Is Anybody Using Mars Hydro Led Grow Light Now?

• Thread starter Yukido
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BeglianHaze

BeglianHaze

hello eastcoastjoe,

are you sure led make same hot as HPS lamps????
your plant have a beautiful dark green color! are you giving it any product for flowering period?
i am curious to see how it grows! :)

Yukido

Yukido

hello eastcoastjoe,

your plant have a beautiful dark green color! are you giving it any product for flowering period?
actually yeah... the same draw power, HPS and LED produce similar heat... maybe Led just a bit less....

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

Yeah I'm kinda disappointed about the heat LED produce too, I thought it could produce less as those adv say... But you were talking about draw power right? if the draw power of Mars Led is 400 W, it could be MARS II 900W, it can produce the same heat as 400W HPS yeah...But luckily Led r still much more efficient than HPS, it helps a lot of electricity consumption, and Cannabis can grow better i guess... till now, my reflecor is producing a little heat, I can put my hand under for long time and no problem, so I'm not using ventilation right now, don't know if it's fine or no...:confused:

The reason it's not making much heat is because the panel you have uses 3watt diodes. They work good but still lack a bit in canopy penetration. I guess it all comes down to what your goals are.

What I meant was this, the draw power of both of my panels are somewhere in the area of 340-360watts(170-180w each panel) and they make the tent very hot. I think using the actual draw and comparing to a HID of its caliber is a fair comparison. So my two panels versus a 400w HPS.

In a 2x4 tent, I believe two of the mars2 400w panels heat it up hotter than a 400w HPS. There working great so far But I also am skeptical if they will out yield a 400w HPS.

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

hello eastcoastjoe,

I mostly topdress and give compost teas weekly. For flower I use a combination of fish bone meal, gypsum, sulpomag, & kelp I don't get too crazy I just try to go natural and stay away from hydro stores

keiksweat

keiksweat

cant understand why your getting that much heat,I run two 450w reflector series and a 600w cool tube in my tent.without the tube on there's hardly any heat.300w draw x 2.

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

cant understand why your getting that much heat,I run two 450w reflector series and a 600w cool tube in my tent.without the tube on there's hardly any heat.300w draw x 2.

Only thing I can gather is it's the 5w diodes. Believe me, I wasn't expecting all that heat. I've read some things from people experienced in electronics, saying it's the biggest challenge in using the 5w chips.. The reflector series runs 3w Chips so it's got to be the difference.

keiksweat

keiksweat

Only thing I can gather is it's the 5w diodes. Believe me, I wasn't expecting all that heat. I've read some things from people experienced in electronics, saying it's the biggest challenge in using the 5w chips.. The reflector series runs 3w Chips so it's got to be the difference.
get yourself a little 4" bathroom fan and duct kit,real cheap for induction.pull air in from outside,and get a 4"tt or rvk fan and a little phresh filter ,exhaust from opposite side to outside.put induction at bottom opposite.works a treat for me,even with me 2 panels on veg n bloom and me 600 tube on super lumens..

keiksweat

keiksweat

get yourself a little 4" bathroom fan and duct kit,real cheap for induction.pull air in from outside,and get a 4"tt or rvk fan and a little phresh filter ,exhaust from opposite side to outside.put induction at bottom opposite.works a treat for me,even with me 2 panels on veg n bloom and me 600 tube on super lumens..
Good luck,heats a real fucker in the tent...

BeglianHaze

BeglianHaze

I mostly topdress and give compost teas weekly. For flower I use a combination of fish bone meal, gypsum, sulpomag, & kelp I don't get too crazy I just try to go natural and stay away from hydro stores

Thanks for tell me your mix :)
I am waiting my tent and mars hydro...i hope it will not heat so much like u say!

Yukido

Yukido

Hello guys... I meet a problem... I put seed in a wet tissue covered for 2 days but nothing happen.:(:(Anyone know why? bad genetic? shit seed?

i prefer do like this cuz if PH of mud is wrong it will never grow

Webwxgetmsgimg
e4ian

e4ian

Mars2 from "China" yea..ive had the 1200w & 900W for maybe 2yrs+.. Luckily the Police didnt take them but i havnt used them Since,they are now in SAFE Storage.
Very good.
LED feeds the plants,so carefull with new root systems...(-;

^^ Cool :)
i Liked the Reflector Versions

Last edited:
Yukido

Yukido

Mars2 from "China" yea..ive had the 1200w & 900W for maybe 2yrs+.. Luckily the Police didnt take them but i havnt used them Since,they are now in SAFE Storage.
Very good.
LED feeds the plants,so carefull with new root systems...(-;

^^ Cool :)
i Liked the Reflector Versions
What are you using now?

e4ian

e4ian

yes hi man,i came back here to Elaborate a little .."Now jus' a Closet Grow with 250w hps and mh"

^Keep the LED(s) High from your plants too begin with! (like 6 ft) otherwise they will get fried!
yea LED Light Spectrums Feed the Plant more alot more than HID .

(in fact i Concluded id wait untill my plants were like 2'? before i used them..)

BeglianHaze

BeglianHaze

Hello guys... I meet a problem... I put seed in a wet tissue covered for 2 days but nothing happen.:(:(Anyone know why? bad genetic? shit seed?

i prefer do like this cuz if PH of mud is wrong it will never grow
Hello,

it can happen! not all seeds are perfect! i use ur same way to let seed germinate, and sometimes they just get rotten! maybe the seed was too old or bad quality!

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
In vegging, I keep my LED`s about 3 feet away. Once flipped to flower, the LED`s are moved to around 2 feet away.

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

My fans are better than those cheap bathroom fans ,I have two 4inch vortex fans, one for exhaust and one for intake, I'm telling you bro these things run hot. I'd probably have an easier time cooling a 600w HPS

Yukido

Yukido

Yeah, I believe LED light is more efficient than HPS, because all the lights LED gives are what cannabis exactly need. In Mars Hydro website, they gave suggestion about distance:
distance:

germination 24-30inches above the plants

veg:18-24 inches above the plants

flower:12-18 inches above the plants

Top Bottom