Introducing Scynce LED Grow Lights

• Thread starter ScynceLED
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bobrown14

Bobrown14

Thats the turbo right?? That looks good. I can see the red spectrum. Me likey!

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
@ScynceLED
Thanks for the hook up man! Met with your Portland rep today very cool cat! Ya dig:)
Bought the Dragon SL can’t wait to get it fired up and rolling!
He walked me through all the procedures to dial it in with my Bluetooth pretty crazy man. I like the fact you can get a battery back up if there’s a power outage.
Kudos man these guys are the real deal.
Thanks again bro I’ll be starting a grow diary this fall and winter.
Thanks for the 10% off to!!

Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey

Premium Member
Supporter
2DC06D79 EE0F 4524 8C7A 6702FA1657E8
27BFA3A3 81A5 42B6 957C 48CCB1CFC24F
E734B8A9 A5B5 4D52 B279 780194833C9F
236AA333 BC85 4F07 B7EA D677806A1679
EDF1045E 50AA 44AC BA8B 56E9E67D8571
5DD80A43 F455 4FE5 868B 94307EC9280A

@1diesel1 everything I’ve seen, let’s me think the company really wants to do it right. These are a couple days from harvest and I’m a satisfied customer. Hope u will be too. Let’s trade recipes like the grannies do
🤣

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
View attachment 891587View attachment 891588View attachment 891589View attachment 891590View attachment 891591View attachment 891592

@1diesel1 everything I’ve seen, let’s me think the company really wants to do it right. These are a couple days from harvest and I’m a satisfied customer. Hope u will be too. Let’s trade recipes like the grannies do
🤣
Definitely bro, I’m in the process of building a 14x18 grow shop I’m going to put a 5x5 room in specifically for the dragon, I’ll call it the dragon room:)

ScynceLED

ScynceLED

Scynce.Head
Supporter
After a couple of years of requests for a deeper dive on spectrum tuning, suggested recipes that you can download and load into our app, Theia, and the Spectralyzer that let's you visually see how a recipe will shift the spectrum, check out.....

Scynceled.com/spectrum-tuning/

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

After a couple of years of requests for a deeper dive on spectrum tuning, suggested recipes that you can download and load into our app, Theia, and the Spectralyzer that let's you visually see how a recipe will shift the spectrum, check out.....

Scynceled.com/spectrum-tuning/
Been having some discussions on LED and UV content. While LED can create UVA the UVB is not achievable and with more data coming along on the importance of both UVA and UVB in combination for trich production and increased thca concentration im wondering if you have had thoughts on this? While i understand the lighting side of things in terms of diodes i'm not well versed in the electrical side of things. Far red has also shown to be important but is easily achievable with LED diodes.

So i guess my question is have you considered any option of how to add UVA and UVB to your fixtures?

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

Been having some discussions on LED and UV content. While LED can create UVA the UVB is not achievable and with more data coming along on the importance of both UVA and UVB in combination for trich production and increased thca concentration im wondering if you have had thoughts on this? While i understand the lighting side of things in terms of diodes i'm not well versed in the electrical side of things. Far red has also shown to be important but is easily achievable with LED diodes.

So i guess my question is have you considered any option of how to add UVA and UVB to your fixtures?
i been using UVA strips that i bought from HLG . use the last 3 weeks of flower for about 3 or 4 hrs a day. increases trich production as a defense against uva.

ScynceLED

ScynceLED

Scynce.Head
Supporter

LED's are easily manufactured for UV-A /B/C and there is really nothing different electrically from the white LEDs (unless you get into forward voltage). The hard part comes with the human factor side of things. It's not safe to have high concentrations of anything but UV-A in locations where people might be around. There is research that shows UVA and UVB do play a role in increased trichome production along with THCa usually triggered by a stress reaction in the plant. This, however, only occurs if these stressors are applied at the right time to a dialed in light/room environment. Most commercial growers won't be able to detect this slight change, especially if you aren't testing your product at a very fine degree (that most labs can't achieve). With the risks of UVB damage to humans in rooms or tents it would point us to a stand alone light for UVB additions. UV is also very hard on all materials, finishes, plastics, etc. so it must be used in a very conscientious fashion within your grow.

To finally answer your question, we recommend UV-B supplementation as opposed to having it built-in. There are plenty of inexpensive options and I am going to tag @scyncegrown as he has implemented UV strategies for both tent and room applications.

Bobrown14

Bobrown14

UV light is also being used in grape farming as an alternative to fungicides for treatment of PM/molds.

Cornell has been using it this way as a stand alone treatment in the fields at night.

Turns out PM has the ability to self heal from heavy exposure to UV light from the SUN. So all that is needed to combat PM/molds is a short 15 or less seconds of UV light at night (lights out).

So a little bonus there.

I've been treating this grow with it as I had a bad outbreak of PM of a few plants and wanted to see if it actually works for cannabis. Its been a crop saver.

If my weed gets any stronger I'll have to sit down and puff. lol

20191017 193452 2

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

LED's are easily manufactured for UV-A /B/C and there is really nothing different electrically from the white LEDs (unless you get into forward voltage). The hard part comes with the human factor side of things. It's not safe to have high concentrations of anything but UV-A in locations where people might be around. There is research that shows UVA and UVB do play a role in increased trichome production along with THCa usually triggered by a stress reaction in the plant. This, however, only occurs if these stressors are applied at the right time to a dialed in light/room environment. Most commercial growers won't be able to detect this slight change, especially if you aren't testing your product at a very fine degree (that most labs can't achieve). With the risks of UVB damage to humans in rooms or tents it would point us to a stand alone light for UVB additions. UV is also very hard on all materials, finishes, plastics, etc. so it must be used in a very conscientious fashion within your grow.

To finally answer your question, we recommend UV-B supplementation as opposed to having it built-in. There are plenty of inexpensive options and I am going to tag @scyncegrown as he has implemented UV strategies for both tent and room applications.
Good answer 👍 although from this video and the little research I have been looking at UVB from an led source is negligible. Now you are far more advanced in terms of knowledge in this field and was wondering if you would mind explaining where I'm going wrong on this.

ScynceLED

ScynceLED

Scynce.Head
Supporter
Good answer 👍 although from this video and the little research I have been looking at UVB from an led source is negligible. Now you are far more advanced in terms of knowledge in this field and was wondering if you would mind explaining where I'm going wrong on this.

There is virtually no UV-B from a white LED, this is true. But they make UV only LEDs, such as:
1.)
2.) https://www.waveformlighting.com/re...6b7SjYzOuilv-FKgkbC66j2SSA9wxeGYaAkMREALw_wcB
3.) https://www.lumileds.com/products/uv-leds
...unless I am missing where your head is at and what you are thinking about?

ScynceLED

ScynceLED

Scynce.Head
Supporter
UV light is also being used in grape farming as an alternative to fungicides for treatment of PM/molds.

Cornell has been using it this way as a stand alone treatment in the fields at night.

Turns out PM has the ability to self heal from heavy exposure to UV light from the SUN. So all that is needed to combat PM/molds is a short 15 or less seconds of UV light at night (lights out).

So a little bonus there.

I've been treating this grow with it as I had a bad outbreak of PM of a few plants and wanted to see if it actually works for cannabis. Its been a crop saver.

If my weed gets any stronger I'll have to sit down and puff. lol

View attachment 912006
That is the perfect application and time frame. Nice job finding out about the nighttime trick and thanks for sharing it!

Bobrown14

Bobrown14

Thanks yeah every once in a while PM lifts its ugly head around these parts. It's outside all around us spring and fall and summer the dew point is a thing. Figured there had to be other farmers having issue with it.

Turns out that Cannabis "could" have a special form of PM that is systemic. I'm starting to believe that this may be true.

I did however while treating a plant with a UV-B lamp forgot to turn it off one night and let it run for about 3 hours over a plant. It's only a 15w lamp burned the shit out of the plant I had it on. We only need about 15 seconds of exposure to kill pathogens. So a few hours wasn't very productive. Crispy is about what it is now.

So farmer beware of what you wish for. It did get rid of the PM tho.

pr3tti

pr3tti

There is virtually no UV-B from a white LED, this is true. But they make UV only LEDs, such as:
1.)
2.) https://www.waveformlighting.com/re...6b7SjYzOuilv-FKgkbC66j2SSA9wxeGYaAkMREALw_wcB
3.) https://www.lumileds.com/products/uv-leds
...unless I am missing where your head is at and what you are thinking about?

As you can see on Migro's video, all UV LEDs are UV-A light which is not what we need for increasing THC. We need UV-B light in the 280nm-315nm. All the links you posted are UV-A LEDs in the 365nm-395nm range, which will only give you a sun tan and do nothing for the resin and THC production. Currently, there are no such things as UV-B LEDs, not yet.

The science behind this is NOT a mystery unlike what most people think. The science is actually rock solid in regards to the mechanism of UV-B light increasing THC. The science is this -- It is known that UV-B stimulates Phenylalanine and Malonyl-CoA production in cannabis. Malonyl-CoA is the main component for producing Olivtol which is the organic compound responsible for THC production in cannabis.

Currently the best options are using UV-B reptile lights or AgroMax T5 True UV-B for late flowering light supplementation.

Last edited:
Rebis

Rebis

@ScynceLED
Thanks for the hook up man! Met with your Portland rep today very cool cat! Ya dig:)
He walked me through all the procedures to dial it in with my Bluetooth pretty crazy man. I like the fact you can get a battery back up if there’s a power outage.
@ScynceLED

Did you start a grow diary for the Dragon light?

Latest posts

Top Bottom