Irie Seeds "Orange Gasm" under Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..........

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Well here is somethng i stumbled across that would interest you. (And all of us)

Third party lab comparison done on high quality led grow lights including the gavita paid for by growers house.

It looks great, the problem I have with that one is the lack of UV on it, or am I missing something.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think this is by far the most credible thread I have seen on comparison of HPS to LED. It may not ne a side by side but I have no doubt in @sshz integrity and ability to call it like it is.

Also the fact that LED is not LED.

Its not often I would give such a definitive opinion on one grow but I feel like I cant help but say Gavita has proven this light. I even went to pick up the last one in the city and it was gone. LPs are snapping these all up and that says something in my book. Wish I would have pulled the trigger sooner.

But thank you @sshz For this thread and posting in suck detail

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I think this is by far the most credible thread I have seen on comparison of HPS to LED. It may not ne a side by side but I have no doubt in @sshz integrity and ability to call it like it is.

Also the fact that LED is not LED.

Its not often I would give such a definitive opinion on one grow but I feel like I cant help but say Gavita has proven this light. I even went to pick up the last one in the city and it was gone. LPs are snapping these all up and that says something in my book. Wish I would have pulled the trigger sooner.

But thank you @sshz For this thread and posting in suck detail

Yea, when I seen that used one go on ebay for $1075 I was kinda deflated, but the guy had no feedback, and I've had a few bad experiences lately on some thermal imaging equipment, so I'm pretty cautious now. I don't mind making high dollar purchase on the internet, (I eventually got reimbursed for the thermal cameras) but I've seen plenty of scams out there, plus it was a big hassle. (and I didn't like having to fill out a police report for stolen thermal devices).

People will sell you and item, then ship and empty box.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yea, when I seen that used one go on ebay for $1075 I was kinda deflated, but the guy had no feedback, and I've had a few bad experiences lately on some thermal imaging equipment, so I'm pretty cautious now. I don't mind making high dollar purchase on the internet, (I eventually got reimbursed for the thermal cameras) but I've seen plenty of scams out there, plus it was a big hassle. (and I didn't like having to fill out a police report for stolen thermal devices).

People will sell you and item, then ship and empty box.
Yeah I'm just gonna wait till they are back in stock.. not gonna rush it. Prib a few months away. My hlg 600 is not something I'm not happy with I just need more even coverage because of my height

sshz

sshz

Kind of surprised he would be off by like two weeks for that many phenos. Not great.

It’s actually more than 2 weeks as I have 2 plants dried that were done over 10 days ago.......
Disappointing. I did more work tonight, I have 5 plants I’ll cut tomorrow and put 11 back in to one side so I don't have to run 2 lights. 2-3 plants are just a few days away, the rest I’m cutting in a week no matter what they look like.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
It’s actually more than 2 weeks as I have 2 plants dried that were done over 10 days ago.......
Disappointing. I did more work tonight, I have 5 plants I’ll cut tomorrow and put 11 back in to one side so I don't have to run 2 lights. 2-3 plants are just a few days away, the rest I’m cutting in a week no matter what they look like.
Yea, some of my plants that I'm currently running look like there going to be the same. some coming in much earlier than others. It's like since I mixed in this auto flowering strain, it made plants that run small and fast, and others that are larger but much (several weeks) slower.

Those were photo-periods though, where they not?

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

The next thing that would be interesting to see is if this is something that carries over from grow to grow the longer flower time, I'm wondering if it the light extending flower.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The next thing that would be interesting to see is if this is something that carries over from grow to grow the longer flower time, I'm wondering if it the light extending flower.
Possibility but then why?
Did the plants stay healthier?
Spectrum? If anything thats what i would think. But not saying thats the case at all.

Possibly just coincidence also.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Possibility but then why?
Did the plants stay healthier?
Spectrum? If anything thats what i would think. But not saying thats the case at all.

Possibly just coincidence also.

exactly could be anything from breeder, strain, nutes , lights etc or like you say just a coincidence, hoping time and more grows will tell

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

after looking at those charts of the light, the HLG 650R looks like the best bang for the buck here in Canada about $500 cheaper then the gavita.
Yup bang for buck absolutely imo... if i had a bit more height i would prob just continue using hlg. What inwas kinda surprised with was how much weight was pulled with a bluer leaning spectrum. Thats kinda why I was so interested in this light and grow. Still no idea if the red to far red content and ratio played a role. But i don't know inwanna chance finding out with a 4k ish overall from hlg. More research is needed but if i can't figure this out i will likely grab one when available and compare to my 3000k hlg.

The thing for me is the light spread so either way I think I'm probably headed to gavita next time and thats not taking anything away from my hlg I absolutely love it

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
It's an S1/cross using hybrids, there is likely to be a lot of pheno variation. That is my best guess.
Yup bang for buck absolutely imo... if i had a bit more height i would prob just continue using hlg. What inwas kinda surprised with was how much weight was pulled with a bluer leaning spectrum. Thats kinda why I was so interested in this light and grow. Still no idea if the red to far red content and ratio played a role. But i don't know inwanna chance finding out with a 4k ish overall from hlg. More research is needed but if i can't figure this out i will likely grab one when available and compare to my 3000k hlg.

The thing for me is the light spread so either way I think I'm probably headed to gavita next time and thats not taking anything away from my hlg I absolutely love it
This yield is another data point toward one of the key takeaways from the first bugbee video imo. Shorter plants with same yield? Seems good to me!

sshz

sshz

7 plants harvested today with NO fluff at all.........

sshz

sshz

Regarding my electric bills, it's hard for me to make an apple to apple comparison. Last August my electric bill was $515. Over the winter I installed 2 new HVAC systems in the house- one for the top floor bedrooms and the other for the rest of the house. That change AND switching to LED's lowered it to $312 total. BUT I'm sure most of the savings came from the efficient HVAC's. Either way, now I'm aligned with the neighbors bills so nothing stands out. Remember, the dehumidifier is using amps, so that is using up any savings in the grow room.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I take It your happy about that... now ya have to destroy perfectly good bud for edibles lol.
bah, he should have a fair amount of fan leaves if he keeps them, I've made some really good edibles out of nothing more than fan leaves, you just need enough of them. In some ways, I think they might actually be a little better (or different at least). certainly more sedating anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom