Is this male, female or hermaphrodite ?

• Thread starter alelavoie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

alelavoie

Hey guys! I'm completely new to this and I can't tell for sure if it's male, female or hermaphrodite. It's late in the season and the plant has been growing for a while now.

Can any of you experts tell easily from this picture ?

Is this male female or hermaphrodite
GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
It looks hermi but my eyes are not that great. Hopefully someone will help ya out.

radagast

radagast

Is that the only plant around? Looks like it has been pollinated and are producing seeds along with the flower. It could also mean that she is a herm and fertilized herself, which would produce seeds as well.

A

alelavoie

Is that the only plant around? Looks like it has been pollinated and are producing seeds along with the flower. It could also mean that she is a herm and fertilized herself, which would produce seeds as well.
Only plant around that I know of yes

A

alelavoie

It's a female plant! The buds look like that because it's a sativa! A very old school looking one at that!
It's not seeded either from the pics!
Thanks for the response! I found 2 seeds so far in some of the small sacs. Might have been lower on the stem though. I'll look more closely tomorrow and try to send pictures of the seed-holding sacs.

E

Eclipted

Hey guys! I'm completely new to this and I can't tell for sure if it's male, female or hermaphrodite. It's late in the season and the plant has been growing for a while now.

Swollen calyxes here. Looking like a sativa female to me…

radagast

radagast

Only plant around that I know of yes
As I've said, then it's been pollinated by either herself (hermaphrodite) or by the environment, the point is that she is now producing seeds alongside the flower and won't be as potent, but instead will give you a nice bunch of seeds to preserve that strain, if that's your wish. It's not a bad thing per se just undesirable.
You can check if it's a swollen calyx or a seed (that grows inside the calyx) by pinching it or using a toothpick. If you look around you might be able to find bananas or nanners around the plant. It looks like this:

The end result will look like this:

MisterHelix

MisterHelix

I’m not seeing any male flowers in your pic, just a row of primitive Sativa type calyxes.

Doesn’t mean it’s not pollinated, but I only see female flowers.

F

fishmon

Males don't produce seeds. Only females that have been pollinated with cannibis pollen do. If you're outdoors, it could have been borne in the air by males in the area. If indoors I'd say she hermed. If so, you'll start seeing tiny yellow flower petal looking debris on the floor soon If you haven't already. I've had 2 herms so far. I grew them both out to finish. It's a personal choice. Some folks eradicate them or isolate them to prevent pollinating other females. My 2 were different strains in the same tent so I think it was stress induced rather than genetics. I saved the seeds and as far as I've seen, they are feminized seeds. Personally I'd grow it to the end. In my case I suspect high temps in the tent was the cause. Don't sweat it. You'll do better on the next run.

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
Why post at all if you don't actually know??
This is the sort of shit that confuses new growers!!
Fucking shit loads of it on this forum!! 🤣
Hey dude no one was helping. Why be an asshole about it? Seems there's too many of those around here too. Nothing I said was confusing if you had an iq above 100 could figure shit out. Maybe keep your two cents to yourself or maybe just don't read what I post? It's that simple.

E

Eclipted

That is not what a sativa looks like some of these people are crazy... looks like a male with mutations
Looks like a girl who’s not getting what she needs to properly flower. Not a male tho.
See the nuts on the pic below? That’s a male. No pistils coming out the end of them and they don’t curve either. Those are swollen calyxes which indicate female plant. Don’t call us crazy because you’re ignorant to what a male and female look like. Second photo shows swollen calyxes as well as third photo.

6B72924A 26CF 42DB BC19 3196E8EF65B4
919B23E6 83C6 4EA1 A9CC A402E1B7DDB0
947F1150 6DE7 4F49 9EC2 3983F56CD6C4
E

Eclipted

Looks like a girl who’s not getting what she needs to properly flower. Not a male tho.
See the nuts on the pic below? That’s a male. No pistils coming out the end of them and they don’t curve either. Those are swollen calyxes which indicate female plant. Don’t call us crazy because you’re ignorant to what a male and female look like. Second photo shows swollen calyxes as well as third photo.
Buddy deleted his comment after I said this so i hope everyone knows I wasn’t trying to be rude. Just trying to help the op steer clear of bad advice. Happy grows.

Top Bottom