indoor outdoor weed more potent

• Thread starter ohiorasta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
symbiote420

symbiote420

My point I was makng is nobody decided to grow buds inside because they would be better, they did it for privacy/security reasons only.
Outdoor outdoes indoor, it's even easier too!

symbiote420

symbiote420

Every year I start seeds outside, and every year I take cuttings and end up running the best of them inside. The ONLY differences I am ever able to note have to do with flavor and appearance. That's it. Flavor, IMO, is not as good on the indoor stuff, just seems to lack something that's hard for me to define. But the high is the same.

I couldn't agree more Sea, I read an article a while back about indoor weed producing more CBDs in the same strain and outdoor weed has a higher THC content. Forgot where I read it be it had something to do with uv rays.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I couldn't agree more Sea, I read an article a while back about indoor weed producing more CBDs in the same strain and outdoor weed has a higher THC content. Forgot where I read it be it had something to do with uv rays.

I would like to read that article...

I was just talking about that with the guys at steephill labs a few days ago,
We were wondering if the wider spectrum of the sun would make a difference in CBD levels

I should have some test results in a few days from them on a test clone I light dep-ed (fingers crossed)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My point I was makng is nobody decided to grow buds inside because they would be better, they did it for privacy/security reasons only.
Outdoor outdoes indoor, it's even easier too!
Perhaps also so they could extend and maybe even control the growing season. I recently caught the tail end of another great Werner Herzog documentary about the people in Antarctica. They've got a totally bitchen hydro set-up going down there!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Haborside Dispensary in Oakland now calls it "Sun grown" not outdoor

I kinda like that

lol :)

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
good indoor - 3k + a lb

good outdoor - lucky to get 2 k

gee I wonder what is better

Venom818

Venom818

indoor I have yet to smoke a sample of outdoor that can match indoor ive smoked some bomb outdoor but doesn't match the indoor kill i have sampled

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
indoor I have yet to smoke a sample of outdoor that can match indoor ive smoked some bomb outdoor but doesn't match the indoor kill i have sampled

word - I have smoked bomb ass outdoor - I have grown bomb ass outdoor - but Id still rather smoke my indoor versions of all those strains

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
you know what would be interesting is a ballast that could start out at a cool lum. temp, and progressivly get to full peak in 4-5 hrs of being on kinda like the sunrise and by high noon your at full power of the sun and then slowly drop off to complete dark on a 12/12 cycle that would be interseting to me

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Indoor also costs more to grow...Right?

sure it does - but that dont mean shit when it comes to retail - people want good indoor - thats where the demand is

believe me if the dispensaries could get away with paying the same price for everything - they would still charge 30% more for indoor

some places wont even take outdoor

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
This shouldn't even be a debate, why does man think he can always best nature? IMHO indoor looks better, but that's about it.

come toke on some of my bud ....Ill convert ya:hi

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
good indoor - 3k + a lb

good outdoor - lucky to get 2 k

gee I wonder what is better

and this is kinda the reason i grow $$$$

this is representative of the different grow styles...... opinions well yall know

K

KillMachineKill

Don't you think indoor is somewhat hyped though? Honestly the question of the stoner ages, usually (and even in this case) I kind of think why does it matter... I also grow both, the "best" therefore got me the highest weed I have ever smoked was indoor for sure, and the highest thc percentage I have yet to smoke (28%) was also indoor... But most indoor is shitty. (big fat period) And in my opinion a lot of indoor growers hide behind the I grow indoor hydro or indoor organic therefore it is chronic, or it is better then outdoor. A lot of people don't know what they are doing even if they have a shiny brand new complete grow setup. Some people have it dialed and grow the chronic. I honestly don't have a preference smoked great and shitty of both.
However money wise it is all about the gross. A good outdoor season you can pull triple digits if you know what you are doing and have the space. Even at 1.8 per, that would be a lot of indoor rounds.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Don't you think indoor is somewhat hyped though? Honestly the question of the stoner ages, usually (and even in this case) I kind of think why does it matter... I also grow both, the "best" therefore got me the highest weed I have ever smoked was indoor for sure, and the highest thc percentage I have yet to smoke (28%) was also indoor... But most indoor is shitty. (big fat period) And in my opinion a lot of indoor growers hide behind the I grow indoor hydro or indoor organic therefore it is chronic, or it is better then outdoor. A lot of people don't know what they are doing even if they have a shiny brand new complete grow setup. Some people have it dialed and grow the chronic. I honestly don't have a preference smoked great and shitty of both.
However money wise it is all about the gross. A good outdoor season you can pull triple digits if you know what you are doing and have the space. Even at 1.8 per, that would be a lot of indoor rounds.

I agree and would say the same about most outdoor weed where growers hide behind it being organic

but we are not talking about "most" weed

we are discussing the best of the best

K

KillMachineKill

That is very true and I totally agree, people that are totally hyped on organic and don't know what they are doing, at best crack me up. For the best of the best I guess I would have to agree that you can probably achieve the most THC from growing indoor, at least from what I have smoked.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I get $4000 a pound all day every day for outdoor Chemdog D, Original Diesel, The White, G13/SD and a few more and I could get $5000 if I wanted too. There are people that get $80 an eighth for my outdoor. I sell it at $250 an ounce. I don't care if you buy one or 20 pounds I am getting $250 an ounce. The people I sell too that resell it get $350 to $500 for an oz and a couple of them grind it out in small batches for $640. And all the people all down the line are happy to get it. Hell when I run out they get depressed and tell me the other weed around town doesn't get them high.

Most indoor is cuts and most outdoor I would guess is seed grows. Selected phenos against whatever phenos. That is why most indoor is considered better. I would bet my bottom dollar that very few people bring in outdoor elites like Chemdog D or Bubba Kush. But if they did then opinions would be different.

My best outdoor always is my head stash for the year. I sell almost every bit of my indoor except Original Diesel (I keep every morsel). The buds are bigger, more dense, stinkier and have more resin.

Outdoor Chemdog D and The White are ridiculous. There is no way anybody would even question buying it. Now if I took it to a club and they looked at it under a microscope they would see stuff they wouldn't see on indoor and that would probably give it away. But just eyeballing it NO WAY. The trichs, the stickiness and the ungodly powerful smell would still make them buy it. When they smoked it I am quite sure it will impress them.

If they took their best stuff and I took my best stuff to say a hempfest and a bunch of camping out hippies were buying. I am outselling them.

Part of that is because in general Pennsylvania and lower N.Y. have the finest natural soils in the continental U.S. The other part is because of the sun and UV rays.

I entered the 420 cup one year. I should have sent them Chemdog D but I didn't want to win just because I had a super cut that nobody ever seems to enter in those events. So I entered my own cross. I planted 3 seeds and got 1 female. No pheno search, no never gonna find it again pheno. What I got is what I entered. Flavor held me back. Because there is a dank earthy flavor that most all in the ground outdoor gets.

I edged out Karma Genetics Happy Brother and soundly beat Greenhouse Chemdog and Bubba Kush and crushed Soma. Everybody entered special phenos and everybody entered indoor buds. I entered the first female I ever grew in that cross and it was grown in a cornfield. It did as good as it did because I firmly believe that strain to same strain, well grown outdoor weed is more potent, more resinous and more stinky than indoor.

My entry is Uranium Cranium Kush by Ickis.

Now if they didn't know it was outdoor than how would any of you?

If you think a 1000w makes better buds than a 400w than you can't argue because outdoors THE SUN is my bulb.

It is just very hard to do it right in the wild. It takes practice and the right skills. I ain't making excuses for my outdoor just because people grow a bunch of poor quality outdoor in California.

I have stuff that isn't primo because I try new seeds every year. Some weed just isn't that good, doesn't finish or can't hack it outside with bugs and weather. I don't sell that crap and I don't grow it again. Most people still unload it and that is where the bad rap comes with outdoor. They had 100 lbs of mediocre weed and they had to unload it or be broke and starve and waste all that work.

My finest outdoor bud against your finest bud Motherlode. Come November we find some lucky member to do the Fantasy Football best bud contest between me and you. I am taking you down and then my team is going to beat the crap out of yours in our league.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
How anybody thought this was a personal attack is way beyond me. It was supposed to be joking around with a friend. Apparently there wasn't a friendship so the joke wasn't perceived as a friend would have so I have edited this post.

Now I have one less Christmas card to send out this year.

:mad0233:

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I changed my mind. I coming right to your house motherlode so I can hear you when you say stuff like...

"I can't smoke anymore"

'Where am I"

"Why am I laying on the floor"

"Who the fuck am I"

and my favorite....

"Time is going real slow"

yeah tobor - trust me bro that aint happening - Im not some 20 year old snot nose kid who never smoked good bud - nice fantasy though

you think seeded weed is better too - which I happen to strongly disagree with as well

just so you nobody is getting 4 k a lb for anything in cali anymore unless they are parting it out - just so happens you live in a fascist state

T

TreFarmer

Pick me pick me!!! I'll Guinea Pig! Have Bong will travel!!:banana1sv6:

Top Bottom