Is it really important to flush before harvest?

• Thread starter Emedicen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Winner. It was invented to speed up the process by lazy growers

So when it rains the ground gets depleted of nutes? Or is it the cold that depletes the nutes?

cold makes it hard or impossible for plants to uptake nutrients. The bro science reason for the flush was to mimic nature and force the plant into faded fall colors.

but we have control indoors and can grow plants faster and even to greater potency.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Winner. It was invented to speed up the process by lazy growers

So when it rains the ground gets depleted of nutes? Or is it the cold that depletes the nutes?
Rain will wash a significant amount of available nutrients from the soil. This why organics is a big deal outdoors and why everyone screams synthetic nutrients are polluting ground water, lakes and streams. Even high amounts of organics can do the same once broken down in available nutrients. Ever drink from a well close to a hog farm?

The cold weather in fall slows the plants metabolism and reduces nutrient uptake... just like a cold blooded animal.

So it's both.

ColemanStr

ColemanStr

cold makes it hard or impossible for plants to uptake nutrients. The bro science reason for the flush was to mimic nature and force the plant into faded fall colors.

but we have control indoors and can grow plants faster and even to greater potency.
I thought the same way, how can ''cold'' be good for the the plant, there were no reasons from my perspective.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I thought the same, how can ''cold'' be good for the the plant, there were no reasons from my perspective.

for those who get paid for colorful purple flowers cold helps bring out the most color. I can’t think of another reason.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Rain will wash a significant amount of available nutrients from the soil. This why organics is a big deal outdoors and why everyone screams synthetic nutrients are polluting ground water, lakes and streams. Even high amounts of organics can do the same once broken down in available nutrients. Ever drink from a well close to a hog farm?

The cold weather in fall slows the plants metabolism and reduces nutrient uptake... just like a cold blooded animal.

So it's both.

I thought you left this discussion 🙄
🤣

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

So it's both.
Explain the life cycle of a equatorial sativa and how their able to finish.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

In late flower if one knows how to properly inject cold in their room it can do far more then change the color of your plants,

growsince79

growsince79

I don't really know what your asking. In Colombia, the lowland weed never finishes nearly as good as the crops grown in the cooler mountain air. They finish by making loose seeded buds.

Last edited:
Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

I don't really know what your asking. In Colombia, the lowland weed never finishes nearly as good as the crops grown in the cooler mountain air. They finish by making loose seeded buds.
How do they finish if it's always raining (depleting nutes) and never cold?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

some don’t ever finish. Some just grow for years as I read it. Kind of half flowering.

but most strains do. Cannabis is an annual.

growsince79

growsince79

How do they finish if it's always raining (depleting nutes) and never cold?
The plants are adapted to grow in poor soil with very little nutes. It gets pretty cold there. I posted the weather for you to see. Does your grow room get in the 40s at night?

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

some don’t ever finish. Some just grow for years as I read it. Kind of half flowering.

but most strains do. Cannabis is an annual.
Exactly an annual a photoperiod. That's what finishes them.... days. Not cold or nutrient depletion. Those just affect how they finish
The plants are adapted to grow in poor soil with very little nutes. It gets pretty cold there. I posted the weather for you to see. Does your grow room get in the 40s at night?
How about Mexico? Hawaii?

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
the plant will stop taking the nutrients - inside or out, with or without adding things, without you there at all or with you on top of the whole process, it just stops taking any in. it knows it is dying (hormones) and the only imperative is procreation, so it puts it all into flowering in hopes of being fertilized any moment...

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Exactly an annual a photoperiod. That's what finishes them.... days. Not cold or nutrient depletion. Those just affect how they finish

yeah they are photo period annuals. The light cycle determines their flowering. Autos are different and developed in the north with less light.

what is your point?

growsince79

growsince79

Mexico and Hawaii have mountains. The best weed always grows in the mountains where temperatures are cooler.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

the plant will stop taking the nutrients - inside or out, with or without adding things, without you there at all or with you on top of the whole process, it just stops taking any in. it knows it is dying (hormones) and the only imperative is procreation, so it puts it all into flowering in hopes of being fertilized any moment...

you ever grow a plant inside that you left long enough to stop taking up nutrients. I have had supposed 9-10 week hybrids still eating at 14 weeks.

Top Bottom