Is this how it should look?

• Thread starter CannaDana
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaDana

CannaDana

This is my first grow. I'm in Week 4 of flower. And I'm wondering if this is what Week 4 is supposed to look like.

Two strains: The tall plants are Wedding Cake, the short plants are Wedding Crasher. Grown from clones. Did one defoliation before flower, and another at Day 21 of flower. This is Day 27 of flower.

Am I doing okay? I haven't seen much change this week. Vertical growth has stopped. Will the buds fatten up? I'm already seeing some brown/orange pistils, could that be too much light, or is that supposed to happen?

Any pointers for the next 4-6 weeks (and for my next grow), from those who actually know, would be very welcome.

IMG_5388.jpg
IMG_5389.jpg
IMG_5390.jpg

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Your a natural 👌they look absolutely great to me. I can't see issues with the pistils but for info sake on pistils.

If they get pollinated they will die back brown.

If you touch them they often die back or go orange.

To much wind die back or orange.

Light birn they can go orange.

Genetics plays a big part as some will start ripening and tossing out new pistils as early as 3-4 weeks and can do this a few times.

I sont see anything wrong with yours. This was only info for ya

Last edited:
CannaDana

CannaDana

Your a natural 👌they look absolutely great to me. I can't see issues with the pistils but for info sake on pistils.

If they get pollinated they will die back brown.

If you touch them they often die back or go orange.

To much wind die back or orange.

Light birn they can go orange.

Genetics plays a big part as some will start ripening and tossing out new pistils as early as 3-4 weeks and can do this a few times.

I sont see anything wrong with yours. This was only info for ya

Thank you. That's great info and very reassuring.

FYI, I added a video in which you can see the pistils that are turning orange, starting at about the 00:45 mark. Does this look normal? Minor concern that I'm hitting them with too much light. I don't have a quantum PAR sensor, but am using an iPhone app that says around 900 ppfd at canopy level, though I'm not at all sure how accurate that is. I'd actually like to bump the light up to get deeper into the lower buds, but I'm afraid to, in case the orange pistils are a sign of light stress.

Last edited:
CannaDana

CannaDana

Have you bought the smart controller for your light yet? Yet? Nick sure likes his.

Yes, I have the controller and I like it. I do wish for two things though: (1) that it could be controlled remotely by an app; and (2) that it transmitted data to the app so I could monitor and track light, temps, and relative humidity levels throughout the day. I hear there are other controllers that can do those things, and more.

My next grow will be 250 sq. ft. with 10 of these lights daisy-chained and controlled by one controller. Would be really nice if I had a controller that could control and track light, relative humidity, temperature, and CO2, among other things. If you know of such a controller, I'd love to learn about it.

CannaDana

CannaDana

Somebody slipped a finger in your ass without permission huh? That'd piss me off too. I hope you learn to love yourself enough to move on, and give up all the hate harboring. You're gonna get a gut disorder, and not from the finger slip.
Your doing great 👍
Welcome to the FARM and Mahalo for Sharing! 👍 😎

Good looking grow, nice job! 👍🥰
I stopped in to see if I could offer some help only to realize that maybe I could learn a thing or two by seeing what you're doing, lol.. seriously though this is a fabulous job you've done so far, especially for your first time. Kudos 👏

OMG, thank you all so much for the encouragement. I'm learning as much as I can, but don't have any feedback from anyone. You're the first. So it was incredibly reassuring and confidence-building to get your comments. Really. You don't even know.

Now that's one hellova compliment @CannaDana

Yeah, it sure is, given the knowledge and experience Romulan has. Damn.

Thanks, you guys. I'm a 65-year old woman doing my first grow. My goal is to breed my own strains, as I have very specific ideas about what I want and need. I'm just at the start of my journey, and becoming a knowledgeable cultivator is the first step. I'm devouring every resource I can find, and am enrolled in cannabis botany courses at two universities, as well as reading every book I can and using YouTube and the web for practical knowledge. But I don't know when I doing right or wrong. I'm just trying to listen to the plants. I can use as much knowledge as I can drain from you guys. So thank you for the comments and the reassurance. You guys rock. :)

A photo from today, right at 4 weeks into flower.

4 weeks into flower

Last edited:
BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

OMG, thank you all so much for the encouragement. I'm learning as much as I can, but don't have any feedback from anyone. You're the first. So it was incredibly reassuring and confidence-building to get your comments. Really. You don't even know.

Yeah, it sure is, given the knowledge and experience Romulan has. Damn.

Thanks, you guys. I'm a 65-year old woman doing my first grow. My goal is to breed my own strains, as I have very specific ideas about what I want and need. I'm just at the start of my journey, and becoming a knowledgeable cultivator is the first step. I'm devouring every resource I can find, and am enrolled in cannabis botany courses at two universities, as well as reading every book I can and using YouTube and the web for practical knowledge. But I don't know when I doing right or wrong. I'm just trying to listen to the plants. I can use as much knowledge as I can drain from you guys. So thank you for the comments and the reassurance. You guys rock. :)
You're SO very Welcome and Mahalo back@cha for YOUR Encouraging Words to All of Us too! 👍 🤟🥰

I'm excited to see what kinds of strains YOU'LL be creating, please do keep us posted and BEST OF LUCK and Blessings to Ya! 👍🤜🤛🙌👏😎

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

Is that you martha ?
😁

fix the mylar... flat as possible not ripply
open them up a little more, they will appreciate the extra space and light
dial down the RH. your too moist in week 4 ( if im reading the gauge correctly)
(maybe 45% and you will see a huge difference)
and no, pistils shouldnt be turning color that soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom