Is Advanced Nutrients Worth The $$$??

• Thread starter jackwhite
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pimples

Yes, i was there! Using an aquafarm w/ three GH flora series nutes: floragro, floramicro, florabloom. No one used calmag or flushed (that I knew).
Me too. I was there i. The early days. 250 watt mh hydrofarm sunburst lamp (attached ballast) over a Emilys Garden (called Lizs Garden at the time) with the 2 leader soda pop "tree fountain" extra reservoir. Basically 6 planters filled with Geolite (early hydroton) wick system in a aerated tray with 2 inches of nutrient solution. Passive wick system. I thought i was joe cool with that little dealy. About 1989...just after the Green Merchant busts.

Junk

Junk

I was at the local hydro store and one of the employees was telling me to step my game up and graduate to advance nutes. (currently using technaflora) I am a newbie and will be starting my 2nd grow in mid feb. I am pretty happy with the results so far from my first grow(2weeks left till harvest)

For those who have or currently using Advance Nutes have you noticed a considerable difference from your other nutes thst you have used in the past?
Is it worth the $500 I would have to drop to purchase it?
I did not read all the posts in this thread. In fact, I only read the OP post.

Imo, you are being sold. All the best growers I know.....none of them use AN. The hydro stores I visit who personally grow, who could run any nutes they want, don't use AN. The two consultants I know, who are setting up these new dispensaries/grow spots (These are grow Gods) none of them use AN.

It's anecdotal, and limited to my area (New England), but that's a substantial number of knowledgable people, who don't use it. I do pretty well with GH, as do most of them.

Tardbuster

Tardbuster

AN is proof of human devolution.
All the bottom shelf flower has dozens of AN products on the label. Its all nasty tasting and low potency. Looks pretty, smells like Budcandy.

Biggest problems with growers. They ask advise from chemical salesmen instead of end-users who actually smoke the end product.

AN cult is like a denial club. You know the pot sucks and youre wasting your money going in circles. Denial is what continues its use, nothing else makes sense.

P

Pimples

Go to Home Depot. Buy a gallon A & B set of Black Magic base nutrient for 60 $. A teaspoon of each part per gallon. Its very concentrated amd economical. It has all the minerals your plants need. Buy the Black Magic all purpose supplement as well. It seems pricey at 50 bucks a quart but you only use a paltry one mililiter per gallon of water. A quart will last a very long time. Ajd its basically relabeled Floralicious Plus. It has your amino acids and kelp extracts covered. All you need now is a quality fulvic acid for even more nutrient chelation. I suggest a gallon of BioAg Fulpower. Follow label instructions. Add a potassium silicate (I suggest a more concentrated brand such as Europonic Silica or DynaGro - brands from Botanicare or Advanced are extremely diluted - mostly water). You should be good to go. This simple cheap long lasting bottles will give the same exact results than 20 bottles of anything on the hydro store shelves. Trust me. Ive used everything.

Last edited:
P

Pimples

Ive learned and experimented alot over the years. And ive talked to Harley Smith extensively about it. We call them "the big 5". The biostimulant organic additives. Not needed. All you need is a base nutrient but they give your crops that extra edge. Humic/fulvic acid...Amino acid...kelp extract...yucca...and silica.

Wisher619

Wisher619

Ive learned and experimented alot over the years. And ive talked to Harley Smith extensively about it. We call them "the big 5". The biostimulant organic additives. Not needed. All you need is a base nutrient but they give your crops that extra edge. Humic/fulvic acid...Amino acid...kelp extract...yucca...and silica.
or you could go with 2.2lbs of maxibloom for $14.00 which makes something like 330 gal of mix @3g per gal which works for me
that equals out to something like $.04 per gal
which gives plenty of room for any additives
a great base that has been working for many growers for like what.....30years

Last edited:
P

PharmHand

That's pretty much the list of stuff I've settled on over the years too. Harley Smith is awesome love reading any info he puts out

Ecompost

Ecompost

or you could go with 2.2lbs of maxibloom for $14.00 which makes something like 330 gal of mix @3g per gal which works for me
that equals out to something like $.04 per gal
which gives plenty of room for any additives
a great base that has been working for many growers for like what.....30years
isnt maxibloom an arm of Monsanto? oh no thats Koolbloom right, i mean who knows who monsanto brought now anyway

Ecompost

Ecompost

That's pretty much the list of stuff I've settled on over the years too. Harley Smith is awesome love reading any info he puts out
the cost of his products is way too high imo, but they do of course work, just as AN does and in fact the nutrients in powder in NPK bags are the very same as those in AN albeit less diluted. You can buy products on ebay or other which dont come in small packs at that price. For example, K2O is a common product, it is extremely cheap unless you buy it from NPK industries. The same with his P his N and so on. His system is not organic AND, does he even ship microbes? I dont understand systems of bio stimulation, where one also adds bio restrictive salts

Wisher619

Wisher619

the cost of his products is way too high imo, but they do of course work, just as AN does and in fact the nutrients in powder in NPK bags are the very same as those in AN albeit less diluted. You can buy products on ebay or other which dont come in small packs at that price. For example, K2O is a common product, it is extremely cheap unless you buy it from NPK industries. The same with his P his N and so on. His system is not organic AND, does he even ship microbes? I dont understand systems of bio stimulation, where one also adds bio restrictive salts
there is no such thing as "Bio Restrictive" salts
as for Monsanto........the arms are ever reaching.....if you actually understood who controls the world.......you would understand that every time you fill up on gas
every item of clothing you purchase.....every thread you purchase to make your own clothes....the fact you are on a phone or computer....you are contributing to whom controls the world....of which Monsanto is a small part

Cultivate420

Cultivate420

there is no such thing as "Bio Restrictive" salts
as for Monsanto........the arms are ever reaching.....if you actually understood who controls the world.......you would understand that every time you fill up on gas
every item of clothing you purchase.....every thread you purchase to make your own clothes....the fact you are on a phone or computer....you are contributing to whom controls the world....of which Monsanto is a small part
Tell me who controls the world? Lol

Wisher619

Wisher619

Tell me who controls the world? Lol
the finance institutions that fund these company's
EU bank
Goldman Sachs
HSBC
the list goes on

research how these company's buy out other company's
through hedge funds and liquidation of securities and dividend stock

company's like Monsanto are just a subsidiary of the military/pharma industrial complex
which is now owned by Bayer
the rabbit hole is deep but the end of the hole resides so-called "bloodline royalty"
Kings/Queens/Prince/Princess/Barron/Duke/Dutches
the list goes on
the reality is no-matter what choice you make in purchase
directly or indirectly you are funding the very company's you may dislike

P

PharmHand

I did not read all the posts in this thread. In fact, I only read the OP post.

Imo, you are being sold. All the best growers I know.....none of them use AN. The hydro stores I visit who personally grow, who could run any nutes they want, don't use AN. The two consultants I know, who are setting up these new dispensaries/grow spots (These are grow Gods) none of them use AN.

It's anecdotal, and limited to my area (New England), but that's a substantial number of knowledgable people, who don't use it. I do pretty well with GH, as do most of them.
What ec you feed with GH? Most guys I know using GH always seem to feed really strong. I'd rather not support either company..... On the one hand is essentially the Monsanto corp and the other you have the self proclaimed "marijuana don" basically evil corporation or douche bag playboy..... AN has a lot of humic/fulvic/seaweed/aminos/yucca in there that helps make minerals more available. If I had the time I'd go back to organic or even salts. Where I'm at AN and GH cost very similar if you don't go nuts on the additives.....

P

PharmHand

I just like reading the info he puts out. He's the only person I've ever heard discuss the difference between growing in maximum growth demanding conditions vs average conditions and how nutrient usage and uptake changes. You're absolutely right tho, RAW is just overpriced ag salts

Wisher619

Wisher619

What ec you feed with GH? Most guys I know using GH always seem to feed really strong. I'd rather not support either company..... On the one hand is essentially the Monsanto corp and the other you have the self proclaimed "marijuana don" basically evil corporation or douche bag playboy..... AN has a lot of humic/fulvic/seaweed/aminos/yucca in there that helps make minerals more available. If I had the time I'd go back to organic or even salts. Where I'm at AN and GH cost very similar if you don't go nuts on the additives.....
I run GH @ 1.3-1.5ec total.....

P

PharmHand

the finance institutions that fund these company's
EU bank
Goldman Sachs
HSBC
the list goes on

research how these company's buy out other company's
through hedge funds and liquidation of securities and dividend stock

company's like Monsanto are just a subsidiary of the military/pharma industrial complex
which is now owned by Bayer
the rabbit hole is deep but the end of the hole resides so-called "bloodline royalty"
Kings/Queens/Prince/Princess/Barron/Duke/Dutches
the list goes on
the reality is no-matter what choice you make in purchase
directly or indirectly you are funding the very company's you may dislike
And at the top of the list is..... Aliens..... Seriously, read the book of Enoch, which was once part of the scriptures that we know as the Bible..... The elites are alien hybrids......Trippy shit:smoking:

Top Bottom