crossouttheiis

1. Ph up
2. Canna aqua flores A
3. Canna squad flores B
4. Cannazyme
5. Bud ignitor
6. Big bud
7. Overdrive

Hmm that's 7 inputs right there not including veg a and b or roots excelurator guess i can't grow all in one with a grobot. Im pretty sure the reason they sell it is to give accuracy and grow from veg to finish. That's what they advertise the product for. You can hook u solinoids to drain your reservoir and fill it, but what about a flushing or cleaning agent fir some. No matter how you look at it you are going to need more then one pump rack unless unless you want to manually add other chemicals... but if that's the case why did i spend three grand to do just part of the dosing for me... that would be a waste if money and not using the product to its full potential. That's just me though

C

crossouttheiis

Here is my update on the grobot. I ordered mine a little bit over three weeks ago. We we're told it would be over nighted so we could get it set up before we started flowering. They didn't send the extra pump rack or a power cord to power the grobot. We we're told to hold onto the unit until they sent out another one. About a week ago we got everything we needed supposedly. Well we got back to the room and took everything out and the main power cord was still missing. We then couldn't figure out what plugged into the second pump rack to get it operational. We called purgro and were told to splice the cord from the brain to hook up both pump racks. So we called the store we ordered through and they called purgro. They are making a wire for us now. Im not sure if we have to pay for this or not. Also there is no tubing or connectors to put the two pump racks together. I figured for shelling out an extra 1200 dollars it would inlude 7 dollars in fittings and the right cord to plug it in. Also for people that are in the market, to control your outputs you have to buy extra wireless relays at 70 dollars a piece. For my partner and i it has not been anywhere close to plug and play like advertised. Don't get me wrong this thing has a lot of potential and i know they are a new company. I just want to get it together to bring out its full potential

R

RMCG

I would just do your base nutes and ph control (up/down).

Unless you are truly going to automate the drain/fill part, you would add your additives then and just use the GroBot to ~maintain~ your system.

Also, the containers are only 32oz (~950ml), so unless you increase the size or add in a second pump rack for additional base nutes, you are not going to be able to be completely 'hands off' in that regard.

Interesting to hear of the issues you've had. Keep us updated.

U

UCtestn

I would also use diluted fluids in those 32oz containers until I felt comfortable with the bot

C

crossouttheiis

I would just do your base nutes and ph control (up/down).

Unless you are truly going to automate the drain/fill part, you would add your additives then and just use the GroBot to ~maintain~ your system.

Also, the containers are only 32oz (~950ml), so unless you increase the size or add in a second pump rack for additional base nutes, you are not going to be able to be completely 'hands off' in that regard.

Interesting to hear of the issues you've had. Keep us updated.

We are going to secure the lid with some sort of o ring and plumb a 5 liter bottle to each one. I just think its odd when people say keep it simple when no matter how you flip a coin you need more then 4 pump sites regardless of how you want to run things unless you want to manually add your additives, which i feel defeats the purpose of spending the money for this. When i buy something i want to use as many functions as possible. Im not going to buy a porsche and drive in the slow lane. Because it looks cool or you get baller points, fuck that. Even if i ran a sterile res.

1. Ph up
2. DM A
3. DM B
4. ZONE
5. PURE FLOWERS

They (as in all companies that make a dosing product) just make their products with the minimal so we have to buy add one. Capitalism at its finest

C

crossouttheiis

I would also use diluted fluids in those 32oz containers until I felt comfortable with the bot

The bot is supposed to take readings 40 times a minute and the pumps run at about 1.2 ml a minute. Other than the ph i don't see a reason to dilute anything

R

RMCG

Its actually 40x a second.

I hear ya, but I don't see a need to be able to autodose zone, etc.

If you are looking to automate 100% of your res mgmt, then expect to pay...

GrapeApe

GrapeApe

Don't use 8 inputs....less is def more.

Yeah, I was thinking just more for maintenance. Base and pH, to be able to control some when I'm traveling for work during the week. I'd more than happy to manually add additives. Just want to monitor the ph, temp and ppm while I'm gone and have ability to adjust remotely.

Good discussion though, thanks for all the input.

A

aRiv

these wireless relays are needed for anything you want the bot to turn ON and OFF? how reliable are these relays?

L

lucifus

did you get a cord with a two connectors on one end? Are all 8 pumps working?

I saw a system with 4 cylinders that was working perfectly, but im not sure how the other 4 connect.

U

U C Truth

Fuck the grobot I bought one as well and the additional cylinders and started to implement it and realized I have to buy a whole other grow bought for each UC site I want monitored, I spend close to 30gs doing that and for 30gs I can build another 12 light 24 bucket room fully built and bad ass!!! I sold mine to a friend that is a computer junky and has a small operation that he can implement what I got well for his setup, but for any type of real grow operation forget about it shit unemployment rate alone tells me I can get cheap labor anytime I need it....

A

aRiv

Truth, what was it lacking? i understand it can't run several res at once, but im looking into this system and im wondering if it can be setup some how to use 1 tank but feed 2 different rooms.. DTW...

for something like this to work for me i need it to be capable of at X time fill up a tank with X amount of water and mix X amount of nutes.. turn on pump A and feed complete tank.. then repeat the cycle again except instead of turning on pump A it turns on pump B...

anyone know if its doable?

C

crossouttheiis

Truth, what was it lacking? i understand it can't run several res at once, but im looking into this system and im wondering if it can be setup some how to use 1 tank but feed 2 different rooms.. DTW...

for something like this to work for me i need it to be capable of at X time fill up a tank with X amount of water and mix X amount of nutes.. turn on pump A and feed complete tank.. then repeat the cycle again except instead of turning on pump A it turns on pump B...

anyone know if its doable?

are the two different rooms going to be on the same feed schedule? then you would need to link the systems somehow so all the water circulates throughout both systems. if you want to wait a few months there is supposed to be something on the market that controls multiples res's as well

L

lucifus

yea I would wait to hear from others who bought the purgro system. The one I saw is having trouble with the TDS meter holding calibration. Pretty important if you dont want to burn the shit out of your plants.

GrapeApe

GrapeApe

Happy New Year

Happy New Year Farm

Just picked up my 18 site Evolution and was wondering if there had been any other feedback or experience with the Grobot. Think I'm going to hold off for the first round, but still tempted.

C

crossouttheiis

They sent us a specialized cable that plugs into the two nuts racks... calibration hasn't been a problem on ph probe though. Each relay is like 70 bucks...don't see any problems with those either.... just could get expensive if you want to control a lot of outputs.

R

RMCG

Why not just pH the back up tank and save 100$'s

Because nuting and pHing your top up tank can be sort of a black art.

Some days they guzzle water, other days they chow down on nutes.

Both of which will cause drift in one direction or the other.

Latest posts

Top Bottom