Inexpensive MPB DIY

• Thread starter Lost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fluffygrrrl

fluffygrrrl

I have 30 400w lights and was wondering if I could use 3 of them instead of 1 1000w around the plants in a vertical fashion. I also have 3 1000w lamps I could use as well. My room is 7 x 11.5 x 7. How many of these could I fit in my room?

JPLord01

JPLord01

I would run 6 tub in that room next to the wall 3 on both side of the wall. I'm runing 2 1000 hps in my setup. My room is 7ft tall 10 ft long and 7 ft wide. I was going to run 3 1000 but the heat was to high.

Apache69

Apache69

I would run 6 tub in that room next to the wall 3 on both side of the wall. I'm runing 2 1000 hps in my setup. My room is 7ft tall 10 ft long and 7 ft wide. I was going to run 3 1000 but the heat was to high.

This is the exact same size room I have and I can only have 3 plants due to the law.

600gph

600gph

What rh and lights are in your room. I never have that lumen shock problem. I even put a bubba in my room that I was told was highly sensitive. It had no problems. I use K silicate and kelp during this time.Something he did not do. I veg my girls under hid's. at 50 w/sq'. I think people veg their plant too close together and have them too humid. JK

Jalisco,

Why do you think most of us experience lumen shock...

I use k silicate and kelp products and veg under 62w/sq'..

Lumen shock is the reason I will only get 4 harvests instead of 5 for the calendar year..

mc

H

highstandards

anyone got any pics of a plant suffering from lumen shock?

A

antimatter

You guys must throw your plants in your flower room on 18/6 for veg, Ive never experienced it on 12/12 light schedule. Ive never vegged with full flower wattage on 18/6 just 12/12 with a cfl on 24/7 to keep em veggin and to keep my noisy exhaust fans off by 7 am, heat, save on electricity etc.

T

t7rln

I flipped 3 plants with 3K to 12/12 expecting lumen shock...none. Not even close. They seemed to eat the light up.

Veg. was with 1K hps. 2 weeks.

t7rln

B

bigtrees

LIGHTS.jpg
Hey lost. IM LOST... ..... Ive read in to the mpb buckets for weeks. came up with designs. mastered google 3d program in the works
the buckets are on 40" centers?

X plant O light
DOUBLEDS has 23 plants 20 1000 lights...

THEN HE SAYS HE HAS 22 1000S AND 8 600 ON THE 23S COUPLE PAGES ON.
SO DOES THIS LOOK RIGHT?

C

canaguy27

THEN HE SAYS HE HAS 22 1000S AND 8 600 ON THE 23S COUPLE PAGES ON.
SO DOES THIS LOOK RIGHT?

People tend to worry about copying dds to a T. All you need is side lighting, which you have, and rdwc setup. The above pic looks good.

B

bigtrees

Well i did want his visual of his from start. Ive grown eb n flow 8k wings my first got 17 then figured 12 600s better nope then 750's nope. my first mpb design was this.... but less then a foot between rows. so would be nice to see the way he had it then go from there. on 40 inch centers. xoxoxoxoxox dont really match his pictures but thanks guys not really looking for a looks good. cant private msg anyone.
garden127.jpg

B

bigtrees

not to sound rude i just want to build around optimal spec. make sense cana to you. until proven otherwise his system seems to be worth copying to the T. there are plenty inprovements i can see to his system. example a using subfloor. have better control of the elements. exhausting all lights in and out of the room, not needing tons of ac and tons of chillers

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

DDs quote:
"01-28-2009, 04:31 AM
Here is the 3rd grow in my new room. It is 23 g13 this time, my patients all agreed it was the best medical herb around!!

20 x 1000 watt hps
08 x 600 watt hps
2 x 3 ton split a/c unit's
igs -061 co2 monitor w bluox burner
23 site hi flow dwc recirculating hydroponic system"

And on that grow DDs got 44 lbs out of 23 plants, 1.9 lbs per plant average.

Its been widely reported that 40" spacing or 28" center of light to plant stem is very difficult to manage. You need a very special plant and experience with growing it to make it work.
:icon_spin:

B

bigtrees

When dialed in tho doable .....

see its like mis info back and forth......
widely reported.... everybody has there 2 cents
"Last weekend we harvested the 1st timers garden for the second time. This is only the second time he has ever grown medicine and he averaged 3.1 pounds per plant/ 11 plants. He did one helluva job. This is the g13 pheno from the 13 dawgz cross i created"
double has also stated 10 plants 42.3 with 15 like 10x1000 4-600 2 400 lights dont think

my picture shows 40" but yea thanks! ...... 1st grow getting my feet wet self trained got 17 off 8 lights but high numbers. 4 years back. but thanks for your help.

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

When dialed in tho doable

With G13, a short internode indica

see its like mis info back and forth......
widely reported....

I used the words widely reported because I have not grow it myself, but have drawn up many rooms and there has been allot of feedback that the plants have over grown the rooms.

everybody has there 2 cents
"Last weekend we harvested the 1st timers garden for the second time. This is only the second time he has ever grown medicine and he averaged 3.1 pounds per plant/ 11 plants. He did one helluva job. This is the g13 pheno from the 13 dawgz cross i created"
double has also stated 10 plants 42.3 with 15 like 10x1000 4-600 2 400 lights dont think

This quote is about DDs neighbor growing DDs seeds, so basically DDs grow. DDs is the only one that I know of that has done this.

my picture shows 40" but yea thanks! ...... 1st grow getting my feet wet self trained got 17 off 8 lights but high numbers. 4 years back. but thanks for your help.

What strain are you growing?
:icon_spin:

B

bigtrees

lightdiagram2.jpg

Think this layout would be ideal. Crazy when you can design stuff now to spec in 3d. obviously the room doesn't leave much room to work in but.. Id rather air cool and utilize space. without the cooling I dont see how it would work without tubes on 40" centers. I do read alot into the mpb. and with the space i could care for 10 alot easier then 200. I want a beast of a producer obviously. havent decided yet.

L

Lost

You have no room to walk around the plants. you need to be able to do this :)

C

Cannibis Cajun

LOST. how much space between light and plant for an Indica/sativa like Papaya. it tends to stay under 6 ft indoors and doubles in size at onset of 12/12. or would you suggest an indica dominant strain? Sativa?

L

Lost

try 45 ish... hard to say, I always build some adjustability into my layout so I can move it a little.. :)

Top Bottom