Irie Seeds "Orange Gasm" under Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..........

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
From an interview on the Seedsman blog:
Screenshot 20200907 203640

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I'm not sure I'd trust anything Seedsman has to say, but with that- you need to consider why none of you every heard of the strain before? You probably never even heard of the breeder, Expert Seeds out of Ireland either.........

I'm probably talking to someone who's been growing for 20-30 years, but here goes.

I know a few guys that been growing professionally for long time, and one in particular since were were young boys. (I am 53, so 41 years.) anyhow, he was among the "best in midwest" back in the late 80's and early 90's. Lot's of these types around the country that have been growing a strain of their "own" for decades in some cases. (I know several people that fit this description) Mother plants that have been supporting a community. Lot's of growers stick with what works, there are probably a bunch of one hit wonder breeders out there, or perhaps a few select strains.

Some of them could give a flying F about any other strains, (or accolates) and they keep a tight grip on the genetics they do have.

sshz

sshz

Actually, the only reason I got the strain in the first place was because I was looking for Zombie Virus, and I thought I’d find a pheno close to that in the Sweet Zombie. The breeder of Zombie Virus went out of business and the strain disappeared with it. But, Expert Seeds did a nice job with their strain so it all worked out well.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Actually, the only reason I got the strain in the first place was because I was looking for Zombie Virus, and I thought I’d find a pheno close to that in the Sweet Zombie. The breeder of Zombie Virus went out of business and the strain disappeared with it. But, Expert Seeds did a nice job with their strain so it all worked out well.
Yea, there's so much cross breeding going on today, and someone with half a wit sometimes gets lucky, especially if you have some dank to choose from, and willing to take extreme measures, I suspect.

sshz

sshz

Just a few comments today......

Current weight on the first 2 plants is down to 8 oz., 9 grams. It's probably ready for packaging but I'm going to wait another couple of days. Either way, 4 oz per plant on average so far.

A number of plants have slowed down their water uptake, which to me is a signal they are done. So, I'll start harvesting the ready plants tomorrow at day 69 in flowering. I'm thinking it's about 15 plants, leaving maybe 6-7 left to go another week.

Friends of mine have been pumping up their numbers after watching along the thread........ bottom line is though, the lights paid for themselves in 1 crop. Actually, a lot more. I'm totally convinced in these lights now, no more wavering back and forth. The plants look great, yield will be superior, the dry stuff is super sticky and smells great- a winner all around.

Anthem

Anthem

Just a few comments today......

Current weight on the first 2 plants is down to 8 oz., 9 grams. It's probably ready for packaging but I'm going to wait another couple of days. Either way, 4 oz per plant on average so far.

A number of plants have slowed down their water uptake, which to me is a signal they are done. So, I'll start harvesting the ready plants tomorrow at day 69 in flowering. I'm thinking it's about 15 plants, leaving maybe 6-7 left to go another week.

Friends of mine have been pumping up their numbers after watching along the thread........ bottom line is though, the lights paid for themselves in 1 crop. Actually, a lot more. I'm totally convinced in these lights now, no more wavering back and forth. The plants look great, yield will be superior, the dry stuff is super sticky and smells great- a winner all around.
Sshz the Gavita spectrum really has the plants pumping out the resin content. Glad you like the lights. Hope you reconsider running the room sealed with CO2. The CO2 and sealed room will increase production even more.

sshz

sshz

My hesitancy is the growth might be too over whelming to keep up with. I could see adding it in flowering from weeks 3-7 maybe, but if I hit 90 oz. or more, who cares?????? That's plenty, and I'd just have to find new customers. LOL

Last edited:
Anthem

Anthem

My hesitancy is the growth might be too over whelming to keep up with. I could see adding it maybe in flowering from weeks 3-7 maybe, but if I hit 90 oz. or more, who cares?????? That's plenty, and I'd just have to find new customers. LOL
Guess you better find some more customers because it looks like 90 zips in not a problem!!!

sshz

sshz

But still, this strain was a heavy yielder so high numbers could probably be expected. The TRUE test will be when I grow an average yielder...... that’s surely when CO2 would make the biggest difference.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
But still, this strain was a heavy yielder so high numbers could probably be expected. The TRUE test will be when I grow an average yielder...... that’s surely when CO2 would make the biggest difference.
Only in that if you can grow average yielders and hit four lbs it opens up the floodgates for strain selection, right? I mean what are you going to do with extra orange gasm lol.

sshz

sshz

"Only in that if you can grow average yielders and hit four lbs it opens up the floodgates for strain selection, right? I mean what are you going to do with extra orange gasm lol."

Holidays are not far off.........business always gets better around then, with the cold weather, parties, flu, etc..........

Moshmen

Moshmen

Yes great work and thanx for sharing so much info it can overwhelming! A pleasure to watch and learn from grow technique, light performance, nutes, to edibles ! Great thread I’m ready for round two?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
"Only in that if you can grow average yielders and hit four lbs it opens up the floodgates for strain selection, right? I mean what are you going to do with extra orange gasm lol."

Holidays are not far off.........business always gets better around then, with the cold weather, parties, flu, etc..........
Have to imagine flu is good for the weed business .. Idk how people who don't like weed aren't losing their minds with this lol.

Maybe you will have some orange gasm around long enough to cure it and have a Halloween treat for those so interested? Lol idk. I have been going over the early pics from this grow. Man those babies grew fast. I feel like my girls are flying on this run and they are only just about keeping up with what yours were doing at this stage....it's an interesting benchmark.

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

Yes great work and thanx for sharing so much info it can overwhelming! A pleasure to watch and learn from grow technique, light performance, nutes, to edibles ! Great thread I’m ready for round two?

I'm actually unsure what kind of thread I'll do next......... it depends on numerous factors. Some threads I just document by pictures and don't post so much. Or maybe just a short post once a week. I'm not sure how much more I have to offer, as this current thread was so detailed. I did this one since it was my 1st under the LED's....... I don't want to be redundant, repeating the same stuff over and over. This thread has over 17K hits, I don't want the next one to go down to 170. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom