Introducing super coco

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGONLY

OGONLY

What's up man. Nice to see the new enthusiastic kid on here excited about coco.

I've been in coco a few years now and still loving it. Interesting idea, the super coco. Not something I will ever try, but interesting to see what your results will be like.

I've got a tried and true recipe for coco that has served me well for some time. I have been tweaking it lately in an attempt to eliminate some costly additives, but not sure it is worth completely eliminating certain additives just for the sake of experiment. I've always said, if it ain't broke why fix it. Well it definitely ain't broke.

I recently learned of a website called kelpforless.com They sell some very good products on there. With some experimentation, I'm sure we could figure out how to use the products on their site to provide nutes from stat to finish exclusively. This, for a small fraction of what it costs using the watered down stuff we buy at the hydro store.

So far I've tried their Fulvic acid powder. The stuff rocks. Smells like shit, but it is the shit lol. My experience has been that it greatly increases nutrient absorption and just generally makes my veging girls look happier than ever. Using it in flower also. Don't really notice any difference there yet but they look as happy and chunky as ever so not hurting. Interested to see how it will effect taste if at all.

Also interested in their enzyme powder. I've been using Hygrozyme for a while and would love to eliminate that $100 bottle. That is one product that I'm skeptical as to its value in my regime.

By the way, I used to swear by drip clean also. That was until I did a run without it because I ran out and forgot to buy more. No difference was noticed without it. Haven't used it in almost 2 years. Stuff is a joke. Always seemed like water to me anyway. May as well be as far as I'm concerned. Shit like that isn't needed unless you don't water to runoff every watering..

Tnelz

Tnelz

What's up man. Nice to see the new enthusiastic kid on here excited about coco.

I've been in coco a few years now and still loving it. Interesting idea, the super coco. Not something I will ever try, but interesting to see what your results will be like.

I've got a tried and true recipe for coco that has served me well for some time. I have been tweaking it lately in an attempt to eliminate some costly additives, but not sure it is worth completely eliminating certain additives just for the sake of experiment. I've always said, if it ain't broke why fix it. Well it definitely ain't broke.

I recently learned of a website called kelpforless.com They sell some very good products on there. With some experimentation, I'm sure we could figure out how to use the products on their site to provide nutes from stat to finish exclusively. This, for a small fraction of what it costs using the watered down stuff we buy at the hydro store.

So far I've tried their Fulvic acid powder. The stuff rocks. Smells like shit, but it is the shit lol. My experience has been that it greatly increases nutrient absorption and just generally makes my veging girls look happier than ever. Using it in flower also. Don't really notice any difference there yet but they look as happy and chunky as ever so not hurting. Interested to see how it will effect taste if at all.

Also interested in their enzyme powder. I've been using Hygrozyme for a while and would love to eliminate that $100 bottle. That is one product that I'm skeptical as to its value in my regime.

By the way, I used to swear by drip clean also. That was until I did a run without it because I ran out and forgot to buy more. No difference was noticed without it. Haven't used it in almost 2 years. Stuff is a joke. Always seemed like water to me anyway. May as well be as far as I'm concerned. Shit like that isn't needed unless you don't water to runoff every watering..
What's up og! I am familiar with kelp for less. So this stuff was an experiment and to be honest I feel like it won't hold up through an entire bloom cycle. Should it not I will feed with either nectar for the gods or advanced nutrients mother earth tea and some weekly aact teas. Anyway I'd love to know your recipie. Not sure how much of this thread u have read but this stuff is great for cloning and also going to amend my regular coco perlite mix with it and c how that goes. I was actually just given a free bottle of drip clean and was going to start using it on a plant that's four weeks into flower. I do water to runoff but I'd like to be safe. Would u say that's a bad idea? I realize the bottle says u should use from the beginning but I just flushed said plant and would like to keep her clean. Let me know brother. Please feel free to pm me if u have any interest in talking coco ur recipie or anything else for that matter. Have a great day brother and thank u for the wisdom.

growchick421

growchick421

So I'm in total agreement. Spoke to the dude who makes it and it actually says on the bag they recommend a 7 gallon. I get it however should be able to maintain a clone in any size pot imo to be worth it. In any case I will be transplanting to a 3 gallon soon in hopes it will work a little better. Thanks for the feedback Tim!
I would still recommend trans-ing up because the rootsr going to eat up the pre mixed nutes just as quickly/ a little longer, than placing in a giant pot to begin with. How ever I have never tried that big of a pot to begin with. Maybe it's something to be experimented with, though from reading on u said it will just be added.
I have found that nothing holds nutes like soil, and even that needs a boost every once in a while. So, depending on what ur plants say, I would suggest adding nutes, even real low, every feeding until flush.
Just my little bit of experience from the little I have grown :)
Looking good. Happy growing :D

Tnelz

Tnelz

Bro I have a purple princess clone growing in a 2 gallon pot. And 1 in a 1 gallon they both are potted with super coco. But the 2 gallon girl is beast and the one gallon is doing ok. I recommend using a bigger pot so ur girl gets as much nutrients as possible. I theorized with a buddy who also thinks that the bigger the pot the more nutrients the plant can take in I'm going to experiment with a 5 gallon bucket in hopes I get monster. But ur girl is looking nice bruh
Hey Tim! So I put her in a bigger pot a few days ago and started bloom. There is no question the bigger pot is the way to go. Seems to be doing very well. Keep me posted on ur girls!

Tnelz

Tnelz

What's up yall! Here is my bubble bomb in Super Coco. About 1.5 weeks into flower. Stretch is over and buds are beginning to form. Healthy as hell. Earlier I wasn't sure and I have a ways to go but I'm a believer. She is given water once a week a tea and every once in a while she will get some nectar for the gods. Can't wait to see what the yield is. Everything I've ever grown from bomb seeds has been a great yielder. More posts to follow in the coming weeks.
20140303 121311

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

What's up yall! Here is my bubble bomb in Super Coco. About 1.5 weeks into flower. Stretch is over and buds are beginning to form. Healthy as hell. Earlier I wasn't sure and I have a ways to go but I'm a believer. She is given water once a week a tea and every once in a while she will get some nectar for the gods. Can't wait to see what the yield is. Everything I've ever grown from bomb seeds has been a great yielder. More posts to follow in the coming weeks. View attachment 384413

Looking Good and lush brother. Righteous! !

growchick421

growchick421

Good to hear, and good luck with the iron. How r ur other ladies doing?? When u get a chance it would be wonderful to see everything :D

Tnelz

Tnelz

Love it. Truly the easiest grow ever. No ph checking no feeding no nothing except microbial tea. And that's only because I want to. Great stuff. If u want something that allows u to just add water and u still get way better than average results grab some.

Tnelz

Tnelz

As u can see she is doing really really well.
20140326 163401
This is just super coco and water.
20140326 163341
Unphd. Along with once a week microbial teas. I'd say it's fuckin awesome. Grown bigger and frostier but not just adding water and bennies and without phing. Today I added 5mls of crystal burst and 15mls Mother earth tea. I'll finish that gallon tomorrow and that's it. Back to water and tea. I'm a believer in this product for sure. If I used a bigger pot or even added another couple of inches of supercoco it would probably be even better. In any case enjoy. If u blow the pic up a bit u will see that she is indeed pretty frosty. Thanks for looking. Lol! Hope everyone is doing well in all their endeavors.

Tnelz

Tnelz

OK so final thoughts. I'll get some pics up after chop. I'm super happy with super coco. I have over a qp off the plant and it smells amazing. Bubble gum and pine needles. Not quite as frosty as I'd like but I can fix that on the next grow. Super super dense nugs and beautiful color. Nothing to be skeptical about. Buy the stuff if ur interested in the easiest grow ever. Thanks for tuning in and I'll get some pics up after I trim.

growchick421

growchick421

She is very frosty. I could see it before I zoomed in... amazing!!! She is extremely happy. Can't wait to see the finished product, how she taste, ash quality, etc. :D

Tnelz

Tnelz

nice journal Tnelz. I like that you followed it through to the end. Great job!
Thanks for the luv cap! Nice to see a mod checking in on one of my threads. For the record your root pack played a roll in the microbe teas I fed this particular girl. And many since as well. Great product bro. Soon as she's dried and cured I'll put this one to bed!

Tmb

Top Bottom