Indoor virgin, wish me luck

• Thread starter electroguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
electroguy

electroguy

I'll let them go 2-3 weeks in cups that size. I like to get them established well before I transplant into the next size up..which for me is into 3/4 gallon plastic pots then into 3 gal fabric pots 2 weeks later, I rarely need a bigger pot than 3 gal and I veg for 2 months plus.
Thank you. Very valuable information

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
QUOTE="TSD, post: 2927650, member: 129849"]
You're welcome! Solo cups are nice cause they have vertical space for the roots to use, so that gives you a little more time... and some people straight up flower in them! Just make sure no roots are in the drainage holes if you're going to flip check one... if there are, you know you're close to transplant time... don't want to damage the roots. You can even slice them down one side once you actually transplant to get them out easier if they're stuck.
[/QUOTE]
People flower in solo cups?? Who on earth would do that!?........ ;)

electroguy

electroguy

So I ordered 5 pounds of super soil concentrate. I think I can do 5 plants with it. I was going to mix it with either happy frog or ocean Forrest. Any opinions?

TSD

TSD

So I ordered 5 pounds of super soil concentrate. I think I can do 5 plants with it. I was going to mix it with either happy frog or ocean Forrest. Any opinions?
Depends what's in it, not familiar with super soil concentrate... are you supposed to mix it with a base soil? Might want to add something more inert other than or in addition to ffof since that already has a decent amount of stuff, you don't want to go too hot... is there instructions on how to use it? Mixing different formulations can be tricky because it messes with the ratios of nutrients.

electroguy

electroguy

Depends what's in it, not familiar with super soil concentrate... are you supposed to mix it with a base soil? Might want to add something more inert other than or in addition to ffof since that already has a decent amount of stuff, you don't want to go too hot... is there instructions on how to use it? Mixing different formulations can be tricky because it messes with the ratios of nutrients.
It is to be mixed with decent soil and placed as the bottom third of the soil. Then fill the rest with decent soil.

electroguy

electroguy

I got a sad face from @Sunasun. Was that a poor idea with the concentrate? I haven't gotten it yet.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
It is to be mixed with decent soil and placed as the bottom third of the soil. Then fill the rest with decent soil.
Is this concentrate made for cannabis? Or is it a general plant product?

I wonder if this stuff is a good idea. I get the attempt......bury nutrient concentrate down in the lowersoil l layers so the plants get to use it down the road, as they need it....

The problem being that especially weed roots......they grow right down real quick, will start sucking up the nutrient concentrate, and it ends up being a slightly delayed overfeeding.

Unless the overall soil being used isn't super rich, maybe some of it was recycled.......and not too much of this concentrate was used....

electroguy

electroguy

Is this concentrate made for cannabis? Or is it a general plant product?

I wonder if this stuff is a good idea. I get the attempt......bury nutrient concentrate down in the lowersoil l layers so the plants get to use it down the road, as they need it....

The problem being that especially weed roots......they grow right down real quick, will start sucking up the nutrient concentrate, and it ends up being a slightly delayed overfeeding.

Unless the overall soil being used isn't super rich, maybe some of it was recycled.......and not too much of this concentrate was used....
It is made for it. A similar blend to sub cools living soil.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Maybe listing the ingredients and the ratios of the each product would help in determining how hot a mix you'll have?🤓

Reactions: TSD
Sunasun

Sunasun

I got a sad face from @Sunasun. Was that a poor idea with the concentrate? I haven't gotten it yet.
Soil mixing causes problems for novice growers. I don't want you to have problems hence the sad face. I can retract it if you'd like.

Reactions: TSD
electroguy

electroguy

Soil mixing causes problems for novice growers. I don't want you to have problems hence the sad face. I can retract it if you'd like.
No, that's totally cool. I really appreciate it. I'm really interested in the organic growing and working full time and building a house 150 miles away leaves me no time to make my own organic living soil. It has a shit load of bacteria, fungus, and all the little creatures that help the roots. It's on Amazon and everyone seems to love it. Organic living soil concentrate. I don't have enough for all the little ones and all the seeds are non feminized so I also got my ff from last year first grow. Thank you so much for your reaction because that's why I'm here. The fact that people take their valuable time to help other people here gives me hope for the future. Everybody's awesome and so helpful here. Thanks again

electroguy

electroguy

Maybe listing the ingredients and the ratios of the each product would help in determining how hot a mix you'll have?🤓
Great idea , I'll do that. Thanks so much. Everybody's fucking awesome. AWESOME!!!!!!

Top Bottom