Irish Boy's 2011 Spectra Led Grow (Revenge Of Casey Jones)

• Thread starter IrishBoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

IrishBoy

ok heres the deal guys, the room has already hit 110F!!! the girls are still healthy and looking good but i am having the same issue i had last summer, girls are not flowering yet and its almost 3weeks. seems the heat makes the girls not want to flower? their healthy and look nice for what they have went threw. i am taking a hour away from the light time and adding it to the dark to see if that helps a little? i am also cutting out most of the Nitrogen and just using Dyna Gro Bloom. man i hope this isnt a repeat of last time when the girls took forever to flower.

S

Slips

Well in my experience Casey only puts out pistils after 2 weeks and stops stretching after 3 weeks; It is a 10 week sativa as it is ... good luck dude ..

I

IrishBoy

Well in my experience Casey only puts out pistils after 2 weeks and stops stretching after 3 weeks; It is a 10 week sativa as it is ... good luck dude ..

i grew her before and she flowered in 7 days, its from the same mom. i sprayed her with seaweed and in a few days she was budding everywhere. temps are too high on this grow to folair spray though

F

froggy

try to foliar spray right before the lights go on and the temps are low.

S

Sunbiz1

ok heres the deal guys, the room has already hit 110F!!! the girls are still healthy and looking good but i am having the same issue i had last summer, girls are not flowering yet and its almost 3weeks. seems the heat makes the girls not want to flower? their healthy and look nice for what they have went threw. i am taking a hour away from the light time and adding it to the dark to see if that helps a little? i am also cutting out most of the Nitrogen and just using Dyna Gro Bloom. man i hope this isnt a repeat of last time when the girls took forever to flower.

It's my understanding too much heat will delay flowering, which seems logical. I cut back on N about a week prior to switching over to 12 hours, but that's just me. Everyone seems to have their own methods, I prefer replacing N w/molasses throughout flowering.

Those lights are some serious firepower, perhaps a window A/C unit type of set-up would help...just a random thought.

B

BabaB00ey

Starting my first grow in the cheap ebay tent, with the cheap ufo led soon. Your posts give me hope. I plan on veging 3-5 northern lights autoflower fems with the low wat led. I plan on purchasing a higher watt led for flowering, perhaps that 500w one you got goin on. Wish me luck! Im interested in that deal you can get for the powerful led.

C

crazyhigh

hey Irishboy

You are the first guy who can impress with his LED grow. Your buds look 2good for LED.

You wrote you could compare LED and HPS buds of the same strain so I wonder which ones were the most potent?? I read somewhere one the net LEDs arent as potent as HPS buds.

Since you wrote LED buds are more dense and frostier, it looks like I have to give thos GHL LEDs a chance.
Do you think one 500W will do the job for me? I need to cover a 4'x4' area.

You are running two 500W... what size is your area?

keep up your work :bow

I

IrishBoy

It's my understanding too much heat will delay flowering, which seems logical. I cut back on N about a week prior to switching over to 12 hours, but that's just me. Everyone seems to have their own methods, I prefer replacing N w/molasses throughout flowering.

Those lights are some serious firepower, perhaps a window A/C unit type of set-up would help...just a random thought.
yes i would agreee it has messed with it for sure. i also like to cut out the high N a week before. i also just bought some Humboldt Honey es hoping it will help things out?

i have no way of running A/C in my room.

my intake and exhaust fan are the same CFM and i think i really need a higher intake to create less vacume because with my intake filter i think its less air coming in them out and the exhaust is just pulling in air from the attic threw leeks. for if i have more air coming in it should fill the air up with cooler air at night before it gets sucked out so fast and it will be more air so hot air threw the attic wont come in. makes sense to me.

Starting my first grow in the cheap ebay tent, with the cheap ufo led soon. Your posts give me hope. I plan on veging 3-5 northern lights autoflower fems with the low wat led. I plan on purchasing a higher watt led for flowering, perhaps that 500w one you got goin on. Wish me luck! Im interested in that deal you can get for the powerful led.
great strain my friend. i am afraid that UFO wont do any justice you really need at least around 300w of leds to get great yield for a descent area. i much rather for the price have two of those 290's of the single 500w.
hey Irishboy

You are the first guy who can impress with his LED grow. Your buds look 2good for LED.

You wrote you could compare LED and HPS buds of the same strain so I wonder which ones were the most potent?? I read somewhere one the net LEDs arent as potent as HPS buds.

Since you wrote LED buds are more dense and frostier, it looks like I have to give thos GHL LEDs a chance.
Do you think one 500W will do the job for me? I need to cover a 4'x4' area.

You are running two 500W... what size is your area?

keep up your work :bow

ya ive noticed that but its hard for me to truly truly say that since i didnt do a side x side, but theirs side x sides done on the web with these spectra lights and its all good on the led side. lots of growers that are HID fans that are using these leds i am are saying their getting crazy frosted buds with better yield. Google will show allot of grows. the dude that did the side x side was named setting sun.

if i were u i would get two 290's for the same price as that 500w and have more watts and more intense light and foot print, but ya that 500w will do my 4x4 area just fine.

my area is 4x4 tray, its over kill with these lights but i wanted to keep things like i would/everyone with HID 1k of HPS per 4x4 tray. that's what a 1k of HID is most effective over.

thanks for the complements on my grows, Google my name for the better grows the ones on here arnt the best ones ive done, i have tons of grows all over the web, some very very long threads with tons of great info about leds and just growing.

I

IrishBoy

heres day 20. still no flowering highest temps have been 110F in the room. girls are still healthy for such insane temps but flowering is on delay big time. i got a great deal on some Humboldt honey es so that will be added to my feedings to see if it helps with photosynthesis?

100 5239
100 5240
100 5242
100 5243
100 5244
100 5245
100 5246
S

Sunbiz1

*"yes i would agreee it has messed with it for sure. i also like to cut out the high N a week before. i also just bought some Humboldt Honey es hoping it will help things out?

my intake and exhaust fan are the same CFM and i think i really need a higher intake to create less vacume because with my intake filter i think its less air coming in them out and the exhaust is just pulling in air from the attic threw leeks. for if i have more air coming in it should fill the air up with cooler air at night before it gets sucked out so fast and it will be more air so hot air threw the attic wont come in. makes sense to me."*>>>

>>>It's the filter on your intake causing low barometric pressure. No wonder your temps are so insane, that attic is probably 120 degrees during the day. Have you tried lowering your exhaust fan setting a bit?.

I've never tried the Humboldt honey, perhaps others here have and could provide info. I cannot resist the humor though, the company got it's name from an old slang word....lol!

"a female whose general demeanor is that of a flower child of the 1960's. usually wearing no bra, underwear, or socks. hemp clothing and dreadlocks. found shopping at the local co-op or farmer's market. also notice, the genuine humboldt honey does not shave or wear deodorant and does actually come from humboldt county."

Good luck with those temps, wonder if the low barometric pressure could delay flowering?...just a random afterthought.

Biz

B

BabaB00ey

I can afford a 290w led right now I suppose. Whats the best one on the market?

I

IrishBoy

*"yes i would agreee it has messed with it for sure. i also like to cut out the high N a week before. i also just bought some Humboldt Honey es hoping it will help things out?

my intake and exhaust fan are the same CFM and i think i really need a higher intake to create less vacume because with my intake filter i think its less air coming in them out and the exhaust is just pulling in air from the attic threw leeks. for if i have more air coming in it should fill the air up with cooler air at night before it gets sucked out so fast and it will be more air so hot air threw the attic wont come in. makes sense to me."*>>>

>>>It's the filter on your intake causing low barometric pressure. No wonder your temps are so insane, that attic is probably 120 degrees during the day. Have you tried lowering your exhaust fan setting a bit?.

I've never tried the Humboldt honey, perhaps others here have and could provide info. I cannot resist the humor though, the company got it's name from an old slang word....lol!

"a female whose general demeanor is that of a flower child of the 1960's. usually wearing no bra, underwear, or socks. hemp clothing and dreadlocks. found shopping at the local co-op or farmer's market. also notice, the genuine humboldt honey does not shave or wear deodorant and does actually come from humboldt county."

Good luck with those temps, wonder if the low barometric pressure could delay flowering?...just a random afterthought.

Biz

ya ur right, ive been gone for a while so did catch that really until i was home and looking in the room and was sober.lol. just common sense that the 3m filter on the intake witch filters out allot of really small out side stuff is whats causing the lack of intake over the exhaust. i did lower my exhaust fan setting to a slower speed and it helped allot. last i seen my room last night was 85F, with this bigger intake fan i am going to get 409CFM compared to my 290CFM is only going to make things better in theory! pump more cooler air in then the exhaust can suck out and take away the negative pressure and make it positive. the night temps havent been that bad abd should be able to hit the high 70's or low 80's allot of night i am hoping?

thats funny about the Humboldt Honey never knew that. all i know is everyone ive talked to love that stuff. when i went to the hydro store and garbed it lots of customers said it was great and ive read that a bunch of times. its lots good organic stuff and is very thick, if i am going to pay for water down molasses when i rather i be at least thick molasses unlike most watered down sweeteners.lol
I can afford a 290w led right now I suppose. Whats the best one on the market?

i would say the brand i am using, every one loves their 290's and ive had great success with this company many times

I

IrishBoy

seen this post and thought it might be some help to someone?

Hey everyone just wanted to stop by and let you guys know about a sale im putting on.

I have five Spectra LED 500w panels at 15% off and free shipping, four Spectra LED 290w panels at 10% off and free shipping, five Spectra LED 180w panels at 10% off and free shipping and four Spectra LED 100w panels at 10% off and free shipping.

Just wanted to show some love for you members on here for all the great support you guys have given me. Once these quantity's are sold then the sale is over or it ends next friday which ever comes first.

Email me at ******** if your interested.

I

IrishBoy

i wanted to show u a pic somone posted for me. this is from a 180w spectra and is only around 3 weeks flowering. this is going to be one bad girl.

Here is a pic of my diesel that is sitting dead center under my 180... she is about 3 weeks into flower. Keep em green and rock hard!!!
http://i1216.invalid.com/albums/dd361/stoneyluv2/DSCN2859.jpg

I

IrishBoy

ill have some pics tomorrow of the girls after they wake up from their 36hr nap/dark time. hope this works, i mean their starting to flower i see hair shooting out the sides but just lagging and being real slow. hoping this 36hr nap will flip that switch to them and let them know what time it is.

I

IrishBoy

here is a update for u guys. girl look like their in flower mode and pushing out hair they just look like them maybe in 5 days of flowering. i will have a better idea next week. day time temps have been around 100-106F this whole week. i am able to get the night temps cooler though

100 5247
100 5248
100 5249
100 5250
I

IrishBoy

update. girls still not flowering, switched timer to 10/14 to help kick them into flowering. raised my 500's to 24-28" above my plants. temps have been hot like always 100-110F. its just too hot for the girls to function. the only thing i can think of to do is raise the lights to make them less intense and change the dark time to 14hrs, seemed to help last summer grow. its getting real old real fast and their about to see the hatch soon if this dont work. going to talk to mike about getting a few 290's to replace the 500's and just lower the wattage for the summer heat. i think its just too hot and too much light for this 100F+ temps

100 5259
100 5260
100 5261
100 5263
100 5262
100 5265
100 5266
100 5268
Top Bottom