Is it really important to flush before harvest?

• Thread starter Emedicen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

See I find it kind of funny in a way because if you take the simple theory of the flushing and how it started with outside growing (unless it’s a greenhouse) technically you get free “” flushes all the time when it rains so it just seems to be a concept that was applied for no actually reason to all forms of gardening.
For me flushing stated in 85 with my ebb and flow. Feed the same clone 1200ppm right up to the harvest and compare to the clone that was flushed 2 days prior.
I don't know anyone whose actually done that themselves that will say flushing doesn't matter.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

For me flushing stated in 85 with my ebb and flow. Feed the same clone 1200ppm right up to the harvest and compare to the clone that was flushed 2 days prior.
I don't know anyone whose actually done that themselves that will say flushing doesn't matter.

sure it matters when you over pump plants full of fertilizer. But it would still taste better and be more potent likely if fed half of that to the end.

growsince79

growsince79

yeah that’s what growers told me about flushing in the 90’s. Pump them full then flush them out at the end for sale.
When we were literally risking our lives to grow- yield mattered. No so much anymore.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Different ball game... so many variables... the largest being the diffence in how the soil holds on to organic or synthetic nutrients.

Its really not applied to all types of gardening. But more so indoor syntheic and thats for a reason.
This is true but back then everything was different but in a general outdoor you have no control so when it rains it flushes”” well unless you live somewhere it doesn’t rain but as the general concept you can see how it been around and applied.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
357A0B1D 6293 4F4F A839 4F1C09C8CEC2

😎

LaVirtue

LaVirtue

I have an ongoing debate with a friend about this. How do you know, for sure, when it’s 10 days out? I actually fertilize until only a few days before the end.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Yes it improves the taste of final product, once i see about 25% amber trichome i flush out with cold not ice water this will help turn pistols after that chop in 10 days if it needs another drink use cold water. Flushing out gets rid of nute build up.

Johnnydw3

Johnnydw3

First post here! Been trolling for years finally signed up (no time with work and kids etc) anyhow I find myself researching flushing every year even tho I tend to just do it cause your “supposed” to however I too read the article by high times a few years back and got me thinking… maybe it’s not so important. I want to believe this cause I often struggle with if i flushed it enough? Did I flush to late (plant won’t uptake the water and have to chop wet) etc… stress myself out big time over this shit lol. But this year I have been more scientific about my thinking… so here goes! Close to harvest I always find myself clipping off samples… when the plant has not been flushed yet… and those are taken sometimes in the evening, morning, mid day etc… (that’s another discussion, when to chop) anyhow in the end I find those samples that were from the plant un-flushed really don’t differ much at all from the final product which is flushed… makes my think it’s prob a good idea to flush but it’s not going to drastically effect the final outcome. So I will continue to flush cause I’m “supposed “ to but if I mess up or am forced to chop early weather or mold etc… I won’t feel so bad.

Kootenay.kid

Kootenay.kid

Flushing is a fool’s errand. Name any other crop of anything that’s flushed. Including naturally. We attempt to emulate nature. But flush away if you can’t sleep without doing it.
you can make yourself feel more proactive and use molasses or other simple plant sugar corn syrup, honey, etc or even juice like apple etc much like what one would do to keep flowers or a christmas tree looking better longer. you can also go online and yell take my money to any of the businesses selling products to help flush and are just these with a fancy label an marked up 10000 times lol

Top Bottom