Is it really important to flush before harvest?

• Thread starter Emedicen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

Is this black ash? This is still curing harvested almost 2 weeks ago. Curious?

IMG 20210416 163607412
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Is this black ash? This is still curing harvested almost 2 weeks ago. Curious?
Using my skills of knowing when to leave the room here...

So lots of questions but I'm curious as to you opinion and why on the matter you feel there is a one size fits all answer?

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

Using my skills of knowing when to leave the room here...

So lots of questions but I'm curious as to you opinion and why on the matter you feel there is a one size fits all answer?
There isn't. Everyone here is successfully growing for the most part. I see no issues

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I went to look at the study and clicked on the guys resume his credentials and it came up 404 error none found lol

There is a direct link to the University paper that completed the study, his name is Jonathon Stemeroff.

Let me help you by posting a direct link to the actual study. CLICK HERE

It took me 30 seconds to find the link and open the pdf file. I don't know what you clicked on to cause a 404 error but it obviously wasn't the correct link.

growsince79

growsince79

How do they finish if it's always raining (depleting nutes) and never cold?
I'll repeat myself one more time. ITS NOT ALWAYS HOT IN COLOMBIA. LOOK AT THE WEATHER I POSTED. They finish like this - outside near Medellin. These were grown about 3500' elevation. Seeds were ripe starting to foxtail and will never make what most of us consider decent buds. Above 6000' the buds develop a little better.

Last edited:
ColemanStr

ColemanStr

I thought the same way, how can ''cold'' be good for the the plant, there were no reasons from my perspective.
I am not a biologist though, so maybe it does affect it somehow in a good way. I am an amateur grower, growing only for myself sometimes, in small vases on the window, but usually I prefer to order it from online, because it takes less time this way and the quality is way higher from those which I grow by myself. It was just like a hobby of mine, when I had some free time in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Cold is one of the best things for cannabis in a controlled room, I guess it boils down to if you have the knowledge on how to use it or not. I've been using cold in my growing for 20 years or better, But I'm sure the guys that barely got their feet wet yet with growing will be here to tell me I'm wrong lol. Early in growth temps can be used to control stretch or add it, by maintaining consistent day night temp or making the nights colder or by just doing a cold dump for a couple hours in the morning, it also causes the plant to release or suppresses the release of gibberellin . later in flower you can use cold without questions to produce much higher levels of resin or resin concentration. cold in later flower will also cause the buds retain a much higher terpene content which gives you a much more flavorful and aromatic bud period. Cold can do far more then change the color of leaves lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Cold is one of the best things for cannabis in a controlled room, I guess it boils down to if you have the knowledge on how to use it or not. I've been using cold in my growing for 20 years or better, But I'm sure the guys that barely got their feet wet yet with growing will be here to tell me I'm wrong lol. Early in growth temps can be used to control stretch or add it, by maintaining consistent day night temp or making the nights colder or by just doing a cold dump for a couple hours in the morning, it also causes the plant to release or suppresses the release of gibberellin . later in flower you can use cold without questions to produce much higher levels of resin or resin concentration. cold in later flower will also cause the buds retain a much higher terpene content which gives you a much more flavorful and aromatic bud period. Cold can do far more then change the color of leaves lol
Definitely has an impact when used as you say. I just don't feel like dumping cold water at chop will make any difference at that point.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Definitely has an impact when used as you say. I just don't feel like dumping cold water at chop will make any difference at that point.

I agree with you it doesn't at least in any of my applications, in fact I want the opposite, I want my water to temp to fit in with the bigger picture of what I'm doing. personally I think having the water cold and air temps higher is ass backwards, higher temps in the last few week evaporate everything your trying to gain.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I agree with you it doesn't at least in any of my applications, in fact I want the opposite, I want my water to temp to fit in with the bigger picture of what I'm doing. personally I think having the water cold and air temps higher is ass backwards, higher temps in the last few week evaporate everything your trying to gain.
I also reduce my temps... and the 48 of dark I'm 65f or below.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

In the winter when its nice and cold outside, In the last week ,I'll bring the rooms down to 10c at night easily for pretty much every strain. and still down to 0c for most of them. slowly down to the bottom temp and slowly back up, no sharp adjustment, and maintain a little cooler temp during the day.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Do you see much of a difference with the 48hrs of darkness compared to just cut and hang? ( cut/wash/hang ) I've done it a couple of times and I didn't notice any difference. I even did a side by side with 2 of the same strain and meh....If there was a difference I didn't see it. I have a perfect 2 plants to try it again with twin Gorilla's ready to be harvested next week. I'll post some pics and you can tell me what you see ( if you would please) . My old eye's don't catch the detail, if it improves the end result I'm all for it🥰🥰

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Do you see much of a difference with the 48hrs of darkness compared to just cut and hang? ( cut/wash/hang ) I've done it a couple of times and I didn't notice any difference. I even did a side by side with 2 of the same strain and meh....If there was a difference I didn't see it. I have a perfect 2 plants to try it again with twin Gorilla's ready to be harvested next week. I'll post some pics and you can tell me what you see ( if you would please) . My old eye's don't catch the detail, if it improves the end result I'm all for it🥰🥰
I can't say one way other the other for sure. They way I look at it is its no skin off my butt to do so.i have never tried a comparison that I can say definitely yes or not with clones if the same strain.

Pileit

Pileit

Even though there is some disagreement on this question, there has been alot of great discussion on growing in this thread.. The cold temp discussion is one of them. Sometimes it is worth viewing some of these long threads as i gain some great insight into others growing philosophy.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

See I find it kind of funny in a way because if you take the simple theory of the flushing and how it started with outside growing (unless it’s a greenhouse) technically you get free “” flushes all the time when it rains so it just seems to be a concept that was applied for no actually reason to all forms of gardening.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

See I find it kind of funny in a way because if you take the simple theory of the flushing and how it started with outside growing (unless it’s a greenhouse) technically you get free “” flushes all the time when it rains so it just seems to be a concept that was applied for no actually reason to all forms of gardening.
Different ball game... so many variables... the largest being the diffence in how the soil holds on to organic or synthetic nutrients.

Its really not applied to all types of gardening. But more so indoor syntheic and thats for a reason.

Latest posts

Top Bottom