Is Anybody Using Mars Hydro Led Grow Light Now?

• Thread starter Yukido
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Yukido

Yukido

Hello,

it can happen! not all seeds are perfect! i use ur same way to let seed germinate, and sometimes they just get rotten! maybe the seed was too old or bad quality!
I will give more time to my seed... I just hope it will work out, I can't wait to grow now! lol

Yukido

Yukido

Are you just interested in growing auto flower strains ?
Of course no! But this time I don't have enough time, cuz in Nov maybe I will start a 1 month trip, nobody will take care of it... thats why I choose autoflower for this grow

Junk

Junk

Unless you can get a high end led, or build your own, you won't match the power of an HID.

Don't get me wrong, I think LED is the future. But I was running a Mars 2 1200 in a 4x4. It's not enough output to slay a 4x4. You will get a 2x2 spot of good growth. But to kill the entire tent, I had to start running hanging cfl's So with the 600 the Mars draws, & then the wattage of the CFL's, I'm using the same wattage as a 1kw, but not the same results.

It vegges well. But unless you have $700-$1000 to build a light, you will do better flowering with an HPS.

I plan to build an LED in a few months...& hopefully do a side by side with the HPS.

It's not a terrible light, but it doesn't replace a 1kw, not by a long stretch. I don't know why these LED companies insist on using that marketing strategy.

It also adds MORE heat to the tent than a cooled HID.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

^^^^
why I haven't bothered to look into led for my grow room. im running an 8x12x7 built room with 14k btu a/c and 3x600hps in a/c big kahuna hoods. if I can find led's that will EQUALLY or out perform the 600's in my room, im all for it. I pull awesome yields each and every run (not including my hermie run). but if I can find led panels that don't throw heat like my 3x600's and turn off or down my a/c unit, im game.

im not really worried about cost, but not looking to spend 1k on 1 panel either. ill stick with my hps at that price point.

G

gonnagro

^Keep the LED(s) High from your plants too begin with! (like 6 ft) otherwise they will get fried!

Never experienced this problem. Veg about 2 - 2.5 ft and flower at 18", Solarstorm 400. About to try the same with a Spectrum King 450.

Yukido

Yukido

yeah It's true, I dont expect LED can add less heat than HPS:(, they produce more or less the same heat... but there is still something good to say, with the same draw power, LED can reduce about 40% power consumption. My seed startd to bud now, I will move to tent soon!

BeglianHaze

BeglianHaze

The led needs less power yeah, but even in my tent it keep heating like hell! i hope to fix this little problem before my babies start to grow seriously!
Sorry guys but i have troubles to post photos today! hope i can upload it asap!

G

gonnagro

The Spectrum King runs a tad hot in the 3x3 tent I'm currently using. To remedy this I have two, two speed clip on fans, on both sides of the tent. One is seven inch, one is 6 inch. additionally there is a fan on the floor aiming at the light pushing the hot air toward the exhaust fans. All vents are open on the bottom. Depending on season I can run high or low speed and keep the tent around 85 degrees.

B

blackstang

Yeah they work....for a little while anyway....I bought 7 lights from "sara" and her "assistant" "Lucy".....I can say for sure they are CHEAP lights...and I am now having the displeasure trying to either get my lights fixed...or parts for repair....its been 6 days and I have YET to get my shipping label from "lucy" for a return....I also LOVE how all of a sudden her english is not so good.....and she is easily "confused" for some reason......Of all 7 lights...2 600w////1 300w/////4 180watts.......all but one have burnt out leds.. (4 have several burnt out...1 has half burnt out...and my 600watt has over 30 burnt out)......2 lights are 1 year old...the rest less than a year....1 less than 6 months......Be warned,,,,you will go thru hell trying to get good customer service....

B

blackstang

20151203 153148

20151203 153148
mr.indica

mr.indica

Hey guys,

Its my first post on the forums :) Would be awesome if you guys could help me choose a Mars Hydro light for my closet grow that I'm setting up.

My grow space is basically 2 x 4 foot. (Depth 78 cm (2.55 feet) Width 130 cm (4.2 feet) Height 166 cm (5.2 feet)

I'm trying to decide between a 144 Reflector 5 Watt Version or 2 x 400 Watt Mars II Series. Was hoping eastcoastjoe might chime in considering he used two of the 400 Watt Mar II lights in similar type of grow space, but had some issues with heat?

From my understanding the Mars II series has better penetration, but can be a little too powerful in small closet grows and the light needs to be kept some distance from the seedling during early stages of vegetation in comparison to the Reflector series. I'm hoping that what ever I choose can be used all the way through from germination to flowering, will this be possible?

Thanks heaps!

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Have used LED`s from germination to harvest with very good results. But not a Mars unit.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
I have Advanced Diamond Series 300`s. Flowering space is 3' x 7' x 7' tall. Use 3 of `em in there.

Top Bottom