Is it all in the drying and curing process?

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kushymane

Kushymane

Just tested this: My terps are out of this world.
I used 1/2 dose of terpinator and 1tbl spoon of molasses(unsulfured blackstrap) during late veg into flowering. Then while flowering I used terpinator first 2-3 weeks of flower then switch to fish sh!t and molasses to finish. (you can flush with molasses also) My buds smell really sweet with gas undertones. (Waiting for dry and cure to see if terps were preserved)
I’ve used all of these products before many times and what I can tell u is that u only really need the blackstrap molasses to bring out flavor. It’s the microbes and sugar is sugar. The fish shit is cool and the terpinator but u don’t need it.

Reactions: C2F
C2F

C2F

This go around I was going to use only the molasses and fish sh!t to see the difference. Terpinator was cool like you say but its just extra that you dont really need. I was giving it a test run bc i got it on a discount. Decent product but it can be supplemented by doing as you say.

Kushymane

Kushymane

This go around I was going to use only the molasses and fish sh!t to see the difference. Terpinator was cool like you say but its just extra that you dont really need. I was giving it a test run bc i got it on a discount. Decent product but it can be supplemented by doing as you say.
Not too shabby as a stand alone 😂

32409374 86F9 4967 82C2 304B0B840073
KushNAshn

KushNAshn

Thanks! Always sew everybody buy terpinator wasn't too sure. Molasses it is!

WGH

WGH

I really want some gassy after taste cannabis. I'm synthetic right now but I was wondering is there anything I can do to make sure I bring out the terpenes or is it all in the drying and curing?
I've tried using Terpenez and this works really well. It brings out aroma and enhances the resin in the plants! You can also use this product to flush.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

What is the molasses suppose to do?
It's actually the potassium sulfate in the molasses. Much of the rest is merely the supporting cast. The potassium sulfate has an influence on terp production like a few of the others pointed out above.

With that stated, I don't use it. I do use a flavor enhancer called Candy Man, which is rich in Potassium sulfate. Cal and Mag are not listed on the label. It's what I wanted because my routine already involves cal-mag.

G

GratefulJosh

Shutting off the lights for two days prior to harvest can also help preserve the more delicate terpenes that can flash off in temps as low as what grow lights put off

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Of course the bros agree with bro science, that's what bro science is...anecdotal. The simple fact that you don't know who he is tells me enough about the situation.

And here's one JUST for you(you can read the time stamp at 37:00):

"just because it's common doesn't mean it's correct"

Last edited:
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

And who is Dr. Bugbee? Lights off before harvest isn't 'bro science' lol
Sorry my guy, but if you are not familiar with the good doctor, you might want to look him up. He is the opposite of bro science.

His testing is some of the best we growers have to work from. University testing specifically on growing cannabis.

Dark before harvest is bro science in the sense it is wrong, but it was a good hypothesis - it was just borne out to be wrong in testing. Those that do not adapt to new info from trusted sources - that's where bro science kicks in.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

He's an educator at the only University in the states that specializes in horticulture/plant biology relating specifically to cannabis/marijuana. He also founded Apogee instruments. Maybe you've heard or seen people on the forums suggesting Apogee par meters? :)

Like @Moe.Red said he's pretty much the only trustworthy source for non-bro science when it comes to the industry at the moment.

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

Step 1: Pick good genetics
Step 2: Pick good genetics
Step 3: Don't fuck up the good genetics with your growing and curing methodology

If this doesn't work, then pick better genetics.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

He's an educator at the only University in the states that specializes in horticulture/plant biology relating specifically to cannabis/marijuana. He also founded Apogee instruments. Maybe you've heard or seen people on the forums suggesting Apogee par meters? :)

Like @Moe.Red said he's pretty much the only trustworthy source for non-bro science when it comes to the industry at the moment.
I don't know if I would go that far ... He's good, yes! Great when it comes to lighting ... but I also think Ed Rosenthal and Jorge Cervantes know a thing or 2 about growing. All 3 would be trusted sources. There are also some others, including members here on the farm.

As for when do I harvest? First thing in the morning right after the light comes on. I run 12/12 light cycle through flower right up to harvest. I've not noticed a difference in quality over harvesting in the dark after 24/48 hrs of darkness.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I don't know if I would go that far ... He's good, yes! Great when it comes to lighting ... but I also think Ed Rosenthal and Jorge Cervantes know a thing or 2 about growing. All 3 would be trusted sources. There are also some others, including members here on the farm.

As for when do I harvest? First thing in the morning right after the light comes on. I run 12/12 light cycle through flower right up to harvest. I've not noticed a difference in quality over harvesting in the dark after 24/48 hrs of darkness.
All great resources for different reasons.

Im a weird one I use a freeze drier when I want to maintain terpenes. With terpenes you can only manage decline once harvested. Cure does not improve that aspect of the bud. But this is all assuming you have terps in the first place.

I agree with the others that genetics plays the vast majority of the role in the possibility of getting a full nose. But you can still ruin good genetics with your grow and get hay.

I grow hydroponically and most veteran aqua dudes will admit that terps are not as good as in a rich biologically active organic soil. So you can steer your grow to maximize but if the genetics are not there nothing you do will matter much.

These comments do not apply to cannabinoids.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Great resources yes, but can you say that Jorge and Ed teach at Universities and are doctorates in their profession? :) I'm not saying it's Bugbee or bust, but when it comes to "science" it doesn't get more scientific than him and his school. The reason why he's so important is because for the first time the government is providing University level funding for this type of research. Never been done before with cannabis.

EDIT: I've heard/read Jorge say some outlandish things in comments on his YT videos as well. He's not a perfect source either.

Top Bottom