Indoor grown weed is not green.

• Thread starter PauliBhoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

A study, published by Nature Sustainability earlier this year, has found that indoor-grown Cannabis has lifecycle greenhouse gas emissions ranging from 2,283 to 5,184 kg CO2-equivalent per kg of dried flower (2.3-5.2 kg CO2-equivalent per gram of dried flower). 🤯

The life cycle GHG emissions are largely attributed to electricity production and natural gas consumption from indoor environmental controls, high-intensity grow lights and the supply of carbon dioxide for accelerated plant growth.

Emissions associated with growing 1 ounce of cannabis indoors is equivalent with burning 7-16 gallons of gasoline, depending on where in the US it's grown:.

In contrast, sun-grown Cannabis is typically carbon neutral or even carbon negative.

We need to bring the crop into the sun.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
A study, published by Nature Sustainability earlier this year, has found that indoor-grown Cannabis has lifecycle greenhouse gas emissions ranging from 2,283 to 5,184 kg CO2-equivalent per kg of dried flower (2.3-5.2 kg CO2-equivalent per gram of dried flower). 🤯

Emissions associated with growing 1 ounce of cannabis indoors is equivalent with burning 7-16 gallons of gasoline, depending on where in the US it's grown:.

In contrast, sun-grown Cannabis is typically carbon neutral or even carbon negative.

I don't believe that shit for one second.......However, if the problem really is that severe then that would be a REALLY good argument for legalization, let people grow in the sun instead of criminalising them and forcing them indors....where they damage the outdoors LOL

TSD

TSD

Wonder what the real carbon footprint looks like for electric cars?
Pretty bad... the process for extracting resources to make the batteries they use is not any better for the environment than using fossil fuels... and batteries don't last forever.... and obviously using the electricity to charge them, and disposal of the batteries. Unless we go back to pre industrialized society, we're gonna need to rape the planet in one way or another to keep up our way of life... there are just too many humans and most don't give it a second thought.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Wonder what the real carbon footprint looks like for electric cars?
I have a solution to the water rising problem. 1st my reasoning ( I do smoke a lot ) If you take a cup of water and drop a rock into it...what happens?....water rises .....take the rock out...what happens? water drops....Okay if everyone went to the ocean once a year and dug out their weight in sand...packed it up on shore......We now have more land on land and more room for the water....okay......if you're still with me....get big dredging machines to dig big deep holes in the ocean and put that dirt on thew land...presto....no more water rise.....Find Greta I think she needs to hear this..... I just figure if we all pitch in we can save the low lands lol..........

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

Funny that the all the places that get the coldest are in red along with a few anomalies down south

growsince79

growsince79

All mids for cartridges 😆
You mentioned cartridges so I have to ask-maybe you know. Why do the cartridges all claim to be 90-94% thc and yet they don't get you high like a decent bud? Imagine the carbon footprint that makes and they don't even work...

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
You mentioned cartridges so I have to ask-maybe you know. Why do the cartridges all claim to be 90-94% thc and yet they don't get you high like a decent bud? Imagine the carbon footprint that makes and they don't even work...
Short flowering strains that dump hash,cut early so the color is lighter.(indica learners)
When shit is done right they charge a arm and a leg for a gram lol

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Short flowering strains that dump hash,cut early so the color is lighter.(indica learners)
When shit is done right they charge a arm and a leg for a gram lol
Ugh I need a line on good carts, they are so popular here, lots of bs floating around though

Ponky

Ponky

It's OK. I just checked. Ocean levels haven't changed since we first built stone buildings by the water. Turns out the whole carbon thing is a cash grabbing scam. Leonard Nemoy was the guy they used to push cooling. And then they switched it 180. Run your grow on coal and crude oil if you can. Makes no difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom