Is my crop too dry?

• Thread starter NrthTaylor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

How does an oven and a scale tell me the moisture content %?

Take 1 gram of bud and bake it so it is completely dry without combusting or burning it, weigh it again. Measure the difference, for example, if it weighs .85 grams now you know it had about .15 grams moisture which is 15% moisture content.

I think that's how it's done lol

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Wanna know why nobody else gives 2 shits about this argument?
Because, that good weed we all grow gets consumed, or shared with friends, in a normal time period. Year or 2 at the most.
Then we grow more.

once the cure is complete, it doesn’t get better, it’s not wine.

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

Everyone except one person knows that. It shouldn't be an argument at all. Tasty Buds and only Tasty Buds has the ability to make buds last forever. The rest of us don't know how to cure.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Not saying it couldn’t be preserved in perfect conditions and slow down decomposition, and extend shelf life. but who wants to 💨 fossilized cannabis?

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Bet @Tasty Buds food storage is stuffed with cans of cambels years past best before. 😂

Last edited:
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Not saying I wouldn’t eat expired soup. 😂
Or pass some vintage with @Tasty Buds. 👊

TSD

TSD

Wanna know why nobody else gives 2 shits about this argument?
Because, that good weed we all grow gets consumed, or shared with friends, in a normal time period. Year or 2 at the most.
Then we grow more.

I agree, it hits a peak cure after a few months of curing and it starts to go the other way after so long. I only have a taste here and there until it's at least a month cured. I could never just keep it in jars for years, but I also don't have the ability to grow pounds and have enough to last that long. I grow it to smoke it, but that's just me🤷‍♀️

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Every molecule has a rate at which it breaks down, that's just scientific fact. Sure you can slow the process under perfect conditions... but it's still going to break down at a certain rate regardless. I don't disbelieve he had good weed that was years old, but did he have tested both pre and post storage? If not, that proves nothing, it could have been ridiculously high to begin with. I think ya'll should agree to disagree lol.
Excellent point, and that was a great point. No I haven't gotten my oldest batch tested.
I've noticed no decrease in potency, but there very well could be.
I still would like to see a scientific study on the topic.
They have found seeds from plants in the Russian permafrost (idk exactly how old they were, but they were able to sprout them) Yes it was probably flash frozen, but thoes seeds were still viable..
My situation is also unique. How many people could hold themselves back from using cured bud for that long?
Light, heat, air WILL all turn buf brown, and crumbly.
If keep from the elements that would degrade THC, why would it degrade?
If after a good cure, and left in jars that some MAY have been opened a couple minutes every year, or two, then sealed air tight again, what elements would cause THC to degrade? My bud is still excellent, and notice no difference in potency (that doesn't mean there hasn't been), as like TSD said, I have not had it tested since..
I would like to see 1 scientific study. I haven't been able to find anything but opinions from magazine's, or theories.
Until then it would be presumptuous to assume anything either way.
Because I say so doesn't make it true. On the other hand the same is true from the majority of you that say THC has to degrade.
Yes THC will degrade if conditions are poor, or not perfect.
All I can say is my bud is still excellent! Has it dropped a couple % of THC? Possibly, but until I have it tested, nobody knows.
***UNLESS someone can show me the science in my situation

That 79 guy...Has anyone ever met, recieved, or smoked with him?

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

In the end there is no way I could keep bud that long! Smoke that shit! Hash it! Whatever! It does no one any good sitting in a jar for years
That kind of makes my point lol.
The next opportunity I get I will have a few batches tested.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Here's the only scientific study I was able to find.
It was 5 year old bud.
However the study wasn't set up to be studied. I haven't finished reading myself. From what I've read so far, it seems bud stored in an IDEAL location (not in someone's draw) still had the majority of terps...ah, let me read. I don't want to give a conclusion to something I haven't fully checked out.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I agree, it hits a peak cure after a few months of curing and it starts to go the other way after so long. I only have a taste here and there until it's at least a month cured. I could never just keep it in jars for years, but I also don't have the ability to grow pounds and have enough to last that long. I grow it to smoke it, but that's just me🤷‍♀️
Check out this study. Not completely scientific...I'm still reading myself

Farmer88

Farmer88

[/QUOTE]
What are people using to get the moisture content of their flower? I've read people use hardwood moisture readers, if someone could link me a good one for flower Itd be much appreciated.

Use a moisture meter intended for hop flowers. Hops and canabis are cousins and dry and cure similarly.

Last edited:
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

66% of terps remained intact, and thr jars were exposed to light for all that time.
So, I stand by my assumption. My weed is just as good today, as the day it was put away in ideal conditions.
I posted pics of it, and it still has it's smell, it tastes just as good as ever, and my purp strains remained purple.
This is the best/oldest, but not very good study I could find

Latest posts

Top Bottom