Is this a Nitrogen deficiency?

• Thread starter Wolters_88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

I checked the plants last night and they looked fine. Today I look and see this. From what I have read and what I have seen this looks like nitrogen deficiency. Is that correct?

Is this a nitrogen deficiency
Is this a nitrogen deficiency 2
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
What are you currently growing in, what are you feeding (if anything), at what ppm per feeding and how often are you feeding/watering?

Wolters_88

Wolters_88

What are you currently growing in, what are you feeding (if anything), at what ppm per feeding and how often are you feeding/watering?
I’m growing in Royal Gold kings mix. I’m feeding tiger bloom at half strength and I water when they get dry. Today it actually appears to be a potassium Deficiency.

Last edited:
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
What week in flowering are you in? What’s the wattage of your light. I’ve never grown in that medium or used those nutrients but some strains such down nitrogen first 3 weeks in flowering. But yes it looks like it could be either.

D0D27218 CBEF 491A 98AD F368E401A8E6
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

What week in flowering are you in? What’s the wattage of your light. I’ve never grown in that medium or used those nutrients but some strains such down nitrogen first 3 weeks in flowering. But yes it looks like it could be either.
I read potassium deficiency is usually caused with RO water... which I use. I have a 2000W led. I have a 0-50-30 called beasty blooms. Would that do the trick to get her back to heathy?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I read potassium deficiency is usually caused with RO water... which I use. I have a 2000W led. I have a 0-50-30 called beasty blooms. Would that do the trick to get her back to heathy?
So two things, first that didn't happen overnight, and that's not a potassium deficiency

Let me re-read what you're doing and when I get a minute I'll come back and try to help

In the meantime can you describe your watering practices how much how often runoff Etc., also your pH and PPM in case I missed it would help

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
oh he’s using RO prolly cal mag.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I stopped using cal mag a few weeks ago. It has nitrogen and everyone said not to use it in flowering.
As beachwalker said, can you describe your watering practices how much how often runoff Etc., also your pH and PPM in case I missed it would help. We need a better understanding of these things.

Wolters_88

Wolters_88

As beachwalker said, can you describe your watering practices how much how often runoff Etc., also your pH and PPM in case I missed it would help. We need a better understanding of these things.
I water when they get dry. Best way I can describe it and the water is always PH’ed to about 6.2. I have never done runoff.

Wolters_88

Wolters_88

Ok, at this point I’m starting to lean toward Nitrogen deficiency. The issue is I’m in flowering and everything I have read says don’t put any nitrogen in so I haven’t been?

chemistry

chemistry

Apart from the yellow fan leaves and burnt tips, the plant looks to dark for a def. I've not used your brand of nuits, so have no idea how many PPM's are in a half dose. You could wave your PPM meter at your next mix and find out? That way you'll know if your feeding to much or not enough.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Where did this thread go? I think mr. Burnz was right

Agree it's very dark Green, a flush and reset on the soil might not hurt

OP not true re: nitrogen, plants need nitrogen through the whole growth cycle, recommend balanced nutrition the whole growth cycle

420trout

420trout

Ok, at this point I’m starting to lean toward Nitrogen deficiency. The issue is I’m in flowering and everything I have read says don’t put any nitrogen in so I haven’t been?
If you are using the Fox Farms trio then you should be feeding more than just Tiger Bloom. You still need some nitrogen during flower, but just a lot less of it. Your plant looks about a month into bloom. With Fox Farms trio you should be feeding all three about now, just check their feeding schedule. Big Bloom is fed throughout the entire lifecycle of your plant. Grow Big and Tiger Bloom are phased in when needed, but you still use a little Grow Big even during bloom.

Wolters_88

Wolters_88

I’m in week 5 of flowering. These are Autos
Apart from the yellow fan leaves and burnt tips, the plant looks to dark for a def. I've not used your brand of nuits, so have no idea how many PPM's are in a half dose. You could wave your PPM meter at your next mix and find out? That way you'll know if your feeding to much or not enough.

what PPM should I be shooting for?

Wolters_88

Wolters_88

I will go ahead and show each plant. I just did a run off on each one. I used one gallon of pure RO/DI since I know it had an exact PH of 7.0. First was this OG kush. The hairs are all still white so I’m guessing I have three to four more week. The runoff on this was 5.8. Here is a picture of both the main cola and the issues I’m facing.

513CFC19 0B2F 47B3 B213 05273FC23DE7
8D72C396 3734 43B1 919C EBAC2FA3FEDB
Top Bottom