Is this pottasium defeciency or something else?

• Thread starter Slimsearley
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Slimsearley

Slimsearley

Hey guys! Im growing this nirvana northern lights auto and I was wondering if I've diagnosed this right and its potassium deficiency? It's gradually gotten worse, started off all at the top and middle of the plant but now some bottom leaves tips are affected too. The light is too close at around 10 to 12 inches from the top of the plant and I can't get it any higher, so I know some of the fading is probably bleaching. Is there anything else going on that anyone can see? I'm using biobizz light mix soil with living soils dry amendments as organic as possible. Top dressed with the bloom formula around end of week 2 of flower and is due on the 2nd of November for its final top dress with the bloom 2 which has less nitrogen and more phosphorus and potassium. The npk on the bloom is 2 6 4 and the bloom 2 is 1 8 6 or 1 8 4 i think. Its been superb up until week 2 of flower, start of week 5 flower on the 2nd of November too. I've been adding some high quality worm castings in also and have been using biosys for beneficial bacteria. If anyone can just chime in and let me know if there's anything I can do to get her looking a bit better that would be great! Thanks in advance 🙂

Is this pottasium defeciency or something else
Is this pottasium defeciency or something else 2
Is this pottasium defeciency or something else 3
Is this pottasium defeciency or something else 4
Is this pottasium defeciency or something else 5
Is this pottasium defeciency or something else 6
Is this pottasium defeciency or something else 7
Is this pottasium defeciency or something else 8
Is this pottasium defeciency or something else 9
Is this pottasium defeciency or something else 10
Slimsearley

Slimsearley

Yeah man there's definitely light stress lol, it might just be a matter of waiting for the nutrients from the top dress to become available. Its weird cos I was feeding every 2 weeks through veg and it was looking great but a little loaded with nitrogen, I backed off the top dress to every 3 weeks and then this happens. Maybe I needed to keep it at 2 weeks, been adding worm castings from the same nutrient company and they were added about 5 or 6 days ago to try and give her a boost.

Caterpillar_killa

Caterpillar_killa

Yeah man there's definitely light stress lol, it might just be a matter of waiting for the nutrients from the top dress to become available. Its weird cos I was feeding every 2 weeks through veg and it was looking great but a little loaded with nitrogen, I backed off the top dress to every 3 weeks and then this happens. Maybe I needed to keep it at 2 weeks, been adding worm castings from the same nutrient company and they were added about 5 or 6 days ago to try and give her a boost.
What I do to test whether it’s a deficiency is add some liquid kelp meal or fish emulsion. Don’t think there’s too much nitrogen in there because the leaves would be super dark black and start cupping downward like a claw, so my guess is that it’s definitely deficient in something. So weird that it’s deficient, usually the castings give it everything it needs. Hit it with some molasses and liquid kelp meal, if she looks happy after that then she’s HUUUUUUNGRRRRRYYYYY! Best of luck grochacho!

Slimsearley

Slimsearley

What I do to test whether it’s a deficiency is add some liquid kelp meal or fish emulsion. Don’t think there’s too much nitrogen in there because the leaves would be super dark black and start cupping downward like a claw, so my guess is that it’s definitely deficient in something. So weird that it’s deficient, usually the castings give it everything it needs. Hit it with some molasses and liquid kelp meal, if she looks happy after that then she’s HUUUUUUNGRRRRRYYYYY! Best of luck grochacho!
Much appreciated bro, thanks for the idea i will get some ordered.

Slimsearley

Slimsearley

Just ordered some organic pure liquid seaweed and some epsom salts just in case its magnesium thats the issue... they all have similar qualities these deficiencies 😅

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Not sure about this one because of the dry newts but this was my first impression
Screenshot 20201024 052244 Chrome

Oh gosh

Oh gosh

Im using an es180v2 from the green sunshine company. 180 watt led
Had to es 300's and a 180, first generation. 2-3 weeks after flower girls would go lime green and look like a zinc defienecy. I immediately lost my shit and over fertilized. Ended up with similar results. Not sure if your 180 has a dimmer. Those are powerful lights. My fix was to raise the lights to 24 inches and dim to 3/4, flush, let dry and maintain a 1/4 dose of fert. Your strapped for space so id tie em down and or dim. Additionally, my lights started flickering after 18 months of perpetual growing.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Bump Beachwalker, looks like burn to me it looks like its at the top, remember that a deficient plants shows from the bottom up and a excess starts from the top down. Read up on the cannabis infimery and troubleshoot your system, buy a ph pen and a PPM meter as well. You have some good folks watching, do slurry test and run off test. Also what is in your topdressing? When was your last veg dressing and with what?

Slimsearley

Slimsearley

Bump Beachwalker, looks like burn to me it looks like its at the top, remember that a deficient plants shows from the bottom up and a excess starts from the top down. Read up on the cannabis infimery and troubleshoot your system, buy a ph pen and a PPM meter as well. You have some good folks watching, do slurry test and run off test. Also what is in your topdressing? When was your last veg dressing and with what?
Thanks man, I have both ph and ppm meter from when I was using canna. I dont really know how its overloaded with potassium as its fading at the bottom and the middle. The top is getting worse but that is more than likely dude to the lights being too close. I cant do anything about the light, the plant stretched so much and so fast I ran out of room. Ill do a slurry test to check the medium ph as that could be the issue, I thought you didn't need to worry about ph with soil and organics as long as its not wildly out of range? My tap water is always between 6.8 and 7.5 tho. I last top dressed the veg formula about 6 weeks ago and then top dressed half and half veg and bloom during stretch which was about 2 to 3 weeks ago. Then I've just given bloom 2 yesterday which is higher potassium. I dont know the exact ingredients in the blend but all the stuff that should be in there is in there, as far as I can see from looking on their site they are tailored towards cannabis. Veg went so smooth it was ridiculous, I tip dressed a week later than it says to thinking I was top dressing too often and I get these issues. The company is called living soils and the website is livingsoilsfertiliser.com if you wanna check them out.

Slimsearley

Slimsearley

Had to es 300's and a 180, first generation. 2-3 weeks after flower girls would go lime green and look like a zinc defienecy. I immediately lost my shit and over fertilized. Ended up with similar results. Not sure if your 180 has a dimmer. Those are powerful lights. My fix was to raise the lights to 24 inches and dim to 3/4, flush, let dry and maintain a 1/4 dose of fert. Your strapped for space so id tie em down and or dim. Additionally, my lights started flickering after 18 months of perpetual growing.
I dont have problems with mine unless its just too close man, they are super powerful for the wattage draw tho. Think I need a taller tent 🤣

Slimsearley

Slimsearley

Ok so I've done the slurry test and the medium ph is 6.8 which is spot on, so that rules ph out.... getting major fade on the big fan leaves at the bottom of the plant and the top is yellowing more. I guess I may have to flush if it is toxic but its showing signs of toxicity and deficiency all at the same time... or am I just reading this wrong? Buds are still packing weight on like there's not much wrong so I guess I'm happy thats the case but its about to have a load more phosphorus and potassium in the next few days cos of the top dress on Saturday.... I will know for a fact if its overloaded come Friday, then if necessary I'll put 15 gallons of water through it and allow it to dry out.... would I then have to top dress again tho, as I've washed everything out?

Top Bottom