Interested In Growing!

• Thread starter FutureGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FutureGrower

If you wanna see real success hit the Google machine for grow journals by bluejay, Clackamas coot, agnesdawgz, seandogg, jerry, lumperdawgz, mountainorganics, mofo, microbeman, and others i can't think of atm.
The best cannabis Competition in the world is The Emerald cup and they only allow organic and not that bullshit bottle that says organic on it. FFOF is shit I don't care if they grew a purple Twinkie out of it... it doesn't make it good!

Take a second to think about it... what do you want your inputs to be? Do you buy fresh pressed Apple juice or Apple juice from concentrate with High fructose corn syrup?

I'm not smoking your herb so it doesn't really matter to me but i dislike the way companies take advantage of people!

Do you remember this is great medicine and why it was touted as great medicine is because it was natural And obviously its healing properties but how could you get away from synthetic medicine by growing the new natural medicine with synthetic...
Well shit they got you again

Hmm ok, this post kinda threw me off a bit, reading almost unanimously said that nutes won’t effect the smoke of your bud as long as you flush it out. I have heard and read a bunch of stuff saying organic or nothing but tbh most of those people also didn’t have great looking grows, lights that were so close the leafs were curling etc...

Also reading up organic nutes take a significantly longer period to absorb into the plant, making feeding more tricky, and flushes take longer.

I 100% need to read more though. And really thinking about it I do believe you’re correct, why else would soil be better than bottled nutes otherwise. I’m gonna check all those peoples grows you mentioned, I’d rather take my time and do the best first grow I can achieve with my equipment rather than learning on my 2nd or 3rd grow.

Man, thank you/everyone for the amazing replies, you’re making my life difficult in the best possible ways!

F

FutureGrower

Rocks on bottom or no rocks on bottom... no difference, bluejay aka mofo aka mountain organics and a couple other aka tested this. If you wanna learn REAL shit follow them if not well I heard high times is magical.
Perlite is another thing to skip... use pumice or lava rock they give trace minerals rice hulls are good to

Ty again! I already have bags of perlite but I can always use them for something else

brazel

brazel

Hmm ok, this post kinda threw me off a bit, reading almost unanimously said that nutes won’t effect the smoke of your bud as long as you flush it out. I have heard and read a bunch of stuff saying organic or nothing but tbh most of those people also didn’t have great looking grows, lights that were so close the leafs were curling etc...

Also reading up organic nutes take a significantly longer period to absorb into the plant, making feeding more tricky, and flushes take longer.

I 100% need to read more though. And really thinking about it I do believe you’re correct, why else would soil be better than bottled nutes otherwise. I’m gonna check all those peoples grows you mentioned, I’d rather take my time and do the best first grow I can achieve with my equipment rather than learning on my 2nd or 3rd grow.

Man, thank you/everyone for the amazing replies, you’re making my life difficult in the best possible ways!
There's a lot of shitty organic growers so it's best to not go by those people and stick to true heads!
Organic nutes? Are you talking about the organic bottled nutes produced by the same companies that make bottled nutes? If it's a bottle that says organic feed it's not organic it's pathetic it's a scheme you wanna go for amendments.
Some organic growers that use admendments use the wrong ones and they are not readily available.
Here's a screen shot of coot soil mix
Screenshot 20171124 125031

Screenshot 20171124 125022
brazel

brazel

Let's say hypothetically Nute's didn't affect the smoke ... it's still grown with them.
You gotta decide is this want I want my medicine to be grown with.

If you're cool with buying commerciall bottles of nutes to grow... Then do it! I only give you this info so you at least know.

I've grown just about every way except for main lining. I didn't start in this organic field but through my years of growing in different methods when i got here I stopped and i only stopped cause I've never seen anything or tasted anything better

Rcubed

Rcubed

I you don’t mind me asking, what is a hot outside temp? I run my ac 24/7 with very little exceptions, and I set it for right around 72-73 degrees throughout summer and 68-72 in winter.
You'll be good with those temps. I like to keep the temps between 70 and 80 but they say ideal is between 72 and 78

F

FutureGrower

There's a lot of shitty organic growers so it's best to not go by those people and stick to true heads!
Organic nutes? Are you talking about the organic bottled nutes produced by the same companies that make bottled nutes? If it's a bottle that says organic feed it's not organic it's pathetic it's a scheme you wanna go for amendments.
Some organic growers that use admendments use the wrong ones and they are not readily available.
View attachment 760430

I’m not sure on the specific brands, but they were little pop up bottles that you squeeze out, kinda like the mineral bottles you see in health stores to squeeze into your drinking water. I’m kinda struggling to understand some that screen shot but I’m gonna do more in depth reading about natural organic vs non organic feeds.

F

FutureGrower

Let's say hypothetically Nute's didn't affect the smoke ... it's still grown with them.
You gotta decide is this want I want my medicine to be grown with.

If you're cool with buying commerciall bottles of nutes to grow... Then do it! I only give you this info so you at least know.

I've grown just about every way except for main lining. I didn't start in this organic field but through my years of growing in different methods when i got here I stopped and i only stopped cause I've never seen anything or tasted anything better

Honestly I guess I just haven’t given organic stuff much of a thought, early on I just seen a lot of growers with plants that looked unhealthy going the organic route so I definitely need to read some more.

I went down to my dispensary about an hour ago and picked up some organic bud(I do not even know the qualifications for being organic but I’m hoping it’s with the real organic stuff) so I can pay attention to the smoke difference.

But you’re right, when I go shopping I pickup the Free range chicken without hormones or antibiotics

Also thank you for giving the info man, I would’ve bought some random nutes and never put real thought toward organic

I do have questions, but I’m not even sure what to ask so I need to read a lot more

brazel

brazel

I’m not sure on the specific brands, but they were little pop up bottles that you squeeze out, kinda like the mineral bottles you see in health stores to squeeze into your drinking water. I’m kinda struggling to understand some that screen shot but I’m gonna do more in depth reading about natural organic vs non organic feeds.
No worries, that screen shot is from coot. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I can't think of any pop up bottles, maybe they're were samples? I know a lot of companies give away samples in small little different kinds of packets.

To the above recipe add 6 cups bio char charged, 1 cup MBP Malted barley powder, 1/2 cup gypsum. For more info goggle no-till gardening mofo
Cheers

brazel

brazel

Honestly I guess I just haven’t given organic stuff much of a thought, early on I just seen a lot of growers with plants that looked unhealthy going the organic route so I definitely need to read some more.

I went down to my dispensary about an hour ago and picked up some organic bud(I do not even know the qualifications for being organic but I’m hoping it’s with the real organic stuff) so I can pay attention to the smoke difference.

But you’re right, when I go shopping I pickup the Free range chicken without hormones or antibiotics

Also thank you for giving the info man, I would’ve bought some random nutes and never put real thought toward organic

I do have questions, but I’m not even sure what to ask so I need to read a lot more
Unfortunately it's very rare that the organic Herb at a dispensary is no-till living organic soil grown if it is then they'll be broadcasting it.
Check out mountain organics and Clackamas coot on Instagram to see true organic grows. Be wary of a lot of organic grows. There's companies that sell shit organic and regular amendments.
Coot and bluejay test lots of these companies and they'll post the ones to buy from.
You reuse the soil for years! Bluejay has one going that's on it's 21st grow!

Cheers bro I'm stoked you're interested and researching!

Rcubed

Rcubed

View attachment 760430
Thanks for posting that recipe. I use perlite but I can see the benefits of lava rock. That compost looks interesting. The site lists its main materials as-
(Contains: Dairy cow manure, straw, vineyard wood chips, and biodynamic concentrations of yarrow, chamomile, valerian, stinging nettle, dandelion, and oak bark.)
Sounds like it comes straight from a dairy farm as these are many of the elements you'll find on or around the dairy ranch. I make my compost from the stuff around the horse stables which are similar to those found on the dairy ranch. Horse manure gets mixed with the straw and weeds and pine shavings in the area along with chicken manure from all the chickens running around. Then it bakes for a couple of years. I mix that with perlite and some coco instead of peat. I guess I got sold on the fact coco is renewable and peat moss isn't, but I can definitely see the advantages of peat.

brazel

brazel

Here's some good reads if You wanna know what really going on in plants. I am not saying you don't know this I'm not sure if you do or don't either way I'm posting
The top 5 are amazing in the first pic. The 2nd picture is books that I've read that are basic DJ shore and Soma are the better ones
20171126 210517
20171126 210843

brazel

brazel

Thanks for posting that recipe. I use perlite but I can see the benefits of lava rock. That compost looks interesting. The site lists its main materials as-
(Contains: Dairy cow manure, straw, vineyard wood chips, and biodynamic concentrations of yarrow, chamomile, valerian, stinging nettle, dandelion, and oak bark.)
Sounds like it comes straight from a dairy farm as these are many of the elements you'll find on or around the dairy ranch. I make my compost from the stuff around the horse stables which are similar to those found on the dairy ranch. Horse manure gets mixed with the straw and weeds and pine shavings in the area along with chicken manure from all the chickens running around. Then it bakes for a couple of years. I mix that with perlite and some coco instead of peat. I guess I got sold on the fact coco is renewable and peat moss isn't, but I can definitely see the advantages of peat.
Rad, good to add some biodynamic accumulators. Comfrey, stinging nettles, yarrow... etc

It's so refreshing when people are open minded and willing to do something different. I'm surprised by how many people refuse to

F

FutureGrower

No worries, that screen shot is from coot. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I can't think of any pop up bottles, maybe they're were samples? I know a lot of companies give away samples in small little different kinds of packets.

To the above recipe add 6 cups bio char charged, 1 cup MBP Malted barley powder, 1/2 cup gypsum. For more info goggle no-till gardening mofo
Cheers

For the life of me I can’t find the original videos and pictures I seen, but they were the same shape as this fox farm bottle. The difference is instead of twisting the cap off there was a little spout you pull up on, it’s a fairly common style but now that I’m looking for one I can’t find one lol

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VKPQEP...t=&hvlocphy=9033176&hvtargid=pla-313266552386

I did find the no til mofo thread, going to be going reading through it (not all 500 pages though haha, maybe over time)

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction again

F

FutureGrower

Unfortunately it's very rare that the organic Herb at a dispensary is no-till living organic soil grown if it is then they'll be broadcasting it.
Check out mountain organics and Clackamas coot on Instagram to see true organic grows. Be wary of a lot of organic grows. There's companies that sell shit organic and regular amendments.
Coot and bluejay test lots of these companies and they'll post the ones to buy from.
You reuse the soil for years! Bluejay has one going that's on it's 21st grow!

Cheers bro I'm stoked you're interested and researching!

Wow actually seems like the soil would be cost efficient over time even! I’m honestly loving reading all this stuff.

brazel

brazel

For the life of me I can’t find the original videos and pictures I seen, but they were the same shape as this fox farm bottle. The difference is instead of twisting the cap off there was a little spout you pull up on, it’s a fairly common style but now that I’m looking for one I can’t find one lol

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VKPQEP...t=&hvlocphy=9033176&hvtargid=pla-313266552386

I did find the no til mofo thread, going to be going reading through it (not all 500 pages though haha, maybe over time)

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction again
Ha that's life huh.. what was in the bottle?
And no worries bro
You'll get sucked in and end up reading it all and going back!
Cheers

F

FutureGrower

Here's some good reads if You wanna know what really going on in plants. I am not saying you don't know this I'm not sure if you do or don't either way I'm posting
The top 5 are amazing in the first pic. The 2nd picture is books that I've read that are basic DJ shore and Soma are the better ones
View attachment 760513 View attachment 760514

Honestly I know nothing about how plants grow/live/exist I have a few succulents sitting in my window that I water every once in awhile, so I’m definitely gonna pickup atleast a couple of those books, hoping I can find them online but if not I’ll order em.

This is probably where I should have started but better late than never lol

brazel

brazel

Wow actually seems like the soil would be cost efficient over time even! I’m honestly loving reading all this stuff.
Definitely, no PHing, no flushing, I rarely have any problems… they pretty much ride on auto pilot

Top Bottom