Is The Price For Legal Marijuana In Colorado Too High?

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fractal

fractal

my buddy had that exact same SkyGlass brand bong in high school it was awesome! He somehow found and cashed in, $30,000 in savings bonds and we would go to the head shop every day and then go buy an ounce every day. All summer long. Ended up with about $10,000 in glass smashed and buried in the yard when his mom found out.

FiveAM

FiveAM

my buddy had that exact same SkyGlass brand bong in high school it was awesome! He somehow found and cashed in, $30,000 in savings bonds and we would go to the head shop every day and then go buy an ounce every day. All summer long. Ended up with about $10,000 in glass smashed and buried in the yard when his mom found out.

Oh damn. That's a wild and crazy summer!

inthegorge

inthegorge

I am no expert on any of this but I do know that CO opened their shops with less supply than WA will. CO licensed recreational shops before they licensed recreational growers so the supply they started with was all originally intended for medical. Here in WA state the growers will be licensed before the retail shops so there is actually something for the retail shops to sell which makes much more sense to me. As someone that has applied for my legal grow license here I am calculating on a meager $1000 per lb for our products, mainly so that I won't have any ugly surprises that I cannot budget for but expect the price to growers to be around $1500 per lb but again....nothing is written in stone and it all depends on the retail shops and what they are willing to spend at first. I am starting a growers association here in our county with all the other growers that have applied for a license so that we at least have some small solidarity and am working on a statewide growers association so that we can stand as strong on pricing as we can.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Rec shops and rec grow facilities were licensed at the same time because the licenses are exclusively tied together right now...but we actually had our warehouse finalized for recreational before the dispensary was, still have to sit and wait for the retail dispensary license to be finalized before you can do much of anything..if you take $1500/lb from a retail outlet you are getting screwed royally and you will be outta biz in a week or at least after your first flip..Washington has a few painful years ahead of it just like Colorado had and hashobby/basement growers will not be able to play, no way to keep up with the guys burning 1000's of lights...like I said before, you need a 300 lights burning in flower to even remotely be in a position to consider retail, otherwise you'll be open for a couple days and them close the doors until your next harvest comes in a couple months down the line..right now in Denver there are people that are sellin 3 months worth of edibles, based on their historical sales, in 1 hour..very few have a supply chain that can even come close to keepin people stocked for retail..40-50lbs per day is not unrealistic to see happening right now out here..wholesale prices are goin up a couple hundred bucks a day, every day, we are already hittin $2600-2800 and moving to $3000/lb on 5 packs with the quickness....at $1700.00 I could sell 100+ lbs a day no problem, you would probably have a harder time because at that price people will think there is something wrong with it and shy away...at $2500 people will be standing in line to get it

inthegorge

inthegorge

I can buy a lb of very good quality here in WA state or in Portland right now for $1600 all day long on the "medical" market. Some people ask for $2000 but they have trouble finding buyers and sit on their product sometimes for months:-// Colorado did not open its retail market with 2700 growers all in full production as a supply chain for all those stores. They also only opened with less than 50 shops where we will be starting out with the full contingent of 334 retail outlets. Personally I doubt the retail market here will see anything like the prices people are paying in CO but of course I could be wrong. I do not know how this will all pan out in the legal market here in WA state but if I make $1000 an lb I can make it just fine and a good living at that for myself and my partners and that will be great:-) The worse case scenario for us here it that there will be a glut with more product available than buyers and that would be a problem for me and most of the other growers as well. In about 5 months we will have the answer as to how it all goes down and I am as excited as a person can be!

inthegorge

inthegorge

That is your opinion:-) I don't see how my hopes of $1000 per lb is that much different than someone getting $1600 for an lb here by one of the "medical" growers selling illegally that are doing a great job with their product but have to look over their shoulder, can't claim the income, have to worry about being detected etc. I can grow volume which makes a difference in how much I need to make to be profitable. I don't have to be a billionaire to do well in this industry and if I do make more than $1000 a lb my business plan is in even better shape than I have projected which would be wonderful. My projections are just so that I can meet my obligations taking on a new business like this and move forward in the black but I personally do not think my projection will be that far off especially after the market stabilizes in a year or two here where I live. I would like to add that I am also a consumer and I want to be able to go to a shop and get a great product for a reasonable price myself. I have always operated on the Pig principle....remember I am old school. Pig principle is basically that when you get too greedy something is going to come and bite you in the ass and you really should be in a different line of work. My twisted "carma" logic no doubt:-/ To be honest I think legal weed should be available to the masses for a reasonable amount of money and that is part of the history I want to be a part of:-) The fact that I get to do something I want, no bosses, and can make an adequate income for myself and my family just makes me incredibly lucky and blessed!

CalyxSmokr

CalyxSmokr

Seems like prices are creeping up here in San Diego. More and more $60 eighths. I expected the opposite with harvest season alone

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Was just watching SubCool on Weed Nerds, he was bitching b/c CA has plenty of weed but, they can't sell it to CO...:rolleyes:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You got that right. I will never grow that shit out again. I've never seen anything foxtail like that one did on me. Nothing else in my outdoor organic garden did that, has EVER done that. But hey! At least it didn't hermie on me, right? ;)

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
You got that right. I will never grow that shit out again. I've never seen anything foxtail like that one did on me. Nothing else in my outdoor organic garden did that, has EVER done that. But hey! At least it didn't hermie on me, right? ;)
I'm a retard here, what does this mean...:sorry:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I grew out some Jillybean this year, first time in many years that I've run any Subcool genetics. I'm sorry I dedicated an entire bed to this crap. That's what that means. Cuz I hate trimming in the first place, but trimming blown out foxtails...? Fuck that shit. But like I said, at least it didn't hermie on me! :D

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I grew out some Jillybean this year, first time in many years that I've run any Subcool genetics. I'm sorry I dedicated an entire bed to this crap. That's what that means. Cuz I hate trimming in the first place, but trimming blown out foxtails...? Fuck that shit. But like I said, at least it didn't hermie on me! :D
I bought a bunch of breeder packs of his gear, from a Disp about a year ago and every time I go to pop new beans, I always seem to skip over Sub's Gear, I just keep hearing more and more bad Shit about his gear, SO I just popped a bunch of Sour Bubble,Archive Seeds Hell Raiser OG, and some OGR, White Romulan...:cigar:

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

I've grown a few of Sub's gear and what I found was this. If you want a MJ plant that takes great pics and had loads of bag appeal but absolutely NO POTENCY then grab a few packs of his gear. If you want true dankness that has the power the looks tell you it has...look somewhere else IME. MGG

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I've grown a few of Sub's gear and what I found was this. If you want a MJ plant that takes great pics and had loads of bag appeal but absolutely NO POTENCY then grab a few packs of his gear. If you want true dankness that has the power the looks tell you it has...look somewhere else IME. MGG
MGG Good to hear from ya Bro, ya that's what I keep hearing, I just keep skipping over the TGA, Oh well someday I may try out that gear that I bought,...:cigar:

Jboys3

Jboys3

Here in WA all mmj folks are about to get dumped on and the taxes on rec are going to be thru the roof. They're starting off with the same price as CO it looks like, $40 per 1/8 before tax; but are planning on taxing on mulitple levels. We're expecting rec prices to be around $60 per 1/8. But then again, the LCB still hasn't figured out who's going to be allowed to supply the rec market and they're targeting medical first.
I can hardly wait...Perhaps those card holders will cross the river and purchase quality meds for a decent price.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Was just watching SubCool on Weed Nerds, he was bitching b/c CA has plenty of weed but, they can't sell it to CO...:rolleyes:
LOL about no cali weed reaching colorado as i know for a fact there are colorado buyers here looking right now,black market knows no borders and at half price or close its worth it for them.

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

MGG Good to hear from ya Bro, ya that's what I keep hearing, I just keep skipping over the TGA, Oh well someday I may try out that gear that I bought,...:cigar:
Def not tryin to talk shit about the man or his genetics...don't know him and have only grown a few of his strains but seems like the only thing I've smoked from his gear that was worth a fuck was some Chernobyl I was gifted yrs ago. The Marion Berry Kush they just put out caught my eye as I really would love to find a Raspberry Kush phenol...but again I just had to pass. Too much other top notch gear on the menu right now. Always good to see ya round the boards bro. MGG

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

Everyone talks shit about Sub and TGA but I've come out with some great phenos from popping their seeds. Deep Purple, Vortex, Plushberry, Marionberry Kush, and Dairy Queen have all produced amazing plants for me. And they're definitely not lacking in potency. I've got Conspiracy Kush coming up in this next run that I'm pretty stoked about. And people seriously bitching about hermis? Show me a seed company producing feminized seeds that isn't going to have a few hermies here and there. In fact I just ran a whole pack of the White Master Kush from OG Raskal, got 7 females from 10 seeds, 4 hermi'd on me and seeded quite a few plants in that run. You know what though? That's what you gamble with when gambling with seeds, especially feminized seeds! I still found a killer keeper pheno from that White Master Kush run too; so i'm not bitchin. I'm not saying every breeder out there knows what they're doing but TGA isn't as bad as people make them out to be.

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

As someone that has applied for my legal grow license here I am calculating on a meager $1000 per lb for our products,

have you actually been issued a license? or are you in the application phase still?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I had to cull all my TGA gear, I would have to get twice what I do for others to offset the crap yields and poor quality...not commercially friendly genetics at all..maybe knockin out a closet for some headstash but if your trying to make money I would stay away...

Top Bottom