Is it really important to flush before harvest?

• Thread starter Emedicen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I dont think placebo played much part in my results.

-My crops burned and smoked great for about 17 years straight while I did 2 weeks plain water at the end.

-kept reading on here how flushing was pointless so I tried 3 crops in a row tapering back nutrients at the end, but kept feeding light balanced feeds to the end, pot had burn characteristic problems. Burned out easily in a joint and ashes were dark grey/black. Flavor was ruined halfway through a joint. For numerous strains 3 crops back to back.

-went back to water only finishes and smoke quality improved dramatically again.

Some would say I'm a chronic overfeeder and that explains my need to flush, but I doubt that. I hardly ever go over 1.3ec.
And.. Flushing doesn't remove anything from the plant, it cant, it just prevents it from getting there in the first place.

But the plants take up very little nutes the last two weeks IMO. For me maybe .8ec 4 more times. Maybe only 2-3 times and the last water only. Why would the little bit at the end make so much difference?

it doesn’t. We either fed right or over fed. That’s the only reason for any difference. The plant is an accumulator but not so much at the end.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Try reading the damned study instead of looking to immediately discredit the author.

We don’t smoke tomatoes but we eat them. Zero health issues. Your comparison is kind of irrelevant. Again please name any crop husbanded by man that heads to harvest starved? Please.

Please flush away if you’re so inclined.

What was my comparison? And your analogies make no sense.

My correlation observation was that the 3 times I tried not using straight water for the last week, happened to be the 3 crops that burned like shit. All other crops before and after that burned beautifully.

Anyway idgaf how anyone else grows their weed. I'm just telling you how it is over here. From my personal experience and experiments, weed fed right till the end burns like shit.

Kootenay.kid

Kootenay.kid

I don’t. I grew up in agriculture. I always ask people to name another crop that’s starved before it’s harvested.

Black ash? You don’t dry properly. Period. It’s retained moisture. Not unused nutrients. Plants use it as they take it up.
Im not sure where you are but if your water leaves a black deposit in the ash you seriously need to switch to bottled water. a background in agriculture is great but unless that is in the tobacco industry its apples and oranges because few other plants in agriculture are dried and smoked that makes it completely different and as inhaling is about the fastest way to get anything into the body short of injecting it behooves us to make sure its as clean as possible.

black ash is not moisture its residual elements from the fertilizer that do not completely burn up. think exhaust pipe on an internal combustion engine if it was moisture it would happen on hydrogen powered engines and it doesn't

based upon my experience

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

A1BF194B A1EE 48A8 AFBB E74B371AC64E

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
But the plants take up very little nutes the last two weeks IMO. For me maybe .8ec 4 more times. Maybe only 2-3 times and the last water only. Why would the little bit at the end make so much difference?

it doesn’t. We either fed right or over fed. That’s the only reason for any difference. The plant is an accumulator but not so much at the end.
Whatever. 3 crops out of hundreds doesnt agree with that logic. I'm leaning towards correlation here.

And you know what? I'm gonna "flush" my plants for 3-5 days at the end of this rockwool run, AND I stripped every damn leaf off them TWICE so far in flower.

Don't worry, nobody but me will have to suffer through my "bro-stash"

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

There are peer reviewed studies because when an individual conducts a test they always see the results they want to see.

in fact in a proper medical study the scientist conducting the test may not participate or even know which patients have the placebo as the tester will unwittingly alter the test results.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
There are peer reviewed studies because when an individual conducts a test they always see the results they want to see.

in fact in a proper medical study the scientist conducting the test may not participate or even know which patients have the placebo as the tester will unwittingly alter the test results.

It's tue... initially I saw the results i wanted to see and fooled myself into thinking they burned ok.
This is saying exactly the opposite of flushers . White ash is produced by mineral rich soil and black ash by mineral depleted soil. Why do flushers say nutes cause black ash?

That's not what it's saying at all.. Holy shit guys, this is saying nutritionally deprived plants burn poorly. Try leaving out magnesium and potassium and see how your weed burns. NOTHING to do with how it's finished.

When do tobacco farmers apply the last dose of fertilizer before harvest?

Kootenay.kid

Kootenay.kid

This is saying exactly the opposite of flushers . White ash is produced by mineral rich soil and black ash by mineral depleted soil. Why do flushers say nutes cause black ash?
because there are a lot of misconceptions in this industry and they are harder to kill than hitler. these myths and such are along the same lines as the comment "its ok my friends an electrician" people who have worked in a shop will get that lol

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

because the forums and guides are full of mis-information and conjecture. And there are no yes or no answers to these kinds of questions. It depends on many variables is always the answer to all these arguments.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
lol, so... where do i sign up to be the tester. i am willing to partake and inform!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It's tue... initially I saw the results i wanted to see and fooled myself into thinking they burned ok.

That's not what it's saying at all.. Holy shit guys, ths saying nutritionally deprived plants burn poorly. Try leaving out magnesium and potassium and see how your wedding burns. NOTHING to do with how it's finished.

good question there. I will have to investigate when.

Question. When you tried pbp grow all through did you stop 2 weeks before the end. Cause that was when you kept showing pics of your super white ash joints all the time.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
good question there. I will have to investigate when.

Question. When you tried pbp grow all through did you stop 2 weeks before the end. Cause that was when you kept showing pics of your super white ash joints all the time.

I did 2 crops with no flush and 1 with using pbp. The ones with no flush required blue horse blanket zig zags to burn properly and white. And I only had 1 strain that burned clean no matter what I did to it... RIP Platinum cookies😔

Kootenay.kid

Kootenay.kid

Whatever. 3 crops out of hundreds doesnt agree with that logic. I'm leaning towards correlation here.

And you know what? I'm gonna "flush" my plants for 3-5 days at the end of this rockwool run, AND I stripped every damn leaf off them TWICE so far in flower.

Don't worry, nobody but me will have to suffer through my "bro-stash"

Rockwool really requires good flushing, more than any other medium the salt build up is vast ( I mean during when changing the nute solution ) Rockwool gardeners have to have skills most other growers don't have imo

Kootenay.kid

Kootenay.kid

because the forums and guides are full of mis-information and conjecture. And there are no yes or no answers to these kinds of questions. It depends on many variables is always the answer to all these arguments.

also depends on the circle you run in, the gardeners tend to stick with the way they were taught so you get a group of people who all think one way and nothing changes their mind. Usually until there is a catastrophe lol. Advanced nutrients capitalized on that making a product for every myth and misconception, at the same time as making some really good essential products

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

That's not what it's saying at all.. Holy shit guys, this is saying nutritionally deprived plants burn poorly. Try leaving out magnesium and potassium and see how your weed burns. NOTHING to do with how it's finished.

That's exactly what it's says don't try to pull a fast one. It says less minerals produce black ash. You said not flushing produces black ash. Those contradict each other and your anecdotal evidence is just that. I'm still trying to figure out who invented flushing because nature didn't.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I did 2 crops with no flush and 1 with using pbp. The ones with no flush required blue horse blanket zig zags to burn properly and white. And I only had 1 strain that burned clean no matter what I did to it... RIP Platinum cookies😔

well if one strain burned clean no matter what you should be able to figure out what you did to the others so they wouldn’t.

I thought I remember you feeding the pbp to the end for the white ash. You were so surprised at the time. It was the dirtbag shed thread or something.

Top Bottom