Is it all in the drying and curing process?

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Bad

2Bad

I really want some gassy after taste cannabis. I'm synthetic right now but I was wondering is there anything I can do to make sure I bring out the terpenes or is it all in the drying and curing?

socks4free

socks4free

I use unsulfered blackstrap molasses once a week About 1-2 TBS per gallon which seems to help alot with trichome production which in effect also increasing terps. It works in the same way the retail terpene boosting products work.

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

I've heard epsom salts help towards the end of flower, a very small amount though, like 1 gram per gallon. It has something to do with the sulfate in the epsom salt.
The sulfate helps unlock that last bit of phosphorus right at the end.. I still don’t understand the full process behind why it locks out towards the end .

2Bad

2Bad

Appreciate all the comments guys. I’ll have to do some more research. No doubt doing a pheno hunt, has anyone tried hunting in half gallons? It’s three times the size of a solo so I would think it would work

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

The sulfate helps unlock that last bit of phosphorus right at the end.. I still don’t understand the full process behind why it locks out towards the end .
I meant potassium not phosphorus.. I just actually stumbled upon this information..

When a plant has epsom salt introduced it uptakes sulfur allowing for better nitrogen metabolism plus it boost protein synthesis.

Unlocking more potassium boost the transport of plants reserve nutrients while also boosting synthesis of carbohydrates and enzymes

Both of those factors combined SHOULD take your plants reserved nitrogen to NOTHING 😂 taking away the chlorophyll kind of taste and bringing out a nice smell and true taste .👍🏾

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Appreciate all the comments guys. I’ll have to do some more research. No doubt doing a pheno hunt, has anyone tried hunting in half gallons? It’s three times the size of a solo so I would think it would work

I don't see any issue with it.

C2F

C2F

Just tested this: My terps are out of this word.
I used 1/2 dose of terpinator and 1tbl spoon of molasses(unsulfured blackstrap) during late veg into flowering. Then while flowering I used terpinator first 2-3 weeks of flower then switch to fish sh!t and molasses to finish. (you can flush with molasses also) My buds smell really sweet with gas undertones. (Waiting for dry and cure to see if terps were preserved)

C2F

C2F

You can also use terpenes nutrients such as terpenez or termpenator
Just tested this: My terps are out of this world.
I used 1/2 dose of terpinator and 1tbl spoon of molasses(unsulfured blackstrap) during late veg into flowering. Then while flowering I used terpinator first 2-3 weeks of flower then switch to fish sh!t and molasses to finish. (you can flush with molasses also) My buds smell really sweet with gas undertones. (Waiting for dry and cure to see if terps were preserved)

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Just tested this: My terps are out of this world.

Did you get it tested in a lab?

growsince79

growsince79

I really want some gassy after taste cannabis. I'm synthetic right now but I was wondering is there anything I can do to make sure I bring out the terpenes or is it all in the drying and curing?
A proper cure helps some. But #1 is genetics. If you need to wait 3 months for your weed to taste good, you don't have the good kind. I like the kind you can put a wet fresh picked tip in the pipe and go whoa-that's good.

2Bad

2Bad

A proper cure helps some. But #1 is genetics. If you need to wait 3 months for your weed to taste good, you don't have the good kind. I like the kind you can put a wet fresh picked tip in the pipe and go whoa-that's good.
Do you think the smell of the plant in veg can show you its smell before in flower?

Latest posts

Top Bottom