Is THIS much "praying" good, bad, or indifferent

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

at tgis point watering when pot is weightless. even when others are thirsty she is perking straight up praying all day
Ok move to a part of the tent with less light… i think you need to water slightly more often as this is usually the largest contributor to a potassium deficiency

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I thought my mini hydro was a hulk lol. I cant figure out this cookie monster though.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Raise light or lower intenisity?
Depends on the coverage… if its even just lower intensity… is it in with other plants and they are doing fine. If so just move it to a part of the tent with less intensity

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Got it. Thanks @Aquaman. gonna let her take a few days with a minor height adjustment...got it between 405 to 460 when I did 4 readings over this plant. Tucked her away in the corner
took her off the stand as well.
Flower looks very healthy, hell of a stalk, leaves are getting a nice white dusting.
I always have 1 odd plant that i battle till the end these past 10 months

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Got it. Thanks @Aquaman. gonna let her take a few days with a minor height adjustment...got it between 405 to 460 when I did 4 readings over this plant. Tucked her away in the corner
took her off the stand as well.
Flower looks very healthy, hell of a stalk, leaves are getting a nice white dusting.
I always have 1 odd plant that i battle till the end these past 10 months
Yeah growing from seed is always like that… have to do some shuffling from time to time

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Clones are really what im going to tune into this winter. Im slowly fine tuning things thanks to this site and past the seedling stage nightmares, past the overfeeding in the beggining and am fully dialed into learning what each little deficiency is. Ill get her to the end if i have to put her outside lol hoping a few of these durbans take as they are monster crops that came from mu "mutation" i had this summer that come to find out was a monster clone by accident lol..
Fire away, tell me what to do and im confident end result will be like my Runtz ended up... 🔥 🔥 fire

L

Lordelryk

So most all my current plants are "praying" per say. I have a Cookie Monster Auto That is Praying far more then any of my plants. its basically cupping the main top flower. I cant imagine how light can get to the buds below it without defol. Its supper healthy (few minor issues that i resolved quickly).
I would love to let her be like of at all possible.
I don't think it's light burn. Hard to tell for certain from these pics but I think you might have a mag deficiency. Add a little calmag and see if it fixes it.

Is your run off ph good?

NotFrankster

NotFrankster

Light stress and showing a potassium deficiency…. Is your humidity low?
I'm with aqua on this. Metabolic issue.... I would lower the light a bit until it's corrected and then back up again

Trace mineral can do funny thing.... to alter water dynamics and salts channeling. That's why I really push acids and other buffering towards the end

Plants out here are 💕 the potassium created by the forest fires.. lots of ashes everywhere the other day

PXL 20220917 150811671
PXL 20220917 170029822
PXL 20220917 150545119
PXL 20220917 150621497
09102022 handout bolt creek 2 182817
PXL 20220910 211655667
Last edited:
N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
In the beginning to mid flower they get this "metabolic bloom boost" and crank up like this. Supported by much power from the light, a strong root system, lollipopped/defoled --> so the internal pressure has more force on the remaining foliage.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

In the beginning to mid flower they get this "metabolic bloom boost" and crank up like this. Supported by much power from the light, a strong root system, lollipopped/defoled --> so the internal pressure has more force on the remaining foliage.
This…. Thats why i asked about humidity… the turgidness of those stems is a tell tale light stress with very high internal pressure (transpiration rates) which is driven by light. Was thinking that a higher humidity would help lower that and it may somewhat but feel kinda like this time its more the intensity of the light combined with what you say

NotFrankster

NotFrankster

Yeah 👍 building up reserve that can be channel into the flowers... It's a huge difference

Sugars acids alcohol nitrates alkyl ECT....

NotFrankster

NotFrankster

When you're short on any trace or major metals the larger fragments can't be assembled cause it's bottleneck....

Things like potassium... Magnesium sulfur... Calcium and iron. .. ratios are just a jigsaw 🧩 at any given stages in development over time.

Plants are more sensitive towards the end also it seems

G

Glomus

Lights starts at the outaide edges and progresses inward… that pic is iron deficiency. i seen many misdiagnosed on the interwebs
Let's address this because I think it's important. I think there is definitely a difference between light burn, light stress and light bleaching, based on temperatures and light intensities. As far as deficiencies go I feel like people try to over simplify deficiencies thinking its just one when in reality its usually several as well as some kind of environmental/soil factor creating the the deficiency, depending on the soil medium and nutrient regimen. With the exception of maybe cal/mag, which is usually caused by soil chemistry or lack of bio availability

Iron is responsible for chlorophyll production and I notice a general lighting in the veins and leaf tissue. This is what iron deficiency commonly looks like for me in my garden.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Let's address this because I think it's important. I think there is definitely a difference between light burn, light stress and light bleaching, based on temperatures and light intensities. As far as deficiencies go I feel like people try to over simplify deficiencies thinking its just one when in reality its usually several as well as some kind of environmental/soil factor creating the the deficiency, depending on the soil medium and nutrient regimen. With the exception of maybe cal/mag, which is usually caused by soil chemistry or lack of bio availability

Iron is responsible for chlorophyll production and I notice a general lighting in the veins and leaf tissue. This is what iron deficiency commonly looks like for me in my garden.
View attachment 1283002
Its all interrelated … light is what drives everything and the more light the more dialed in you need to be in all of the factors that influence nutrients… an iron deficiency and the root cause are almost always different… it could be soil ph which is most common.

there are pretty well established maximums based on ideal environments and nutrients etc… now when you are not at the most optimal of 1 parameter it will resuce the plants ability to use light.

Simply an identical plant under different conditions will have a different ideal ppfd. In this situation the plant is getting to much light for its tolerance and ability to use it

G

Glomus

Its all interrelated … light is what drives everything and the more light the more dialed in you need to be in all of the factors that influence nutrients… an iron deficiency and the root cause are almost always different… it could be soil ph which is most common.

there are pretty well established maximums based on ideal environments and nutrients etc… now when you are not at the most optimal of 1 parameter it will resuce the plants ability to use light.

Simply an identical plant under different conditions will have a different ideal ppfd. In this situation the plant is getting to much light for its tolerance and ability to use it
ph is a big factor when you are just feeding liquid bio available nutrients, but when you are in soil, ph isn't as important because it can be more self regulating based on the microbial activity. Even if your ph is off you can still be getting many secondary nutrients to the plants through the microbiome which is another way to make nutrients bio available.
Different strains definitely have more sensitive thresh holds and needs, light being one of them for sure.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

ph is a big factor when you are just feeding liquid bio available nutrients, but when you are in soil, ph isn't as important because it can be more self regulating based on the microbial activity. Even if your ph is off you can still be getting many secondary nutrients to the plants through the microbiome which is another way to make nutrients bio available.
Different strains definitely have more sensitive thresh holds and needs, light being one of them for sure.
I beg to differ strongly… availability is directly related to PH and it highly depends on the chelates used and the CEC of the media… also the ph can be highly responsible for the form a nutrient is in like ammonia or ammonium. PH is buffered by the soil which is why you dont need to worry about ph of feedings If the soil is built properly…

have a read here.

you dont have to explain organics to me i have a very good understanding of them and exactly how organics is broken down into mineral salts and then dissolved in water and into ionic form. By the way its more so the enzymes that the microbes produce that does this work when talking about bacteria.. not the bacteria themselves.

Top Bottom