Interested In Growing!

• Thread starter FutureGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FutureGrower

Ha that's life huh.. what was in the bottle?
And no worries bro
You'll get sucked in and end up reading it all and going back!
Cheers

I’m not sure but I do have a feeling you’re correct about them, probably just picking up something that said organic on the label most likely

Rcubed

Rcubed

Here's some good reads if You wanna know what really going on in plants. I am not saying you don't know this I'm not sure if you do or don't either way I'm posting
The top 5 are amazing in the first pic. The 2nd picture is books that I've read that are basic DJ shore and Soma are the better ones
View attachment 760513 View attachment 760514
I don't know nearly as much as I'd like to. My mom was a big influence on me. Her family came to Turlock (central CA)via the Azore islands and were dairy ranchers. They were organic growers because 4 generations ago that's all there was. They grew all their own feed and that carried over to growing all their fruits and vegetables. I'd like to learn more of the science of it so I'll start chipping away at some of those books. I appreciate your passion toward organic growing and thank you for your input.

brazel

brazel

I don't know nearly as much as I'd like to. My mom was a big influence on me. Her family came to Turlock (central CA)via the Azore islands and were dairy ranchers. They were organic growers because 4 generations ago that's all there was. They grew all their own feed and that carried over to growing all their fruits and vegetables. I'd like to learn more of the science of it so I'll start chipping away at some of those books. I appreciate your passion toward organic growing and thank you for your input.
That's awesome! To bad it's not still like that! back when you were self reliant.
Thank you and I have to give credit to coot, bluejay, microbeman and gascanastan and others

Organikz

Organikz

Hmm ok, this post kinda threw me off a bit, reading almost unanimously said that nutes won’t effect the smoke of your bud as long as you flush it out. I have heard and read a bunch of stuff saying organic or nothing but tbh most of those people also didn’t have great looking grows, lights that were so close the leafs were curling etc...

Also reading up organic nutes take a significantly longer period to absorb into the plant, making feeding more tricky, and flushes take longer.

I 100% need to read more though. And really thinking about it I do believe you’re correct, why else would soil be better than bottled nutes otherwise. I’m gonna check all those peoples grows you mentioned, I’d rather take my time and do the best first grow I can achieve with my equipment rather than learning on my 2nd or 3rd grow.

Man, thank you/everyone for the amazing replies, you’re making my life difficult in the best possible ways!

Don't panic...its organic...no till nation

Phototropism

Last edited:
F

FutureGrower

Alright, with the little sleep I got last night my thoughts are kinda rambling together so I’m sorry if this post isn’t the most coherent lmao

With the no til setup I’d basically need

Cspn, lava rock, compost equal parts

Then I need to add these to the soil mix:
Neem
Kelp
Barley powder
Bio char
Basalt
Crab meal

Handful of worms per 2x2 flowerbed

Plant seed

Then just do the watering schedule per amount of time that I’ve had the soil, and that watering schedule is basically all the nutes they need between that and the worms/living stuff in the soil?

Also, reading it sounds like it works well for pretty much everything, but does it work with a auto flower? If not I can order non autos but that’d suck to throw 70$ away lol

Organikz

Organikz

@FutureGrower
I am going to point out a few things....
*Biochar is optional as well as as basalt.
*Worms are optional to start. They bring more benefit after your first 2 cycles.
*calcite lime or oyster shell flour in place of crabmeal

Organikz

Organikz

Word for word this is how I mix my soil.

2.5 gallons red lava rock
2.5 gallons compost
2.5 gallons peat moss
1 gallon pine bark fines all natural mulch

.5 cup kelp meal
.5 cup neem cake
.5 cup MBP
.5 cup dolomite
.5 cup gypsum

I mix all that and top it with a 1.5" layer of EWC/compost. Mulch. You can plant right in this. You need at minimum a 15g pot.

F

FutureGrower

@Organikz I’m assuming I could just do 5g pots and divide by 3 right? 15g pots sound like it would grow a small tree I couldn’t keep that anywhere but my back yard lol

On a slightly different topic, i keep wondering how often do worms escape?

Organikz

Organikz

@Organikz I’m assuming I could just do 5g pots and divide by 3 right? 15g pots sound like it would grow a small tree I couldn’t keep that anywhere but my back yard lol

On a slightly different topic, i keep wondering how often do worms escape?
Worms don't come out of the dirt unless something isn't right. I've cooked them before by adding too much alfalfa and letting it mix. That's the only time I've seen them out of the dirt.

If you do 5g here's what will happen...youre going to have an unhappy cramped plant. In no till the plants grow completely different. Total biomass versus lateral growth.

M

MANUTD21

hello guys does any one know how i start a post where every one can see it i need to ask a question and get some advice on a topic

F

FutureGrower

Worms don't come out of the dirt unless something isn't right. I've cooked them before by adding too much alfalfa and letting it mix. That's the only time I've seen them out of the dirt.

If you do 5g here's what will happen...youre going to have an unhappy cramped plant. In no till the plants grow completely different. Total biomass versus lateral growth.

Thank you man. I’m reading about somebody who was growing a 15 gallon pot in a 3x3 so I guess it not a problem lol

I’m sorry for the dumb questions today, I function terribly on little sleep lol

Organikz

Organikz

Here's the deal. Bluejay said it and I see it myself. He could put 1 plant in a 25g or 2 but he would yield the same amount. Growth happens at hydro rates.

F

FutureGrower

To be honest I’ve been crazy busy but I have finally made a few choices, and everything down. I NEED to read more but at this point I’m ready to just jump in and learn to grow while reading. So far I have:

I’m ordering a 3x3x6 tent:

The lighting setup will be this 315 watt open lec
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071JHPK43/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A25ZV2L4HCTAZ6

I’ll probably build my own scrog setup with pvc pipe and screws

But I need a little bit of help, I do not know what would be a good sized single pot for a 3x3 no til setup. If anyone can post som pictures of their 3x3 no til, or recommend a good sized pot to purchase (over 15g)

I also decided to clean my third bedroom out instead of my dining room.

F

FutureGrower

Btw, thank everyone on here you guys genuinely rock. I came in here like a lost puppy, and now I have a direction. Can’t say thank you guys enough!

Top Bottom