Introducing The Sun Cloak Vertical

• Thread starter TomTrichrome
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dazed

Dazed

That's about triple what i thought they would cost. Insane. Big deal if it uses less watts your paying out the ass up front. Just isn't practical in anyway.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

I think they must have given the lights to this guy so he would post threads on forums about how great they are or he works for or owns the company because he has the exact same thread on at least one other grow forum.

TomTrichrome

TomTrichrome

I think they must have given the lights to this guy so he would post threads on forums about how great they are or he works for or owns the company because he has the exact same thread on at least one other grow forum.
Ya I am trialing these, as a prototype rum. I def. don't own a company, and i work for myself. haha. I have this on another forum to share and get more feedback, if you didn't know, sometimes a forum thread will get stagnant or off topic...

TomTrichrome

TomTrichrome

Hey TT, updating My LED journal.

End of Week 7 and these ladies are looking amazing and they are definitely going to be ready to cut down. Glad i decided to hold out and really let the color set in. I'm thinking at the end of week 8 these are going to be complete purple.

So if the genetics are there in your phenotype and you give it the correct light and feeding maximizing the color hidden within your strain is possible. I just never knew the potential was there with LEDs...Now I know, SC LEDs have what it takes to grow the Top-Shelf...

(these pictures were taken sunday november 8th, 2015)
END%20OF%20WEEK%207-1.JPG

End%20of%20week%207-2.JPG

end%20of%20week%207-4.JPG

end%20of%20week%207-5.JPG

end%20of%20week%207-6.JPG

end%20of%20week%207-7.JPG

So like I had mentioned this is the end of week 7 of a 8-9 week strain...I haven't decided to push it to the end of week 9 because I have been monitoring the trichromes and they are all milky already, so i'm just waiting for a few of em to start turning amber before I chop, which I know will be before the 9th week. (haha I don't think the ladies can pull enough nutes from the leaves to last them another week and a half)

So my next LED Grow Journal post will be the day before I harvest and the following post will be the dried harvest weight. So only 2 more post following this as far as updates. if you all have any questions I will be happy to answer those in the meantime however.

TomTrichrome

TomTrichrome

So my journal is almost over but i have another one following it. this upcoming grow journal is a sativa run (blue dream and sour diesel)so it should be really fun! I'm excited to see how Sativas grow and what then can produce when they are used in a LED system..

I got a couple posts left in this current grow journal and they should be worth sharing :harvest pic. and then dried yield weighed pic.

For a low to moderate producer like Grape Ape, i'm curious what the final yield is per plant and the combined outcome...

TomTrichrome

TomTrichrome

so in the next couple weeks ill be posting some new LED grow journal threads..

1. 4 plant 15 gal. containers (indica:LA Con) Vertical SC LED System

2. 9 plant 7 gal. containers (sativa: Blue Dream & SD)

Im doing a larger veg time on the indicas. in hopes that staging bigger growth phase will stabilize them fro a larger bloom phase. Just experimenting to see how i can maximize my yield with this system. While some growers choose to do less plants and grow them bigger, im testing to see if vegging them longer will maximize the yield in having less plants to manage. Essentially bigger plants, thus less amount of plants in a grow area needed.

VS.

Another run of a 9 plant sativa run in a 16" off center vertical LED system.

My thoughts are that the 9 plants will produce a bigger amount of yield with the plants combined, however with the larger indica plants they will produce more per plant, and hopefully compensating for the lack of amount of plants.

Essentially i'm am just trying a new technique to see if i can maximize my yield with less plants, which will add that much more convenience if the grower only has to focus on 4 large plants......I think there's a risk/reward payout this experiment will answer.

TomTrichrome

TomTrichrome

Chopped these ladies on 11/14. Now I', in the process of drying them. Will update the final yield in a few days once they've been processed and manicured. let me know what you think about these LED results if anyone is still following.
harvest%2011-14-2.JPG

Harvest%2011-14.JPG

harvest-5.JPG

harvest-4.JPG

harvest-2.JPG

S

SHIRDABZALOT

3300 bux? Yikes. I could build out a 4 lighter for that . Another gimmick aimed at the "new" growers. No real grower would drop that kinda coin on a toy.....because that's what that is....a toy. No disrespect to you tom, but you will understand my statements in time as you become a more detailed oriented grower that can decipher good marketing from bogus products. This idea is good but someone will mow over this company with a WAY better unit for 20% of the price. Couple more years of the public doing FREE (what ever happened to research and development ) beta testing and research for all these led companies and the pricepoint will drop significantly. Until then we have every crappie Chinese company jumping on the green wagon trying to capitalize off their slave labor and poorly controlled quality assurance that we Americans are so used to( see walmart)

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

LED is a tech that has along way to go price and performance wise,interesting to see this vert type concept though,cant wait to hear your yield weight.Their are numerous lighting systems that will blow these away for a 1/3 of the cost or less but its a nice experiment,let us know how your company does in the future TT.

TomTrichrome

TomTrichrome

LED is a tech that has along way to go price and performance wise,interesting to see this vert type concept though,cant wait to hear your yield weight.Their are numerous lighting systems that will blow these away for a 1/3 of the cost or less but its a nice experiment,let us know how your company does in the future TT.
its not my company, but i will make sure to update my yield weight. i guess time will tell with LED companies. Ive been doing research and albeit you can make similar LED systems, I highly doubt these systems can just be made by DIYers getting parts from online or like home depot. I know these diodes were specially engineered to have a specific spectrum, and have a more efficient power supply, so perhaps there's more tech in these systems then meets the eye.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

''perhaps there's more tech in these systems then meets the eye.''
No i dont beleive there is,people make them all the time tommy.Ill admit yours is packaged nicely and has the twist of being vert but there is nothing groundbreaking or special about the diodes or power supply,sorry.The LED companies want you to beleive their is something special or groundbreaking because that is the only way to justify the price they are asking,bottom line is if you are happy with it its worth it.

TomTrichrome

TomTrichrome

3300 bux? Yikes. I could build out a 4 lighter for that . Another gimmick aimed at the "new" growers. No real grower would drop that kinda coin on a toy.....because that's what that is....a toy. No disrespect to you tom, but you will understand my statements in time as you become a more detailed oriented grower that can decipher good marketing from bogus products. This idea is good but someone will mow over this company with a WAY better unit for 20% of the price. Couple more years of the public doing FREE (what ever happened to research and development ) beta testing and research for all these led companies and the pricepoint will drop significantly. Until then we have every crappie Chinese company jumping on the green wagon trying to capitalize off their slave labor and poorly controlled quality assurance that we Americans are so used to( see walmart)

I don't think the price is 3300 for the system i'm using. I believe its 2500...They gave me the first system to trial and see the results. I was skeptical at first and didn't want to buy it to just try. So they let me test the system to decide if i liked it. I got lower utility bills, less hassle from environmental controls like temp/humidity, and could have my plants touching the light source to maximize space. At the end of this run after returning the system and seeing the result, I opted to buy the system for the next run. This first trial run paid for the system in one 3 month run and i know its so good under waranty for 2 yrs. So the initial cost didn't bother me after i saw the results because i paid for the system with its first run, and every utility bill i get from now on will be less then when i was running HPS. So i paid for my light in one run with a little profit/smoke left over, and since i have a perpetual system i just threw some more vegged clones in the LED system right after i harvested these. so in 2 more months its all profit.

TomTrichrome

TomTrichrome

Fishwhistle I respect your opinion and I do believe you are right about the change in LED tech coming down in price. I still believe they dialed in the spectrum on this LED system, based on my results and other LEDs if seen at grow/cannabis conventions, as these lights are designed to have a more holistic color spectrum then just the standard red tint LEDs flooding the market.

Dunge

Dunge

This is what I see and what I think based on the same source reading all my fellow growers are reading.

These lights are white and require no fans. I believe this is the result of a strong (high frequency?) LED being reflected off of a surface designed to re-emit the design spectrum. I have some of these in the form of a "high bay shop light" and find them quiet and efficient.

I would like to buy these in strips that could be mounted into rails so that I could tailor lamp placement to my needs.

Thoughts?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Tommy im really glad your happy and its working out for you!We do tend to hear the same claims over and over from LED companies though so dont be surprised when folks are skeptical,best of luck,FW

TomTrichrome

TomTrichrome

So here are the results from the first grow journal I posted growing Grape Ape in a 4x4 lighthouse tent, in FF ocean forrest, superthrive, Sensi grow + Bloom, Moab, Molasses with Suncloak 32" vertical LED (9 plant) System. Just so you all could see some results that this system is capable of.

The Breakdown: Grape Ape- 9 Plants
Plant 1
- Grams:84 Ounces:2.96 Lbs:0.19
Plant 2- Grams:105 Ounces:3.70 Lbs:0.23
Plant 3- Grams:97.6 Ounces:3.44 Lbs:0.22
Plant 4- Grams:84 Ounces:2.96 Lbs:0.19
Plant 5- Grams:113 Ounces:3.99 Lbs:0.25
Plant 6- Grams:88 Ounces:3.10 Lbs:0.19
Plant 7- Grams:84.5 Ounces:2.98 Lbs:0.19
Plant 8- Grams:91 Ounces:3.21 Lbs:0.20
Plant 9- Grams:86 Ounces:3.03 Lbs:0.19

Total- Grams:833.1 Ounces:29.4 Lbs:1.84
Total Averages (per plant)
- Grams:92.6 Ounces:3.3 Lbs:0.20

4x4 table- Grams: 833.1, Ounces: 29.39, Lbs: 1.84
4x8 table- Grams: 1666.20, Ounces: 58.77, Lbs: 3.67

Grams Per Sq Ft: 52.07
Oz Per Sq Ft: 1.84
Lbs Per Sq Ft: 0.11

Watts Per Gram: 1.0
Watts per Oz: 27.2
Watts per Lb: 435.6

old%20grow%20results%203.JPG

Old%20grow%20results%202.JPG

old%20grow%20result%201.JPG

TomTrichrome

TomTrichrome

Also I am sending this in today to get Lab testing done to get some more analytic results. I will be posting the results as well as the picture of the lab printout by the end of the week. I'm excited to see if the lab results match the top-shelf aesthetics and smell this yield has offered. Usually grape ape is a low yielder, so if i get high result percentages to match the aesthetics and higher then average yield, then I would be a wrap for HIDs. it would be LEDs all the way.

keiksweat

keiksweat

Also I am sending this in today to get Lab testing done to get some more analytic results. I will be posting the results as well as the picture of the lab printout by the end of the week. I'm excited to see if the lab results match the top-shelf aesthetics and smell this yield has offered. Usually grape ape is a low yielder, so if i get high result percentages to match the aesthetics and higher then average yield, then I would be a wrap for HIDs. it would be LEDs all the way.
Looks good idea,what chips are they?I'd give em a run on the never never terms they gave you.definitely bro.cant fault it.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Do you know the wattage and lumen output of each individual led in the light chains?

realeyes

realeyes

So here are the results from the first grow journal I posted growing Grape Ape in a 4x4 lighthouse tent, in FF ocean forrest, superthrive, Sensi grow + Bloom, Moab, Molasses with Suncloak 32" vertical LED (9 plant) System. Just so you all could see some results that this system is capable of.

The Breakdown: Grape Ape- 9 Plants
Plant 1
- Grams:84 Ounces:2.96 Lbs:0.19
Plant 2- Grams:105 Ounces:3.70 Lbs:0.23
Plant 3- Grams:97.6 Ounces:3.44 Lbs:0.22
Plant 4- Grams:84 Ounces:2.96 Lbs:0.19
Plant 5- Grams:113 Ounces:3.99 Lbs:0.25
Plant 6- Grams:88 Ounces:3.10 Lbs:0.19
Plant 7- Grams:84.5 Ounces:2.98 Lbs:0.19
Plant 8- Grams:91 Ounces:3.21 Lbs:0.20
Plant 9- Grams:86 Ounces:3.03 Lbs:0.19

Total- Grams:833.1 Ounces:29.4 Lbs:1.84
Total Averages (per plant)
- Grams:92.6 Ounces:3.3 Lbs:0.20

4x4 table- Grams: 833.1, Ounces: 29.39, Lbs: 1.84
4x8 table- Grams: 1666.20, Ounces: 58.77, Lbs: 3.67

Grams Per Sq Ft: 52.07
Oz Per Sq Ft: 1.84
Lbs Per Sq Ft: 0.11

Watts Per Gram: 1.0
Watts per Oz: 27.2
Watts per Lb: 435.6

old%20grow%20results%203.JPG

Old%20grow%20results%202.JPG

old%20grow%20result%201.JPG

so i get that you are a good grower an these are nifty lights . yay!!
WTF is up with pulling a full vacseal on that unit ??
turn them into lil rocks and staticoff all the kief ? lol

Top Bottom