Is she dying or worth to keep going?

• Thread starter abrakota
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
abrakota

abrakota

Hi guys, this my first post here, thanks in advance for any help and advice!

I clearly have a problem here and definitely need your advises!
The plant (Amnezia haze autoflower) is one month old now and i had problems with the soil, after some feedings i checked the runoff and the EC was very high,
actually the meter was reading the maximum that it could!
My feedings was 1/2 of the recommended (GH flora series - gro-bloom-micro), so i realized that something was going wrong with the soil!
I decided to transplant it to a new pot with new soil!
Check the pics below, do you thing is there any chance for the plant, or is it dying?
I feed with ph 6,2 and EC around 1ms/cm
Temp 22oC and humidity 45%
She is growing under Marshydro TS600 in a small closet!

Is she dying or worth to keep going 2

Is she dying or worth to keep going

Trixie

Trixie

Looks like your plants are suffering from water issues. When you up-potted to a larger pot you raised the water volume in the root zone. The bigger pot is taking more water now. Don't keep the soil wet, let the top inch or 2 dry before watering. Using too much hard water with a high ppm will almost always cause water spots on the leaves from the cell bursting from overexposure to impurities,. No need for fertilizer, because it will only make it worse.

abrakota

abrakota

Thanks for your replies guys!

I transplanted 2 days ago, and still the soil is wet! i checked again the runoff some minutes ago and i still have huge EC 3.45
I think i need to flush asap!
I use RO water mixed with a little bit of tap so i get 0.15 EC without nutes!

abrakota

abrakota

Quick update guys, i finished flushing and i ended up with EC 0.5 from 3.45!
Do you think it will take days to see the results?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
why are you ph’ing in soil with organic nutrients?
if your using ph up and down that is a chemical that is killing the method of your grow..
anyhoo, looks to be a watering too frequently, light too close issue.. maybe couple other minor things..

abrakota

abrakota

Due to my tap is giving very hard water and with high ph (7.8-8.0), thats the reason i use RO, i need to correct my ph with 3-4 drops of ph down!
Do you think that my runoff water shows too much nutrients isnt an issue?
I say that because i really water my plant 2 times per week until now (i keep also log of everything i ve done!)
I thought about the light distance also, but its about 40cm (~15inch) above the tops), so is not a problem imo!
I dont know, lets see if after the flushing things will change.. i hope!
Thanks anyways!

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

Idk she might be having a hard time drying back enough in the terra-cotta pot but that’s just my opinion I know with well aerated soil you would be fine looks like that’s all in conjunction with the high ec runoff if you don’t see results in a week I would try adding more perlite or something similar if you want to stick with the clay pot 👍

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
if your growing organically than it does not matter what you water ph is.. because growing organically ph’s the medium already, but with adding the chemical ph up/down you’ve kill that source so you have to ph now..
just a note for next time..
also beyond your issues, you have to let the plant just grow without you interfering all the time.. you took a sickish plant transplanted 2 days ago and watered, now a flush today.. geezus..

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

plant take up the nutrients they need as they need it in soil, in hydro plants are taking up nutrients as they need water so easy to over do it but less so in soil. but try to do organic fert for your run hydro nutes kill microbes in soil

abrakota

abrakota

I am not very experienced grower, but i ve done it successfully twice and this my third attempt!
I am using those ferts of GH without issues and i thought it was good choice! these are good for soil and i have the "soft water" version for soil!
Now i am in 1 month of this grow, what you think, should i change the ferts now? And if yes, what should i use?
As i said before i flushed today, do you think is this enough fo the plant to recover, o should i do something more?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I am not very experienced grower, but i ve done it successfully twice and this my third attempt!
I am using those ferts of GH without issues and i thought it was good choice! these are good for soil and i have the "soft water" version for soil!
Now i am in 1 month of this grow, what you think, should i change the ferts now? And if yes, what should i use?
As i said before i flushed today, do you think is this enough fo the plant to recover, o should i do something more?
just do as your doing it works fine, i’d just let them be, it’ll be a 4-6 days probably before watering again, so see than what’s happening and until than just makesure her environment etc is ideal and no touchy feely with them..

Last edited:
Happyreefing

Happyreefing

Just let her vibe for a few days of nothing but happy environment ✌️ she’ll take hold before you know keep your nutes it’s just not organic it’s 1/2 and 1/2 I just did this myself in soil and am drying her now it worked with pretty great results , I’m talking about mixing GH ph up and down with organics for your water source , people do it successfully just let her tell you man I think she just stressed and maybe had some high EC for a few waters . Hope she turns you out some champ size colas ✌️

abrakota

abrakota

Thanks for advises guys,
imo it was wrong to feed back to back 3 days after previous feeding (even if the strength was in 1/2), thats why probably after transplanting i was still taking high numbers of EC, so flushing was oneway road after this!
Now for sure i will stop doing anything but keeping an eye on her couple of times per day!
Btw the pot is plastic 🥺 but next time i will make an upgrade 😁
In this small closet i had very good results on previous grow, with white widow auto, here is some pics for you..

IMG 20211002 231137

IMG 20211004 230130
IMG 20211106 000511

IMG 20211118 110918 1
IMG 20211121 132341

Top Bottom