Is this pottasium defeciency or something else?

• Thread starter Slimsearley
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ezenzyme

ezenzyme

if you really think its deficient then get some salts that will be avail immediately, and hit her with it. Any liquid nutes will work. Mono potassium phosphate. I would stay from top dressings until she looks a bit better. And if your using unfiltered tap you will have cloriene and clorimide in your water and that will effect your system dramatically. Organic soils act as a buffer for water thats within range but doesn't correct it and can be a issue if your not watching it. Test your runoff, the very first bit, water with plain ph'ed water

Slimsearley

Slimsearley

if you really think its deficient then get some salts that will be avail immediately, and hit her with it. Any liquid nutes will work. Mono potassium phosphate. I would stay from top dressings until she looks a bit better. And if your using unfiltered tap you will have cloriene and clorimide in your water and that will effect your system dramatically. Organic soils act as a buffer for water thats within range but doesn't correct it and can be a issue if your not watching it. Test your runoff, the very first bit, water with plain ph'ed water
I've toyed with this idea, however I really want it to stay fully organic to see the differences from salts. I've mixed up some liquid kelp in the water for tomorrow's watering, she's drinking a gallon every 2 days in a 5 gallon pot... and the top dress has already been given, I think I might just have to water till the end now and see what this kelp does in the meantime lol. I really appreciate the help so please don't think im not taking in whats been said, just my intuition is telling me she's hungry rather than overfed... the water I use is plain tap water but its pretty soft at 85ppm max 95ppm. I use a chlorine/chloramine treatment which is basically just vitamin c so I shouldn't have any issues in that respect, and the plant has had 3 or 4 microbe teas throughout its life from ecothrive, called biosys. The environment is perfect and has been the whole grow pretty much, 21 to 26c 40 to 55% rh in flower. 24 to 28c 70 to 80% through veg. Hopefully the top dress will take effect soon and ill know for sure if it is what i think. One dose of kelp and then water til the end was what I was planning either way, if I have to use the canna stuff I have left I will but I'd prefer not to

Slimsearley

Slimsearley

I still struggle trying to figure these things out myself. This is one of the best guides, I've run across.

Thats a really good guide thanks man, I've watched his videos before but not that one. Only issue is he is basing it from salt based nutrients not organic dry amendments... the fact that the chlorosis started at the middle of the plant just messes with my head, perhaps I missed the bottom leaves doing it and saw the others first, that would make everything point to a deficient plant, but the necrosis at the top and middle makes it look the other way around. Soon find out if it stops getting worse after this week lol

Terpz719

Terpz719

You're welcome. It's definitely easier / quicker to tweak things in coco compared to soil. And it seems that nutrient problems usually don't occur in isolation, which makes it harder to solve - like problems showing up in the middle of the plant instead of at the very top or bottom. I don't know, but to me the chemicals are the chemicals regardless if they are direct like salts or are part of kelp.

I'm not a soil grower, but are your or your nutrients supplying beneficial bacteria and or humic acid? It's my understanding that they would go a long way toward helping make the nutrients available to the plant. Just because they are there doesn't mean they available to the plant for uptake. Just some thoughts. Good luck.

Slimsearley

Slimsearley

You're welcome. It's definitely easier / quicker to tweak things in coco compared to soil. And it seems that nutrient problems usually don't occur in isolation, which makes it harder to solve - like problems showing up in the middle of the plant instead of at the very top or bottom. I don't know, but to me the chemicals are the chemicals regardless if they are direct like salts or are part of kelp.

I'm not a soil grower, but are your or your nutrients supplying beneficial bacteria and or humic acid? It's my understanding that they would go a long way toward helping make the nutrients available to the plant. Just because they are there doesn't mean they available to the plant for uptake. Just some thoughts. Good luck.
I used coco for my first couple grows and it was just too much work mixing up nutrients every other day and watering up to 3 times a day was just difficult with work and what not. So I decided to go with organic soil and dry amendments just to simplify everything and take the pressure off. I've been giving beneficial bacteria from an instant microbe tea called biosys. Ill have to check again but I'm sure there are humic and fulvic acids within the amendments or the tea but don't quote me on that lol. I've just made up an aact with castings and a small amount of the bloom blend so that should let me know pretty quick if the plant was hungry... I follow mr canucks on YouTube and other than the brands he uses we are doing the same thing near enough, I rewatched one of his videos today and he had neglected the garden for a bit and the deficiency showing on his look almost exactly the same as what I'm experiencing now... I guess with potassium being mobile it can strip from wherever it likes and I guess where its most abundant. I dont want the faff of setting up my own base soil plus I dont grow enough to warrant it... so this method seems best for me... when I get it dialed in of course. This is my first time this way so I was bound to encounter some problems along the way. As I said I really appreciate all the input, its all welcome as I love to learn. 🙂

Slimsearley

Slimsearley

Little update, I think the yellowing has finally slowed down, possibly stopped 🤞 and some of the centres of the yellowing leaves have started to come back a little greener, the really yellow and damaged ones are probs gonna stay that way I think. The compost tea has most certainly helped along with the liquid kelp she had a few days before. Buds are starting to fill out now, but they haven't really slowed down that much to be fair.

20201029 074604
20201029 074613
20201029 074609
Slimsearley

Slimsearley

I'm still having a hard time.... I thought the yellowing had slowed down but its continuing. Not really sure what else I can do now other than just hope it makes it to the end. Gave her epsom salts this morning and she has had kelp, aact with molasses and some bloom nutrients and the nutrients from the last top dress should be available now. Still drinking heavily, pretty much every 24 to 36 hours she needs a gallon. Buds still growing but I'm just concerned she won't make it to 8 weeks flowering. There's a minimum of 4 weeks left, do you think she will last that long?? The two similar pictures are 2 days apart.

20201101 064017
20201031 074415
20201101 063939
Slimsearley

Slimsearley

Just ordered some biobizz grow and bloom and will give her a dose of that to see if I can slow this yellowing down... just want to get her across the line, came home from work today and took some shots with the light off. She's getting really bad, im not sure what the hell to do but I won't give up. There's still a lot of green going on and most of the new sugar leaves are a nice green but it just doesn't look good with 4 weeks to go. If anyone is still watching this thread, any recommendations on how much to mix up per gallon of the biobizz nutes? Hoping i can stop this progressing with a quick fix

20201101 212934
20201101 212938
20201101 212941
20201101 212950
20201101 212954
20201101 212958
ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Bump aqua, that was my thought hit em with salts so you instantly see if its a lack of whatever NPK salts you lay on it. Maxsea is rather cheap and is balanced with kelp added. For the record all NPK nutrients that are organic get broken down to the exact same salts that are then and only then avail. 4 weeks? Your so close to flushing i wouldn't even worry, get some malted barley or make a SST or two and chill. Its filling out fine!

Cracken

Cracken

LEss is more rule. when things go wrong 99% of the time I always see people loading more nuts and more water. and then wonder, whats wrong? Too much love and hurt. I have never seen a plant get issues from only getting water. when issues start people should revert to water only unless they are over watering. better to delay the grow then possibly kill the plant.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

LEss is more rule. when things go wrong 99% of the time I always see people loading more nuts and more water. and then wonder, whats wrong? Too much love and hurt. I have never seen a plant get issues from only getting water. when issues start people should revert to water only unless they are over watering. better to delay the grow then possibly kill the plant.
Usually in organics i see either depleted soil or something wiped out the microbes.

Cracken

Cracken

Usually in organics i see either depleted soil or something wiped out the microbes.
when guys are running nutes and pulling the ec meter and ppm meter and making a list of all that they have running for food I just assume they are heavy handed on the food. then The PH becomes an issue causing nute blocking. I always go with the rule less is more. he needs to tie down the tops that have grown too high to get rid of the leaf fade and choking from too intense of light on those leaves. That will cause issues on the rest of the plant over time which could be why its getting worst over time. There is so much info available for people to read and learn from on this site and some of the most knowledged growers I have ever met, but most don't bother taking the time to read and learn from others lessons. Aqua, I always enjoy reading your comments and soak up the wisdom that you pass out here on a daily basis so this is not me going against you, just making a point that people need to remember how they learned in school.... read the lessons first then do the work. I had a smoker who liked my bud and asked me to show him how to grow. I wrote everything down, nutes, feed schedule, temps and so on. one week later I go there because his seedlings all died. He felt a little feed would get them growing faster.... after several times going back for issues what he grew and ranted about, I would have thrown away or burnt for potash. wow, I need to lay off the meds before I start typing.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

when guys are running nutes and pulling the ec meter and ppm meter and making a list of all that they have running for food I just assume they are heavy handed on the food. then The PH becomes an issue causing nute blocking. I always go with the rule less is more. he needs to tie down the tops that have grown too high to get rid of the leaf fade and choking from too intense of light on those leaves. That will cause issues on the rest of the plant over time which could be why its getting worst over time. There is so much info available for people to read and learn from on this site and some of the most knowledged growers I have ever met, but most don't bother taking the time to read and learn from others lessons. Aqua, I always enjoy reading your comments and soak up the wisdom that you pass out here on a daily basis so this is not me going against you, just making a point that people need to remember how they learned in school.... read the lessons first then do the work. I had a smoker who liked my bud and asked me to show him how to grow. I wrote everything down, nutes, feed schedule, temps and so on. one week later I go there because his seedlings all died. He felt a little feed would get them growing faster.... after several times going back for issues what he grew and ranted about, I would have thrown away or burnt for potash. wow, I need to lay off the meds before I start typing.
100% bro. I usually try to acknowledge when a growrr has attempted to solve an issue and done research but I still forget a bit to often. I'm wrong plenty no issue admitting that. I try to give reasons for my thoughts just so others can critique if they like. Often will debate and I hold no grudges when I'm wrong. I am far from knowing it all and the day I think I do will be the day I stop learning and screw myself.

amekins

amekins

I still struggle trying to figure these things out myself. This is one of the best guides, I've run across.

I love his videos. I’ve watched many of them many times and somehow missed this one. Thank you!

Slimsearley

Slimsearley

Woah man 😳🤣 I have read a shit ton of stuff in forums and websites... this is my 3rd grow and my 1st fully organic grow so im pretty new to the scene. I have just fucked this one up unfortunately and require some sound advice on what I can do about it. My first two grows were in coco with salts and it was simple, but I wanted to try and simplify things and try to get better quality smoke. Anyway I think I may just keep the nutes for next time and just water to the end see what happens. The buds are fine so im gonna just back off lol

Slimsearley

Slimsearley

I have tied down the branches as much as I could but she stretched so much I couldn't control it or I didn't catch it in time more likely. They are tied to hold them away a bit and I've slightly dimmed the light to try to reduce the stress a bit more. Im not sure where I went wrong but I have a feeling now that its maybe my root zone temps being a little cool. I checked today and they were 20c after putting the probe in for 2 mins, so I've raised the temps to 26 from 24 where I had it see if that helps. Should fluctuate from 24 to 27 rather than 21 to 25 at canopy. Would be colder at the rootzone

Cracken

Cracken

Woah man 😳🤣 I have read a shit ton of stuff in forums and websites... this is my 3rd grow and my 1st fully organic grow so im pretty new to the scene. I have just fucked this one up unfortunately and require some sound advice on what I can do about it. My first two grows were in coco with salts and it was simple, but I wanted to try and simplify things and try to get better quality smoke. Anyway I think I may just keep the nutes for next time and just water to the end see what happens. The buds are fine so im gonna just back off lol
anyone can have issues, don't take it personal, next week you might see pics from me asking why my branches are falling off my purple punch plant that was a clone I received full of mites and aphids. I loaded neem oil on it full strength, now some of the branches are dead and falling off. I caused it to myself. never have I had an issue with bugs and one clone has both. no more bugs now but plant is having issues... see we all have issues at times.
But LST will save the tops from burning and then the lower leaves will be able to get more light. If you are full Organic, go to your garden and get some worms for your pots. I feed mine used tea bags (I drink tea every day) that gives them food and they do wonders on the soil for air and nuts. just remember they can drown so a little less water is better. good luck.. hit the next grow out of the park, I know you can do it.

Slimsearley

Slimsearley

anyone can have issues, don't take it personal, next week you might see pics from me asking why my branches are falling off my purple punch plant that was a clone I received full of mites and aphids. I loaded neem oil on it full strength, now some of the branches are dead and falling off. I caused it to myself. never have I had an issue with bugs and one clone has both. no more bugs now but plant is having issues... see we all have issues at times.
But LST will save the tops from burning and then the lower leaves will be able to get more light. If you are full Organic, go to your garden and get some worms for your pots. I feed mine used tea bags (I drink tea every day) that gives them food and they do wonders on the soil for air and nuts. just remember they can drown so a little less water is better. good luck.. hit the next grow out of the park, I know you can do it.
It was all in good taste man no worries 👍 but yeah I know what you mean shit happens from time to time, we're all still learning right haha! I guess any compost worms will do? I drink a lot of tea also so I can do that lol. I will hopefully nail it next time, I've been through around 20 pages now of sick plants in the forums so I know a little bit more about deficiencies. Thanks for the help 🙂

Latest posts

Top Bottom