Indoor virgin, wish me luck

• Thread starter electroguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
electroguy

electroguy

8 in solos. I cut slits in the new cups to add some air. I had some over watering on a few of the first seedlings. Fucking rookie! Can I spray a bit of fish emultion real thinned out on the leaves? I feel like the older ones could be a bit hungry.

IMG 20230227 181159589
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Just wanted to say aloe. Weed love for you to do well. :)

I love fluorescents for seedlings. You can get 'em right up close, they give off the right amount of warmth......I also like to use those plastic domes for seedlings that they give you when you get a shake, especially the ones that have an X cut out of the top. They allow for just enough air flow that they're not sealed off. Plus these peat cups. Here's a pic that has one, and I'm really digging a combo of flourescents and these little LED grow light/lamps. They're getting better all the time. These are a few seedlings my wife is growing for her space, or maybe they'll go outdoors this summer.

Good luck. You will do great. :)

20230227 212217
electroguy

electroguy

don’t be spraying anything on them
they come with enough food to start life, when you see the 2 small round cotyledon leaves starting to yellow is when you can start to add tiny bit of nutrients..
I have a three week old Master kush recovering from over watering I was talking about for now. The other ones are little. Thanks

electroguy

electroguy

Just wanted to say aloe. Weed love for you to do well. :)

I love fluorescents for seedlings. You can get 'em right up close, they give off the right amount of warmth......I also like to use those plastic domes for seedlings that they give you when you get a shake, especially the ones that have an X cut out of the top. They allow for just enough air flow that they're not sealed off. Plus these peat cups. Here's a pic that has one, and I'm really digging a combo of flourescents and these little LED grow light/lamps. They're getting better all the time. These are a few seedlings my wife is growing for her space, or maybe they'll go outdoors this summer.

Good luck. You will do great. :)
Thanks. When do you like to loose the domes?

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
These days, about day 85.......no, I'm just kidding. It's my first run since Bill Clinton's 1st term so things are a little slow.......as soon as they seem like they're ready to be on their own, without the support of the high humidity. That's usually when the 1st leaf set isn't fully developed, it could be 3 days after poking through, maybe 5 depending on how warm things are, how humid/dry the general environment is. It's when the soil is ready for It's first drying out at the top, obviously before stem rot would happen. You get the feel.......and the great things about using the dome cup lids is you don't have to deal with plastic wrap, you can use them to protect the stems by watering around them, they act as a shield that prevents you from hitting the stems with water, you can use a spray bottle around the outter rim of the dome.......they're easily lifted, or put back on if the seedling just starts to wilt and looks like it was happier with the dome on. The first few days after sprouting is that delicate time anyway, where we're really present and on top of things. And the domes are reusable.....you just have to have like, 20 shakes.....terrible. ;)

electroguy

electroguy

These days, about day 85.......no, I'm just kidding. It's my first run since Bill Clinton's 1st term so things are a little slow.......as soon as they seem like they're ready to be on their own, without the support of the high humidity. That's usually when the 1st leaf set isn't fully developed, it could be 3 days after poking through, maybe 5 depending on how warm things are, how humid/dry the general environment is. It's when the soil is ready for It's first drying out at the top, obviously before stem rot would happen. You get the feel.......and the great things about using the dome cup lids is you don't have to deal with plastic wrap, you can use them to protect the stems by watering around them, they act as a shield that prevents you from hitting the stems with water, you can use a spray bottle around the outter rim of the dome.......they're easily lifted, or put back on if the seedling just starts to wilt and looks like it was happier with the dome on. The first few days after sprouting is that delicate time anyway, where we're really present and on top of things. And the domes are reusable.....you just have to have like, 20 shakes.....terrible. ;)
Mmmmmmm, 20 chocolate shakes. Well, somebody's gotta do it

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Mmmmmmm, 20 chocolate shakes. Well, somebody's gotta do it
Banana for me. Sometimes Strawberry, if it's not too sweet. McDonald's is awful. Five Guy's makes decent burgers and fries for a fast food place, and their shakes are pretty good, that's where I get these domes from. There's also Chik-fil-A, they have domes that have a larger, round hole in the top. It's really too large for giving much humidity, but it is good for seedlings that have stretched too much or weren't deep enough and want to fall over. It props them up, and protects from stem rot because you can water around the outside of the dome only......until you get to adding more soil and feel comfortable that the stem is strong enough and won't get damaged.

electroguy

electroguy

Banana for me. Sometimes Strawberry, if it's not too sweet. McDonald's is awful. Five Guy's makes decent burgers and fries for a fast food place, and their shakes are pretty good, that's where I get these domes from. There's also Chik-fil-A, they have domes that have a larger, round hole in the top. It's really too large for giving much humidity, but it is good for seedlings that have stretched too much or weren't deep enough and want to fall over. It props them up, and protects from stem rot because you can water around the outside of the dome only......until you get to adding more soil and feel comfortable that the stem is strong enough and won't get damaged.
Nice, simple, cheap, brilliant, innovative. I like it

SSgrower

SSgrower

Last year New Mexico legalized it and I got 2 clones from a friend. Planted late, plants were stressed. After they settled in they looked great. Green and lush. Did one LST on main stem on each girl. They stayed short but did have multiple colas. This year I want to try indoor. I got a vivosun 4'x4'x80" tent, 450 watt Phlizon led, and hopefully some bomb seeds. I popped a master kush bag seed in a jiffy peat pod in a dome in like 2 days with a heating pad underneath. Then got 2 Malawi seeds, 2 dawgtrap, and 2 golden glues. Threw them in yesterday. Put the mystery gendered master kush in a solo cup with happy frog last night and a Mason jar on top. It looked happy when I got home from work. Just sitting in a sunny window right now.
I'll set up the tent this weekend.
Quick question in lights. Basically height and Dimming level for the little ones. I don't want to over do it, or under for that matter.
Anyways, thanks for any ideas and happy growing
I also rock the FD 4500 450w LED from Philzon. Following SS

Latest posts

Top Bottom