Is it really important to flush before harvest?

• Thread starter Emedicen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
you ever grow a plant inside that you left long enough to stop taking up nutrients. I have had supposed 9-10 week hybrids still eating at 14 weeks.
I've had better smoke by washing the buds after harvest. Flushing or not it makes for a smoother smoke. Unless the environment is sterile / dust,bugs,hair dirt gets stuck to them sticky parts & washing cleans it up & stops the snap crackle pop making it burn better.

growsince79

growsince79

Weed is grown all over the world you ain't telling me the whole world has the same environment are you?
Different places have different different climates that determine in part how landrace strains evolve. A Colombian grown in New York won't make squat. A indica planted outside in Colombia won't make squat either. You get a 1 foot dwarf that molds and rots. Entirely different types.

If you think weed grows better in the heat try 95 in your tent. I go for lower temp because it makes better bud.

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

yeah they are photo period annuals. The light cycle determines their flowering. Autos are different and developed in the north with less light.

what is your point?
That flushing and cold roots have squat to do with finish it's bro science.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok @Dirtbag you know my stubborn ass so do a brother a solid and ban me from this thread after this post please.

So let's look at the factors that affect nutrient uptake, use and transportation in the plant.

1. Nutrient ratios
2. Light intensity
3. Light spectrum
4. Media
5. Nutrient concentration
6. Temperature air and rootzone
7. Humidity
8. Wind /air movement
9. PH
10. Plant health
11. Mobile and immobile nutrients (act much differently.
12. Nutrient sources (form of the Nutrient used like nitrate or ammonium)
13. Genetics and geographical location they are from)
14.co2 concentration

Need I go on? Now on the short list here mix and match any of the factors.

Eg. I reduce ppm beow 300 to keep a small balanced nutrient because I feel the plant still needs a proper ratio in order to uptake immobile nutrients... im not to concerned or mobile as the plant will move them as it needs.

I also reduce my temps in the last week or 2.

So when I say I find this works for me and @Dirtbag finds that under 100ppm works best for him... which is right? (Sorry for dragging ya into my post lol but all the more reason to ban me from the thread) BOTH are correct... why because it what works for us.

Now why may we see a difference? After some thought I reduce to 300ppm but I also drop my temps reducing uptake.. possibly the same end result.

TLDR: like anything cannabis related I don't believe there is one answer and there is always a scientific answer and just because one is not given does not mean there isn't one.

When you add up all different things that affect nutrients and then take into account how they affect eachother some will see a benefit and some won't... thats my opinion. We will never find one answer that fits all because there isn't one.

@Dirtbag can you do the honors please and save me some sanity.

👋

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Mexico and Hawaii have mountains. The best weed always grows in the mountains where temperatures are cooler.
Way more variables in plants grown in different parts of the world. hours of daylight/ humidity/ temp/ altitude/ latitude / soil / nute's / +++++ then add someone that knows what they're doing anywhere and get good results.

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

Turn your temps to 90 and feed 1500ppm till day 70. Let me know how that works.
Different places have different different climates that determine in part how landrace strains evolve. A Colombian grown in New York won't make squat. A indica planted outside in Colombia won't make squat either. You get a 1 foot dwarf that molds and rots. Entirely different types.

If you think weed grows better in the heat try 95 in your tent. I go for lower temp because it makes better bud.
Straw man🙄

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

If you're going to flush do it with molasses. That's all I have to say

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Ya gotta defoliate more it helps with air circulation and naturally cools the plant.

growsince79

growsince79

Straw man🙄
How long have you been growing? Ever seen and smoked real Colombian weed. Noboby wants to try to grow it here because it wont be very good. Ever visited Colombia or Mexico? It not always hot.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Ok @Dirtbag you know my stubborn ass so do a brother a solid and ban me from this thread after this post please.

So let's look at the factors that affect nutrient uptake, use and transportation in the plant.

1. Nutrient ratios
2. Light intensity
3. Light spectrum
4. Media
5. Nutrient concentration
6. Temperature air and rootzone
7. Humidity
8. Wind /air movement
9. PH
10. Plant health
11. Mobile and immobile nutrients (act much differently.
12. Nutrient sources (form of the Nutrient used like nitrate or ammonium)
13. Genetics and geographical location they are from)
14.co2 concentration

Need I go on? Now on the short list here mix and match any of the factors.

Eg. I reduce ppm beow 300 to keep a small balanced nutrient because I feel the plant still needs a proper ratio in order to uptake immobile nutrients... im not to concerned or mobile as the plant will move them as it needs.

I also reduce my temps in the last week or 2.

So when I say I find this works for me and @Dirtbag finds that under 100ppm works best for him... which is right? (Sorry for dragging ya into my post lol but all the more reason to ban me from the thread) BOTH are correct... why because it what works for us.

Now why may we see a difference? After some thought I reduce to 300ppm but I also drop my temps reducing uptake.. possibly the same end result.

TLDR: like anything cannabis related I don't believe there is one answer and there is always a scientific answer and just because one is not given does not mean there isn't one.

When you add up all different things that affect nutrients and then take into account how they affect eachother some will see a benefit and some won't... thats my opinion. We will never find one answer that fits all because there isn't one.

@Dirtbag can you do the honors please and save me some sanity.

👋

Turns out I can't ban a staff member from participating in the discussion lol, sorry man. You're in it now.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That flushing and cold roots have squat to do with finish it's bro science.

the Dyna Gro testing says it all signals the plant to finish. They also say from testing that giving the bloom with high phosphorous helps limit phosphorous uptake and signals more blooming.

I am not too sure on that last part but I will say I only use grow ratio and my plants bloom weeks longer than most.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Turns out I can't ban a staff member from participating in the discussion lol, sorry man. You're in it now.

not true. He is the voice of reason and truth. Those members are always eventually banned. ;-)

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

How long have you been growing? Ever seen and smoked real Colombian weed. Noboby wants to try to grow it here because it wont be very good. Ever visited Colombia or Mexico? It not always hot.
I think size and flower time while being illegal to grow outdoor have more of a say
How long have you been growing? We all know what follows this....
"My buds are better than yours" or "I've seen your grows" or some other drivel. Flush away bro

Top Bottom