• Thread starter ohiorasta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
lol..

You guys just wait till I get a couple more grows under my belt....
I will show you some killer outdoor...

Hell, I already grew some killer outdoor....The guy at the Co-op had to ask if it was in or out....I let him give 1600....Cause im a Newb....But that ain't gonna happen again...Im not a newb anymore..

I'll show you guys some Dank outdoor...you just wait

:)

symbiote420

symbiote420

Well stated Tobor, no 400 can outperform a 600, and no 600 can outdo a 1000 watter but ppl will believe these bulbs can best the sun, are you kidding? tell me you're joking right? The best grown outdoor will crush it's indoor counterpart in any blind test taste, enough with the talking we need to have an Indoor vs Outdoor Cannibis Cup. I've been using 5.0 & 10.0 reptile bulbs since 08 for indoor crops the uvb they produce takes my buds to another level, THC needs uvb rays to develop fully and reach it's max potential/potency. Uvb is something the sun has an abundance of, HIDs give off very little if any.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
I Would Love To Attend That

The Indoor vs. Outdoor Smokeoff would be a great event which I would travel far and wide to attend. If you had it in the midwest it would be kinda in the middle or even Denver or Boulder. Looking forward to seeing who wins, because I truely respect both individuals as great members of the farm. Lets Get Ready To Rumble

mal

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
yep yep yep

proof is in the pudding ...............but come on

we all know that outdoor cant on a consistent basis year after year produce THC % like a grow room done right now some years you might be better
out but if the growrers skill is good every year is afew top notch crops

now greenhouses with suplemintal lighting really isnt true outdoor now is it

no light weights allowed..............I have had people ask if I had anything less potent but only on the indo:hi

not totaly sure but am pretty sure the sun at 12:00 noon on the equater of a clear day the sun puts out 100,000 lumens per square meter 2 600w hps out does this ( and we all know that we cant control clouds or weather ) now spectrum and PAR arent in this ultra violet isnt either but plants only use between 400 -700 nm range so these other nm ranges dont figure in

symbiote420

symbiote420

Freegrow I live in SE Michigan, 42° latitude, and my skills (22 yrs. of growing) killing it here, our season shorter too so our strain selection is limited as well; my dick gets hard imagining what I could do at a lower lat. and higher sea level, and I just started breeding seriously in 08 after 2 yrs of reading Marijuana Botany, I'll bring my own strains to the cup, somebody need to set this up!!, get some sponsors, and venders, a nice location...I'm game to rep the outdoor!!!

K

Kief Stoned

proof is in the pudding ...............but come on

we all know that outdoor cant on a consistent basis year after year produce like a grow room done right now some years you might be better
out but if the growrers skill is good every year is afew top notch crops

now greenhouses with suplemintal lighting really isnt true outdoor now is it

no light weights allowed..............I have had people ask if I had anything less potent but only on the indo:hi

not totaly sure but am pretty sure the sun at 12:00 noon on the equater of a clear day the sun puts out 100,000 lumens per square meter 2 600w hps out does this ( and we all know that we cant control clouds or weather ) now spectrum and PAR arent in this ultra violet isnt either but plants only use between 400 -700 nm range so these other nm ranges dont figure in

IMHO no grow room can match outside. Point - 1 plant grown outside can yield 5 pounds and more in 7 months or less. Granted, this is under optimal conditons etc but that is not the question at hand...Show me any growroom in the world that can come even close to that and ill print this page out and eat it. lol

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
good indoor - 3k + a lb

good outdoor - lucky to get 2 k

gee I wonder what is better
Lucky to get? I disagree. $2K/lb is easy to get.

But, let's really take a closer look at return on investment here. Because indoor is so much more intensive in just about every way that I can think of, and then there's just the cost of electricity to grow it. So I'm just gonna average out my costs, irrespective of equipment (since it can be reused).

I'm cheap about nutes, so I don't think I've ever spent more than $50/mth (give or take) on nutrients for my indoor grows.

Average rate using PG&Evil's tiered plan I end up paying from $150-$200/mth for the power. Multiply that by a minimum of three (but I've run a few strong Sativas that needed their full hundred days bloom time for best results), but again, this isn't including that veg time.

It's costing me from $200-$250/mth just for power and nutrients to grow indoors. That was before I installed my big 10" EcoPlus fan. (I didn't run the fan long enough to get a good idea of how it would change the bill.)

In the meantime, the sun ain't costing me a dime. The soil? Keeps feeding them. I have to water and supplement and I spend an average of $10/mth on the nutrients necessary for the outdoor grow. The air moves on its own outside, too, so no need to be concerned with ventilation.

Both grows need water, though simply due to scale the indoor growing needs perhaps a third of what the outdoor does. How about my time? Indoor growing I MUST be checking, feeding, whatever, daily. Outdoors? I can leave them for a weekend or a week to few ill effects.

The cost difference in electricity and nutrients between indoor and outdoor growing is 20x-25x! $2K/lb is more than fair for that oh-so-easy-to-grow outdoor that's just as potent. In fact, I just put two dicks in the dirt yesterday with my impotent outdoor weed. :giggle (Poor guys, I thought one of 'em was gonna have to spend the night.)

Yes, I know that lots of people are all about the indoor, but I feel that a lot of that is based on ignorance or availability of top shelf OUTDOOR grown meds.

However, the original question was which was more potent. I'd love to get a chance to experience another grower's weed that's been grown indoors and out. I don't think that sentence made sense, but I can't think of how to clarify what I mean. Someone who did/does what I do!

Aw... nuts. Still not making sense.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
That was the point I tried to make Seamaiden.
But, I too realize the cost of growing is Not the issue here.

The OP asked which is more Potent...Not which is better or which do you prefer..or which is cleaner or prettier

We are talkin THC content right?

So this really shouldn't be a debate...

I would think that this would have already be proven or established in some sort of study or test.

and Now, Im wondering if anyone has run Hydro in the sun.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Well hell, Ken, I don't even really get high anymore I smoke so much weed. So I'm thinking maybe I'm not a good person to answer the potency question. Unless it's something like Jack's Cleaner or Jack Herer that totally cuts through and gives me good buzzzzzzzzz........

Yes, I'm positive there have been certain types of hydro, passive at the very least, done outside. Last year I did perlite hempy tubs outside. And then I got the root aphids. :(

As for the debate, its premise is specious, IMO, because potency has so much more to do with the grower's skill and genetics than whether it was grown under artificial or natural light.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Motherlode I know that isn't happening. I figured I could joke with you because we been around the block a couple times together now. Guess I was wrong. It wasn't a personal attack it was messing around. How could you possibly take that seriously?

WTF?????????

Now it is on for real. This ain't BS. Pick your best bud guy. Make sure it's your best too because I don't want ANY EXCUSES AFTER YOU LOSE!!! How's that for confidence?

I share stuff with you, I join a league with you, I post back and fourth with you and you have to say what you said in mojo because you can't decipher humor.

This bridge just burned down and it isn't going to be rebuilt either.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
As for the debate, its premise is specious, IMO, because potency has so much more to do with the grower's skill and genetics than whether it was grown under artificial or natural light.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner right here.

S

Sunbiz1

Lucky to get? I disagree. $2K/lb is easy to get.

But, let's really take a closer look at return on investment here. Because indoor is so much more intensive in just about every way that I can think of, and then there's just the cost of electricity to grow it. So I'm just gonna average out my costs, irrespective of equipment (since it can be reused).

I'm cheap about nutes, so I don't think I've ever spent more than $50/mth (give or take) on nutrients for my indoor grows.

Average rate using PG&Evil's tiered plan I end up paying from $150-$200/mth for the power. Multiply that by a minimum of three (but I've run a few strong Sativas that needed their full hundred days bloom time for best results), but again, this isn't including that veg time.

It's costing me from $200-$250/mth just for power and nutrients to grow indoors. That was before I installed my big 10" EcoPlus fan. (I didn't run the fan long enough to get a good idea of how it would change the bill.)

In the meantime, the sun ain't costing me a dime. The soil? Keeps feeding them. I have to water and supplement and I spend an average of $10/mth on the nutrients necessary for the outdoor grow. The air moves on its own outside, too, so no need to be concerned with ventilation.

Both grows need water, though simply due to scale the indoor growing needs perhaps a third of what the outdoor does. How about my time? Indoor growing I MUST be checking, feeding, whatever, daily. Outdoors? I can leave them for a weekend or a week to few ill effects.

The cost difference in electricity and nutrients between indoor and outdoor growing is 20x-25x! $2K/lb is more than fair for that oh-so-easy-to-grow outdoor that's just as potent. In fact, I just put two dicks in the dirt yesterday with my impotent outdoor weed. :giggle (Poor guys, I thought one of 'em was gonna have to spend the night.)

Yes, I know that lots of people are all about the indoor, but I feel that a lot of that is based on ignorance or availability of top shelf OUTDOOR grown meds.

However, the original question was which was more potent. I'd love to get a chance to experience another grower's weed that's been grown indoors and out. I don't think that sentence made sense, but I can't think of how to clarify what I mean. Someone who did/does what I do!

Aw... nuts. Still not making sense.

Have you noticed any appreciable difference in your projects when growing the same strain both in and out?. I have, but not so much when I grow in planters outside the house. The real difference I noticed is when I take the same strain and make it a true guerrilla grow. The radical change in environment changes everything, smell, taste, buzz.

K

Kief Stoned

Motherlode I know that isn't happening. I figured I could joke with you because we been around the block a couple times together now. Guess I was wrong. It wasn't a personal attack it was messing around. How could you possibly take that seriously?

WTF?????????

Now it is on for real. This ain't BS. Pick your best bud guy. Make sure it's your best too because I don't want ANY EXCUSES AFTER YOU LOSE!!! How's that for confidence?

I share stuff with you, I join a league with you, I post back and fourth with you and you have to say what you said in mojo because you can't decipher humor.

This bridge just burned down and it isn't going to be rebuilt either.

ohthedrama.gif

http://i483.invalid.com/albums/rr194/paelgrande/popcorn_smiley.gif

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Have you noticed any appreciable difference in your projects when growing the same strain both in and out?. I have, but not so much when I grow in planters outside the house. The real difference I noticed is when I take the same strain and make it a true guerrilla grow. The radical change in environment changes everything, smell, taste, buzz.
Oh, yes, but mostly in physical traits. Leaves may not get as big, buds form differently, that sort of thing. And for me, that's only to do with my styles and methods of growing indoors vs out. At least, that's what I think.... My preferred method of indoor growing is SOG. 1gal pots all the way around because they're easy for me to pick up and move around, plus they don't let the plants get so big that I have more difficulties (old back injury colors all of what I do and how).

I finally have a girl growing in native earth under our deck. So, for the very first time I'll be able to get a chance to taste what a plant grown this way can and will do. Because of her location, despite being one of my seed starts (pretty sure this is one of the NL #5 seeds I thought was a goner, flicked it off the deck) she's already flowering like the clones. She doesn't get direct sunlight until rather late in the day, so I'm just very surprised all the way around about this little lady. I expect her to teach me a lot.

Food for Thought.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
That 100,000 lumens theory is not accurate. Because indoor lights the lumens drop as the distance from the bulb increases. The sun doesn't decrease from the top of a building to the bottom of a building. The sun penetrates to the earth's surface. There is a really, really big difference.

IMHO there is no bulb that duplicates exactly what is in sunlight. There is no water source that duplicates what is in good rain water and there is no soil mix in a pot that duplicates good natural soil.

A tomato grown in Pennsylvania, outdoors, in the ground can not be duplicated inside or in a greenhouse. Everybody that has ever eaten summer outdoor tomatoes and then passes on every greenhouse or indoor winter supermarket tomato knows exactly what I mean.

Perfectly grown outdoor weed vs perfectly grown indoor weed is just like summer garden tomatoes vs indoor tomatoes.

Example are plentiful. It's just not the sun either. It's all the factors of being

Tomatoes
Wild trout vs farm raised trout
Wild shrimp vs farm raised shrimp
Woodstock vs Madison Square Garden concert

Hell pot is even better when you smoke it outside in nature.

What the hell has happened to some of you people?

Stay inside and enjoy your indoor buds, greenhouse tomatoes and farm raised fish. I will be outside smoking some wilderness buds eating a fresh caught fish with a side of garden tomatoes.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
:) What's my prize? Do I get a cookie?!

You probably already make some killer cookies Seamaiden. And I know you grow plenty of weed so figuring out a prize for you is going to be tough.

How about 300 ft of fencing of your choice? Cash?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hehheh.... that could totally work! That, or what I'd really love would be a mini excavator.

Naw, all I need is worship. :giggle
<snipped>

<snipped>

Stay inside and enjoy your indoor buds, greenhouse tomatoes and farm raised fish. I will be outside smoking some wilderness buds eating a fresh caught fish with a side of garden tomatoes.
Bolded. THIS.^^ My favorite!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter

What the hell has happened to some of you people?

Excellent points!

http://i149.invalid.com/albums/s78/sheri_2007_1/Smileys/smiley-clapping.gif

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
ahh ya beat me to it Seamaiden....lol

eta; Cause I was looking for Gif.

eta again..

.I going outside right now :)

Top Bottom