Is this a bad seed or grower error?

• Thread starter AnomalousGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newty

Newty

i never refer to any soil as hot,. and that term is only used by and created by people on marijuana growing forums,
if anything depending on the amended medium overwatering can cause the release of more nutrients creating an overfeeding burn, but that’s the growers fault,..
find me something about hot soil that is not on a thread or blog etc?
I never looked at it that way, it's a lot more scientific then we are thinking. Definitely appreciate the knowledge and separation of facts and hearsay. We all learned something today!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I never looked at it that way, it's a lot more scientific then we are thinking. Definitely appreciate the knowledge and separation of facts and hearsay. We all learned something today!
again research what i say,. maybe teach me something,.
hey maybe we can start debating!! hahahaha
mmmm probably shouldn’t have said that

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

no such thing as water droplets causing burn marks,.
Yeah I donno, this one got sprayed along with some clones (wasn't paying attention) while the other 2 didnt, and the one that got sprayed immediately starting acting up and got all freaky on me. I assumed it was the water spray

20240226 150816

AnomalousGrows

AnomalousGrows

Ok. However can you explain
if it’s loaded with nutes wouldn’t you refer it as hot and why do folks always reffer to fox farms ocean soil as hot

It’s something I picked up here grrr bloody bro science got me 😱
Ocean forest is considered hot because it has nutrients already in it I don’t know it’s NPK but I do know what I’ve heard it has a lot of nitrogen and phosphorus in it from the fish waste hence the term “hot”

Newty

Newty

Ocean forest is considered hot because it has nutrients already in it I don’t know it’s NPK but I do know what I’ve heard it has a lot of nitrogen and phosphorus in it from the fish waste hence the term “hot”
Blue bag Ocean Forest, Brown bag Happy Frog

Ocean Forest is more expensive then Happy Frog. Seedlings in Happy Frog and 50/50 mix at transplant, saves me some money!
20240226 154433

20240226 154537

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yea I’ve heard multiple people say it’s possible
there’s actually been scientific studies done and it’s literally impossible unless the leaf surface has “hairs” than there is a slight chance so impossible to happen to marijuana

Newty

Newty

I don't know how else to explain it, the one that got sprayed got all weirded out and the 2 that didn't are fine. No other changes or differences so I donno. Weird..
Do you have any fans blowing towards it? Maybe the water plus air made it start to dry and twist? Maybe it's not that the water burned it but did something else to it? I would imagine water droplets are quite heavy on a new and small leaf.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
In the early days I was spraying my plants with water to try raise the humidity ( bad idea ) it did leach the ferts out maybe that’s what your seeing

I don't know how else to explain it, the one that got sprayed got all weirded out and the 2 that didn't are fine. No other changes or differences so I donno. Weird..
That’s kinda like trying to to teach your grandma how to suck eggs gnick 😂 ( I hope that translates over your side )
again research what i say,. maybe teach me something,.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
not the paper i was looking for but explains it just not as in depth as i read before,.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
It's not just water that might be in droplets on leaves. Sprays with oils (e.g., as emulsifiers) are different than plain water or water with soluble substances in it. IIRC, the idea is if the water is a spherical droplet, there cannot be a focal point on the leaf. That's how the leaf hairs are involved—they make the droplets remain spherical. A fluid that spreads out on the leaf, forming a lens, can have a focal point on a leaf that can burn the leaf. Oil can do that.

Does that make sense?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
It's not just water that might be in droplets on leaves. Sprays with oils (e.g., as emulsifiers) are different than plain water or water with soluble substances in it. IIRC, the idea is if the water is a spherical droplet, there cannot be a focal point on the leaf. That's how the leaf hairs are involved—they make the droplets remain spherical. A fluid that spreads out on the leaf, forming a lens, can have a focal point on a leaf that can burn the leaf. Oil can do that.

Does that make sense?
don’t know about an oil,.
opinion is i wouldn’t think anything that is able to be used on a marijuana plant couldnt damage it unless used recklessly,.
remember these plants i have growing right now were infected with broad mites not spider mites, broads are way worse,. i soaked my plants in 50-60% isopropyl every other day for 6 days, totally wiped the mites, and didn’t leave a speck of nothing,. just posted an update yesterday of these plants, almost finished now,.
see if i find anything about sprays or oils,.. though im not a foliar sprayer of anything unless it’s pests or mildew,.

Last edited:
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
don’t know about an oil,.
opinion is i wouldn’t think anything that is able to be used on a marijuana plant could damage it unless used recklessly,.
remember these plants i have growing right now were infected with broad mites not spider mites, broads are way worse,. i soaked my plants in 50-60% isopropyl every other day for 6 days, totally wiped the mites, and didn’t leave a speck of nothing,. just posted an update yesterday of these plants, almost finished now,.
see if i find anything about sprays or oils,.. though im not a foliar sprayer of anything unless it’s pests or mildew,.
I just realized I goofed when I mentioned emulsifiers. OOPS!

I've heard Neem oil can be a problem. I've never used it, though. I don't think alcohol leaves a residue. I've used it too, also without a problem.

I've also never foliar fed. I've only thought about it a few times. I have sprayed spider mites. I had some bug (aphids maybe) eating my Acapulco Gold the other day. I cut off the leaves and put them in the bin. Haven't seen any since. I'm not sure how they got there, but the outside plants are starting to come alive, so the bugs probably are, too.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
For starter soil, I recently tried FF Light Warrior. It worked well, but it's very loose and that made transplanting difficult. It falls apart easily if there aren't a lot of roots. Next grow, I'm thinking about starting the seeds in the pots they'll be growing in. I'm also considering filling a hole about the size of a nursery pot with Light Warrior and starting the seeds in it. Anyway, Light Warrior seems to be just about the best starter soil I've tried so far.

AnomalousGrows

AnomalousGrows

For starter soil, I recently tried FF Light Warrior. It worked well, but it's very loose and that made transplanting difficult. It falls apart easily if there aren't a lot of roots. Next grow, I'm thinking about starting the seeds in the pots they'll be growing in. I'm also considering filling a hole about the size of a nursery pot with Light Warrior and starting the seeds in it. Anyway, Light Warrior seems to be just about the best starter soil I've tried so far.
I heard about light warrior but I figured the neutrality of the happy frog would work best for the seedlings I might try light warrior once I run out of happy frog 🤔

Top Bottom