Is The Price For Legal Marijuana In Colorado Too High?

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

johnny prince

Michigan is an absolute fucking joke right now the GOP and Syder at the wheel , Syder and the GOP already hit the iceberg, their ship is taking on water, Syder toes are getting wet but they just don't think MMJ Voters this fall in Michigan will get out and vote them to the bottom of the Sea, it's coming you NERD it's coming :finger:

ya we NEED granholm back . best 8 years in the history of michigan !!!!!!!!
ill wait for the caveats and excuses now hehehehehehehe

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Seriously? I am definitely not a he and I got no dick dude! Can you people not read? I have applied for my license to grow legal weed in WA state which apparently here is something to be despised by some of you! I am not "growing" any at this moment. I am almost done with the licensing process and expect to open with the lights on mid to end February. My "projections" in my business plan in order to be reasonably profitable for this business is with the expectation of $1000 per lb as a grower here. That is my PROJECTION, a minimum that I think I will get for an lb! I certainly hope that the market will bear a higher margin of profit for me and expect to make more on the lines of $1600 per lb but the $1000 is the "PROJECTION" that I used to make sure I can make it with the amount of money that is going into the operation. Any family member of mine will be well reimbursed for their time and you do not need to worry about that as none of them are in any way shape or form. I am not looking to become a millionaire here folks....just a lovely lovely job that hopefully will take some of my family members out of 9-5 jobs that they find no joy in and so my husband does not have to work at a hard laborers job any longer than he has to before he and I retire and leave this business to my daughters.

JP....in answer to your questions, I have a 100'x100' foot outdoor area fenced with 8'sight blocking fence as required by the state of WA. That is 1000 sq. ft of out door growing area in literally the warmest climate in the most southern part of central WA. I hope to grow 70 gigantic plants. They get huge here in the summer, and that is no exaggeration. 7 lb per plant is normal for my partner but a couple of years he averaged 10 and he doesn't even start them outside until the very end of May or the first of June! No it isn't indoor chronic but it is damn good depending on the strain and wonderful to smoke. My favorite of his specific strains is Eve and she is lovely outside and huge. Do you know how easy it is to grow outside? It is not a big deal to take care of 70 outdoor plants all by my 58 year old self. Water, food, there really is nothing else to do. Harvest...now that is another story. With that much poundage it is a freaking major job. We look at getting a bud trimming machine like the twister.
This is a new business. I am a new business start up. If any of you swinging dicks had the chance I have in front of me every single one of you would jump on it. Why on earth so many of you turn this into some sort of personal thing with me as the bad guy I cannot understand? Hopefully you will have the same opportunity where you live soon and if you need some help I will have many of the answers because of the process that I am going through. I won't be a dick about helping you out either if you reach out and that you can count on! To me this is the opportunity of my lifetime and I have already had a wonderful life so that is saying something. The conversation started as a question as to whether the price of legal weed in CO is too high......I am hoping that here in WA state when you ask the question it will be no...it is a good price for a wonderful product and guess what????? I will be a part of it....a tiny little part of it, but part of it nonetheless. That is absolutely exciting for me and none of the nay saying here can change that one little bit:)
In a few years when Cali gets legal, I just want to work for someone like you!;)
I just want to take care of plants..getting paid for it would be awesome
No trimming flowers though..I dont trim

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
ya we NEED granholm back . best 8 years in the history of michigan !!!!!!!!
ill wait for the caveats and excuses now hehehehehehehe

Granholm, she can take her and that Mole and head back to Canada A, I have no use for that Bitch, but I can tell ya this, if that Train wreck was GOV at the time of the MMMA passing in Mi then we probably would still have the right to have Co op growing, Disp, people would not be fighting to keep their kids just b/c they have the card...;)

J

johnny prince

Granholm, she can take her and that Mole and head back to Canada A, I have no use for that Bitch, but I can tell ya this, if that Train wreck was GOV at the time of the MMMA passing in Mi then we probably would still have the right to have Co op growing, Disp, people would not be fighting to keep their kids just b/c they have the card...;)

difficult to agree with you . granholm was in office from 2003 to 2011 . mmma was passed in 2008 . she was in office when mmma passed . every person with a card can have 12 plants in michigan , why do you even feel you need co ops ?, seems nothing would be enough for you .

there are very few cases of people fighting to keep their kids b/c they have a card . in m opinion no one should be put thru that , its ridiculous . however there will always be a few bad cases in any administration , dem or rep . and honestly i cant believer there are still people that still think that there is any difference between the 2 parties . both paid off by same interests , both putting actors in suits up to confuse the gullible .

FiveAM

FiveAM

@johnny prince you say some extremely one sided things and then back it up with a defense with someone who even slightly disagrees with you.

Please don't give her credit for something that the people voted into law, not a politician. And saying the best 8 years in Michigan is a far stretch, and an extreme thing to say.

Just because a turd was in office when the MMMP laws went through, doesn't make them any better then the shit sandwich that's there now.

Because if all you look at are marijuana laws and how they are handled in this state, then you are doing yourself a grave injustice and need to do some RESEARCH and not just listen or read your side of the agenda laden stories.

fractaLz

fractaLz

Short-term I see the big $$ taking control, but long-term I see no reason why people aren't going to want a quality product... If you look at the trend of organically grown produce/products since 2000, grocery stores nationwide have seen their biggest increase in sales year-over-year with organic related products NOT Monsanto and other GMO's.

As consumers become more educated, which they will, they are going to want a better product. Just look at high-end retail since 2008, their sales held together while regular retailers crashed. There is ALWAYS demand for the best of anything. There is no way that some 100,000 sq. ft. facility is going to turn out dank like a craftsman with 20 lights, your NEVER going to convince me. Machine-trimmed herb is for the birds, I like my trichomes intact thank you! Making extracts from machine-trimmed herb is ALWAYS inferior to that of quality hand-trimmed herb.

We also seem to forget that the best genetics are already in the hands of the true-herbsman. Are they all just going to stop making new strains and take their libraries that have been built for the last 30+ years and toss them? Me thinks not. These people have bled, gone to prison, lost family/friends all so they could protect their relationship with the sacred herb. These $$ men don't have an ounce of the same passion and dedication. That passions carries over to the end product, just as in wine-making, brewing beer, wood working, painting, etc.

The baby boomers control all the wealth in this country right now. They also happen to be the demographic that is seeing the largest increase in Cannabis consumption. Once they figure out what they are smoking is crap, your going to have a huge demand for quality products. Just look at food trends like farmers markets, locavore, etc.

There are only 5.2 million people in Colorado, and not very many people in surrounding states. OBVIOUSLY their market was set to tank like no other. If you look at Cali, 38 million people, the high-end producers are still pulling in money hand-over-fist. So you also have to consider the demographics of where you set up shop, just like any other business.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
i thought this shit was about COLORADO prices..... i guess thats just my frustration..... peoples ability to read a thread title.
I can change the title and then the discussion about WA would fit. :) Not many threads from WA folks, so I can see why those who are interested in what's happening there might want in on the discussion where it's actually happening.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
:rolleyes:

why dont you make a list of the posts you think should be deleted

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
talk about a double ended blade right there....

you'll change it to your liking if its off track, delete posts, warn people, but if its off track and YOU want to keep talking you'll just change the name????

wow..... just wow. you should delete all unrelated colorado retail price posts, as you do in every other thread off track.

come on, MOD

yeah, its actually happening HERE IN COLORADO. does washington have retail open yet? whats the pricing????

(insert foot in mouth here):banghead:
Excuse me? What exactly has you so twisted at this moment? That I offered to change the thread title so YOU wouldn't be so upset and go on the attack?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I understand that you think the two are completely unrelated, but I don't. Either way, the conversation has morphed, and the only posts I personally have deleted are the ones that are straight up personal attacks.

I'm sorry it bothers you that I may change thread titles, usually my goal is to make something more easily searchable, but usually the OP has requested the change. FWIW, I was trying to please you and others by the offer of title change, not myself. I have no vested interest in anything being discussed here, I am paying much closer attention to what's happening in my state and locally.

However, I LOVE seeing others succeed, especially American-style (small or individual business owners putting out the best they possibly can), and to that end I am enjoying keeping up on these discussions regarding other states, and I've been following it since the measures were put on each state's ballots.

I'm pretty sure I already answered the question, too. Is the price too high? Not for those willing to pay it. :D

inthegorge

inthegorge

no, my point was that you think its okay to change a title "thread" just so the off banter can be incorporated into the non topic discussions at hand.

where as in other threads, youve moved posts, re arranged, deleted, and done everything in your power to NOT do what you're saying you will, keeping the threads and stuff on track.

while this may be related, the title says "IS THE PRICE FOR LEGAL MARIJUANA IN COLORADO TOO HIGH" and we somehow got into WA person talking about whoring out b grade weed.

someone from WA should make a thread about what COULD BE, cause its not for sale there yet, nor do you know any of the prices. but you shouldnt CHANGE A THREAD about tons of other people just so it can elaborate on hypotheticals that not only arent related but arent even THERE YET

so i guess im just wondering where you biased is based on???? you can kink any other off discussion but this one is worth ruining the original posters intentions and questions for the sake of someone saying they have more money,funds,resources to take everyone else out of business, that isnt even a retail model for colorado, or talking about legal colorado pricing, or anything of the such.

do whats right, like you always do. delete the unrelated posts or move em to a new thread, but just cause youre a mod i dont think you should be able to change whatever you want so it fits. this conversation is off track 100000% and if you dont see it its because you have some invested interest in what may be talked about.... and i know you're not in CO so that can make sense..... whch is a shame to me.

It would seem that you have a selective way of reading a thread. I was not the first person to mention recreational sales in WA state in this thread but it would seem absolutely logical that the only 2 states in the country that have legalized weed would be compared in some way in this conversation and that is not off the thread topic at all. Comments are also about Michigan but you are not calling out that as an issue. Looks like more to the point you have an issue with MY comments particularly? Perhaps you should just ask the mod to delete my posts and then you can have a happy day or maybe there is a button where you can just not see my comments if they infuriate you to such a point? Anyone that uses or sells cannabis has an invested interest in this conversation actually because cannabis in CO is being sold in retail shops to anyone, not just those with a medical card, and that is the wave of the future so it does not just apply to CO.

Seems funny that you invite the MOD to delete certain posts you do not agree with after you have posted this?
FYI you can call someone an asshole and be respectful, if two peoples opinions differ to the point of escalation i dont think that constitutes deletion.... i mean what is this a forum for expecting mothers or people that crop herb? and this is a lounge, we should be free to speak as our opinions desire.... if someone gets butthurt about something said about them there are message services, they can act like a man and work it out with them or not act like a bitch and cry if someone disagrees....

shame opinions cant be handled here.... unless it was the OP's request to delete those.... no moderation necessary unless your droppin N bombs and super dumb shit. everything i read had to do with the thread title regardless if people agree or not.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
what is this a forum for expecting mothers or people that crop herb? and this is a lounge, we should be free to speak as our opinions desire..

:) yep

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Uh... well, I hate to be the one to break it to ya Ken, but this is Marijuana News. :shy:

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Uh... well, I hate to be the one to break it to ya Ken, but this is Marijuana News. :shy:
i dont know what your trying to tell me Sea :confused:
But I want to tell you,

I think you are doing a fine job here at the farm!
Keep up the great work! :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not to mention the lower heating bills, @inthegorge -- right? :o D'oh!

So...! Anyone else hear that another Cali county is moving to ban cultivation? Ayup, still gotta find a news article on it, but I was just invited to sign a petition, they're going to be addressing the issue on the 28th.

Latest posts

Top Bottom