh, but to answer your questin SOG vs SCROG. It depends on strain, but with MOST elite hybrids, SOG kills SCROG in yield
I haven't grown SOG in years so I don't have a lot of expertise in that field. But when I did, I grew ebb and flow. To me it was annoying getting the plants ready but after that it was petty simple.

Moving to scrog, I've never looked back. In my experience I got a bigger yields but I also added three to fours week to my veg time. I never did the math on yield vs time so you could say I'm not positive I got bigger yields in that aspect.

What was your findings?

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I haven't grown SOG in years so I don't have a lot of expertise in that field. But when I did, I grew ebb and flow. To me it was annoying getting the plants ready but after that it was petty simple.

Moving to scrog, I've never looked back. In my experience I got a bigger yields but I also added three to fours week to my veg time. I never did the math on yield vs time so you could say I'm not positive I got bigger yields in that aspect.

What was your findings?
With the strains I used, SOG destroyed SCROG. However, there are certain tricks, or ya might say training methods I use. They'r both great ways to grow, but I'm already dreading trimming the SCRIG. SCROG won't work on some strains, as SOG won' work on some as well.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Wanted to show how some strains preform (In any medium) going straight from clone.
1st pic was Nov 8th, or 9th.
2nd, 7 weeks later.
I did have to chuck some, reveg others, and chuck a few.
They started as 3-5 inch clones, finished about 3 - 31/2 feet w/ no veg at all
They do take 2-4 days to adjust.

20171107 002523
20171224 095548
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

The 2nd pick is right around 31/2. I set the net up at 21/2, and these easily went a foot over. I'll find better examples

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Lets see.
I guess I should have taken one out, and took the pic lol.
My avitar is a better example, as I took some pics before the chop

20171231 143933
20171222 160827
20171221 162328
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Thoes were taken week 6, b4 they fattened up. I'l show some of the tops dried a bit later

Top Bottom