Is this a Nitrogen deficiency?

• Thread starter Wolters_88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

All 3 bottles of the fox farm trio are needed to be a complete nute.

I would flush them out with a lot of runoff till clearish and feed maybe a 25% strength dose of the transition directions with all 3 bottles. Also to good runoff to help clear out excess and imbalanced nutes.

Should have an ec meter (ppm) to monitor this each watering feeding.

The ph will return to 6.5 likely when fed properly from the buffers in the soil.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I will go ahead and show each plant. I just did a run off on each one. I used one gallon of pure RO/DI since I know it had an exact PH of 7.0. First was this OG kush. The hairs are all still white so I’m guessing I have three to four more week. The runoff on this was 5.8. Here is a picture of both the main cola and the issues I’m facing.
Screenshot 20200819 171207 Chrome

Wolters_88

Wolters_88

All 3 bottles of the fox farm trio are needed to be a complete nute.

I would flush them out with a lot of runoff till clearish and feed maybe a 25% strength dose of the transition directions with all 3 bottles. Also to good runoff to help clear out excess and imbalanced nutes.

Should have an ec meter (ppm) to monitor this each watering feeding.

The ph will return to 6.5 likely when fed properly from the buffers in the soil.

I have been following this the entire time.

42BA2014 5A25 4C6C 96B5 E34165B3EF0E
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have been following this the entire time.

Yeah schedules are just guidelines and the fox farm directions show all 3 bottles in use. Without them you will have imbalances and deficiencies.

And you have to monitor the medium for nutrients. Every grow is different and so is every plant.

I only use a grow bottle with potting soil all the way through but taper the strength up as they grow and back down as they ripen.

Im trying to say give the plants what they want not what it says on the schedule. Kind of a difficult learning curve.

Dr.B

Dr.B

You've got some salt buildup happening. Water through until it reads the same or very close on either end. pH & EC/ppm/tds

Wolters_88

Wolters_88

Yeah schedules are just guidelines and the fox farm directions show all 3 bottles in use. Without them you will have imbalances and deficiencies.

And you have to monitor the medium for nutrients. Every grow is different and so is every plant.

I only use a grow bottle with potting soil all the way through but taper the strength up as they grow and back down as they ripen.

Im trying to say give the plants what they want not what it says on the schedule. Kind of a difficult learning curve.

Ok, so I just flushed when I did these tests. Do I wait until it’s dry again to feed nutes again?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ok, so I just flushed when I did these tests. Do I wait until it’s dry again to feed nutes again?

How low is the ec from the final runoff? The ph numbers were still low?

I always feed with the last gallon i run through when flushing out excess nutes. Or even flush with the solution. Like a 1.2 ec dose or less depending on stage.

Unless i am just adding water to use up nutes that are in there. Or flushing down to a certain ec.

Both ways can work.

Wolters_88

Wolters_88

How low is the ec from the final runoff? The ph numbers were still low?

I always feed with the last gallon i run through when flushing out excess nutes. Or even flush with the solution. Like a 1.2 ec dose or less depending on stage.

Unless i am just adding water to use up nutes that are in there. Or flushing down to a certain ec.

Both ways can work.

I just flushed with straight RO/DI water to check the PH like people said. The water pretty much just came out at the same Ph it went in at.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I just flushed with straight RO/DI water to check the PH like people said. The water pretty much just came out at the same Ph it went in at.

Yes ro or distilled water will take on the medium ph immediately as there are no minerals in it to buffer. The low ph shows an imbalance and left over nutes. It should come up to 6.5 with a proper flush.

You have the wrong amounts of nutes in the wrong ratios so the plant cant use any of it and it has built up. The plants are locked out.

Needs proper flush and proper feed. Cant just go back and forth on this. It will keep getting worse until corrected.

How long ago did you run the water through and check the ph? If today or yesterday i would flush with a couple gallons of water and then pour some light dose of feed through then wait as long as it takes to dry out.

They will need time to recover. You will need patience.

Wolters_88

Wolters_88

Yes ro or distilled water will take on the medium ph immediately as there are no minerals in it to buffer. The low ph shows an imbalance and left over nutes. It should come up to 6.5 with a proper flush.

You have the wrong amounts of nutes in the wrong ratios so the plant cant use any of it and it has built up. The plants are locked out.

Needs proper flush and proper feed. Cant just go back and forth on this. It will keep getting worse until corrected.

How long ago did you run the water through and check the ph? If today or yesterday i would flush with a couple gallons of water and then pour some light dose of feed through then wait as long as it takes to dry out.

They will need time to recover. You will need patience.

I did this four hours ago. Ok, I will run another gallon with sledgehammer in it and then do a normal feeding with tiger bloom and big bloom. I’m a few weeks out so I’m also using Cha Ching. Then I will ph to 6.5 and feed.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I did this four hours ago. Ok, I will run another gallon with sledgehammer in it and then do a normal feeding with tiger bloom and big bloom. I’m a few weeks out so I’m also using Cha Ching. Then I will ph to 6.5 and feed.

Skip the kaching and i would use the directions where the grow bottle is mixed with the bloom and the organic bottle. Thats the only way its complete. Transition directions but less than half strength.

Wolters_88

Wolters_88

Skip the kaching and i would use the directions where the grow bottle is mixed with the bloom and the organic bottle. Thats the only way its complete. Transition directions but less than half strength.

I always put half of what the bottles call for since it’s an auto. What I read said they burn really easy. Thanks for all the help. I will update to see what this did in a few days.

Freaky75

Freaky75

It is normal to have some leaves turn yellow during the end of flowering too due to the plant using up nitrogen in the leaves for buds so don't threat so much . It is also true u need a grow feed to add with your bloom and not just bloom on its own .

On the double lol 🌴🌴

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It is normal to have some leaves turn yellow during the end of flowering too due to the plant using up nitrogen in the leaves for buds so don't threat so much . It is also true u need a grow feed to add with your bloom and not just bloom on its own .

On the double lol 🌴🌴View attachment 1019210

I use a grow nute all the way through for years. Cannabis likes a 2-1-2 ratio or close and it is a myth that they need less nitrogen and more pk.

Bloom nutes were designed as a signal for the plants to start flowering not to be used all through flower exclusively.

Even jacks classic duo instructs to use the 2-1-3 bloom booster only every other feeding at most.

The cannabis nute companies want to sell multiple bottles.

Wolters_88

Wolters_88

These are looking pretty milky to me. Am I about to hit the last two weeks? Should I start flushing now or are there a few weeks left like people have said before?

A96FA1C1 9F25 4512 B5D1 FA6BF3979E84
37491374 36B8 4E5C 8886 F9CE05813874
E0065B4B B02C 46CE B96E 9EE4110888CB
A39B8A12 3CA3 4B18 A651 CBFBFC0F3249
1FD8551D ADCA 460D A1CB 4A4C70C3B35B
44A375E8 E280 48FA 8846 61CCF3D94013
8B6DADBA FE50 418F 953F CEB512C07C29
Top Bottom