(indoor)Topping babies in veg?

• Thread starter SnowWhite
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheTommyK

TheTommyK

Well I have 24 to soon try this with. And judging by the with/without pics..... I am going to try on at least 12. I have similar results as you first pic..... which is good enough, but I am willing to "learn" with half. I have another 24 to further "learn" on 4 week's after that.....

Nutts

Nutts

Here's what they do when you release em after a couple weeks Tied down to th side if the buckets. I could have kept it tied down or I could have waited and it wouldn't have raised that much. It did make the canopy completely even though.

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

Awesome..... After reading all this..... And the pics, I can wait to get training. I got a bunch of pipecleaners to start.

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

Ok .... I am at the point of being able to Train my girls. I have re read this thread and a few more, and I have a few more questions:
Please see the pic and let me know if I have that correctly ....
So Do I tie down the new branches that are starting off the Main Spiral branch?
How long does this training process take? I veg for 5 weeks in 4" pots before I change over to 12/12 and 10" pots at the same time. So i only have the 4" pots to train in .... small Circle/Spiral ... or is that enough? Do How long should the spiral training vs. vertical growth of the "new branches" be?
(See pic for reference)
DSC 0097

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

I did 17 more like this (18 total) and I have 6 (that I will leave Au Natural) for a total of 24. Of the 18 LSTed, 12 will be just LST, 6 will be LST and Fimed.

mushface

mushface

lookin good bro. ive been following since the beginning. im a lurker and hobby farmer so I don't give answers in threads. just responding because I would like u to continue to update thread. happy growing. stay safe

Nutts

Nutts

You wanna take the top tippity top top and pull her down to the side so that she is no longer the highest point. Then the lowest branch surprisingly becomes the main branch. You don't even have to cut one branch tip or leaf off if they are tied down correctly.
Think of it this way. A ganja plant is not actually a single plant. It's more like a main stalk with a bunch of little ganja plants growing from the main stalk. So when you pull the main stalk down sideways all those branches become even in height and you have a bunch of colas growing from the one main stem. Does that make sense. ? The best results come when you have an even canopy. Even if you have to cut down the tallest plants a week before flower to keep em even its no big deal. The light being at a nice even distance from all the tops is.

Nutts

Nutts

Awesome..... After reading all this..... And the pics, I can wait to get training. I got a bunch of pipecleaners to start.
You start to have a lot of foliage it ets hard to check every spot after a while so using something like a pipe cleaner is perfect you don't have to actually twist it around the branch just bend it over the branch it will hold perfectly. I only say this because I forgot to untie a branch once and the branch grew and chopped itself off when I pulled it one day. The string cut it as it grew

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

I thought i would do that when It grew all the way around the pot to the other side ... what keeps growing forward to complete the spiral?
The pictorial at the first page of the thread suggests to do it in step 8.....
Here its is today ....
DSC 0192

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

Should i be cutting the fan leaves at the base of the node which the new branches have started ...??? It would make things "cleaner" ... or is this a no no?

Nutts

Nutts

Should i be cutting the fan leaves at the base of the node which the new branches have started ...??? It would make things "cleaner" ... or is this a no no?
Leave em. The more foliage you have for as long as you can the plant will use it like food. The natural process is for the plant to use what it needs and then drop the leaf. When you flower you can see all sorts of cool colors you'd never think the plants would turn. Before growing I had no idea that a plant could be bright yellow and purple with green buds. These plants rule. So does growing your own

Nutts

Nutts

Great job man she looks super healthy and happy. Is there a way to rep people on this site?

Latest posts

Top Bottom