Inexpensive E-nail.

• Thread starter HeLLMuTT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gumby420

gumby420

d nail uses all american parts, machined in house i believe, every other e nail company uses cheap chinese parts. i work at a high end head shop. d nail is the only one worth getting in my opinion, between customer service, parts and warranty they are by far superior to every other e nail ive seen or used

gumby420

gumby420

M

Mad Dabber

After trying 3 different units, I realized that D-nail is great. But I needed something cheaper. Because after getting a rig to go with it, You are talking about a serious chunk of change. So I went DIY, and it was fine. But had temp regulating issues, and no customer support of course... That's when my dea... um, friend, showed me his BestE-Nail. I ordered mine that night because it was on sale, and came with a free water pipe. I expected the pipe to be shit, but it's actually really nice. heavy, great recycler. I can't believe how cool it is, and how much stuff comes with it. Based in Texas, the customer service guys are great. I've had it a few weeks now, and finally put a video on youtube. My favorite feature is the sleep function. I have mine set to drop to 350 degrees after 20 min. of inactivity. Stays hot so it heats up quickly, but doesn't burn down the house if I pass out and knock that thing over or leave it on when I go to work, at which time my cat knocks it over for me.
I hate sounding so excited about something, but I guess the price for the quality just really impressed me.

Youtube link below...

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

My xlr is all soldered just need to remember to bring it from work. Still waiting on the box and the female power supply

Skoosh

Skoosh

Apologies...

I know it's been what? two months since I said that the 30-60 seconds heating with a torch was no biggie, but upon reflection I think I'd really like to check out an electric nail.

The price though is something I can't live with at this moment, so I'm definitely watching this thread to read impressions with what's available versus what's DIY.

I can most certainly handle a certain amount of DIY, but I really want the nail to get to the upper end of the temp spectrum. (690+)
Some of the less expensive units I've seen (mostly on eBay) don't seem to achieve a hot enough temperature. (by a couple hundred degrees F, or more)
As far as an enail goes...
I do like the idea of just walking back into my office to a nail that's at (or near) temp
I have a couple rigs, so my expense is the e-nail itself.
The D-nail is (consensus) the way to go, I just can't afford (or justify) dropping that kind of cake ($)
Oh well, OTG8:
I'm all eyes (and ears and lungs LOL)
Please let me know how it's coming along, as you have time.
TIA
Sk
;-)_~~

S

seebobsled

After trying 3 different units, I realized that D-nail is great. But I needed something cheaper. Because after getting a rig to go with it, You are talking about a serious chunk of change. So I went DIY, and it was fine. But had temp regulating issues, and no customer support of course... That's when my dea... um, friend, showed me his BestE-Nail. I ordered mine that night because it was on sale, and came with a free water pipe. I expected the pipe to be shit, but it's actually really nice. heavy, great recycler. I can't believe how cool it is, and how much stuff comes with it. Based in Texas, the customer service guys are great. I've had it a few weeks now, and finally put a video on youtube. My favorite feature is the sleep function. I have mine set to drop to 350 degrees after 20 min. of inactivity. Stays hot so it heats up quickly, but doesn't burn down the house if I pass out and knock that thing over or leave it on when I go to work, at which time my cat knocks it over for me.
I hate sounding so excited about something, but I guess the price for the quality just really impressed me.

Youtube link below...

Price point Best E nail for the win! Great unit. Great service and it works! 3 year warranty says a lot!

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Apologies...

I know it's been what? two months since I said that the 30-60 seconds heating with a torch was no biggie, but upon reflection I think I'd really like to check out an electric nail.

The price though is something I can't live with at this moment, so I'm definitely watching this thread to read impressions with what's available versus what's DIY.

I can most certainly handle a certain amount of DIY, but I really want the nail to get to the upper end of the temp spectrum. (690+)
Some of the less expensive units I've seen (mostly on eBay) don't seem to achieve a hot enough temperature. (by a couple hundred degrees F, or more)
As far as an enail goes...
I do like the idea of just walking back into my office to a nail that's at (or near) temp
I have a couple rigs, so my expense is the e-nail itself.
The D-nail is (consensus) the way to go, I just can't afford (or justify) dropping that kind of cake ($)
Oh well, OTG8:
I'm all eyes (and ears and lungs LOL)
Please let me know how it's coming along, as you have time.
TIA
Sk
;-)_~~
Well I can say once you get all the parts it's easy. I'm still waiting on the ac power supply. It cost $1.55 I ordered it on 12/5 its supposedly shipped but not scheduled to arrive till 1/2. Since I'm waiting I've decided to make a wood box instead of use the metal one I ordered. I'll post pics later of the box and then the whole unit when the last part arrives

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Here is my box naked as can be. 3/4" white oak. I had milled down from a fallen tree. I still have some filling to do but for the most part she's pretty tight. I also showed the joint I made for the corners. All done on a table saw. On pic 2 that's. Shadow not a gap. That too couldn't be any tighter. I back cut it on a 2degree bevel. Hey @caregiverken not bad for an ol rough carpenter aye.

Graywolf

Graywolf

We threw this together using an Oil Coil, and parts lying around, including this vintage KO version 1, domeless nail donated for testing several years ago. We did the mock up assembly just for research purposes, but figured out you can undock and pass the pipe, without dragging along a cord when using it, so have never followed through with anything else.

E Nail 1 1
E Nail 1 2
E Nail 1 3
ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Just a heads up... If your planning a diy Enail do not buy your power supply from the Amazon seller clever Edgar. Apparently they're using the pony express still The expected arrival date is jan 2 - 20th on a 1.55$ part that was ordered on dec 5. Only one shipping option was available. They offered me a refund this am but I declined and said I'd just spread he word so no one else sends them any money. I guess the post office takes every other day off cuz they said that's only 25 business days (as if that's acceptable)

I should note that I immediately emailed to cancel my order when I saw the date and received an email back saying "you can cancel but I'm dropping you order in the mail tomorrow" So I fell for it

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom