Is this too much light, is she preying

• Thread starter Frego
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

They look good u want your seedlings reaching for the light not shying away or burning, some popped high if they fall over tie 2 bread ties together make a loupe on one end then burn the plastic off 1 half of other end, insert the wire into the dirt well away from seedling put the loupe around the seedling to hold it in place till it can stand on it's own, allways works for me.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Sorry natural mineral water, and yes bottled water, I’m in UK things are different here

and organic as in.. manure & organic compost
bone meal?
fish blood and bone?
coffee grounds?
Are these not organic
And no I have not checked my tap water it comes out cloudy mostly
So I stay away to prevent any future problems

my question was is it too soon for calmag?
Yes yes yes! No need for any nutes first couple weeks - using spring or tap water , chances are you won’t need to use calmag - just depends

be careful calmag can be tricky anc the root of evil ! IMO of course

Moshmen

Moshmen

Your tap water should be in the 300ppm and 7/8 ph, its good to grow with, just leave it in the open air for 24 hours to evaporate the nasties, and your good to go with just a drop of ph down. Leave the Calmag until your plants are a bit bigger and eating well.
I have much respect for chemistry ability and grow knowledge - but I respectfully disagree with the water 300 Ppm is starting to get up there, I’d cut the water with purified to bring it down to about 200 ish , course that’s with out seeing a report, and I still would not give seedlings that size any nutes or calmag .

Frego

Frego

They look good u want your seedlings reaching for the light not shying away or burning, some popped high if they fall over tie 2 bread ties together make a loupe on one end then burn the plastic off 1 half of other end, insert the wire into the dirt well away from seedling put the loupe around the seedling to hold it in place till it can stand on it's own, allways works for me.
Great advice thanks Edinburgh will try that think one has fell over due to my exhaust pipe falling on it while installing
But it’s still showing signs of growth so I’m happy with that

chemistry

chemistry

I have much respect for chemistry ability and grow knowledge - but I respectfully disagree with the water 300 Ppm is starting to get up there, I’d cut the water with purified to bring it down to about 200 ish , course that’s with out seeing a report, and I still would not give seedlings that size any nutes or calmag .

With equal respect Mosh, I grow with the same tap water the OP does, I do nothing to it but let it stand for 24 hours in a five gallon barrel to let the Chlorine evaporate.

chemistry

chemistry

I’d be good with that - I just wouldn’t add any calmag is what I was trying to say guess I misunderstood - wake and bake this morning ! It’s a holiday weekend . Lol

Calmag is the devils work, 100% agree on that, was meant to get a lot done today, but a couple of buddies dropped by, so as you can imagine, I've got nothing done. lol Maybe tomorrow. 😁

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
you got a compost and a bunch of things to make it really good, just what the plants need. you used a potting soil to mix it all in, so you made a good "organic" soil...

then you dumped in some more stuff? and you have people convincing you to worry about your water and ppm and ph...

i LOVE LOVE the title, so im all in on watching! this is interesting, keep the pictures coming! love to see how this grow goes! Good LUCK! im following along!

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Thanks brother for the comment as always very encouraging..I will try the tap water method left to sit for 24hours
Also will back off the cal/mag for now and let them do there own thing
Waste of time letting water “sit out”. Chloramines do not dissipate. Just doesn’t happen and it’s why it’s used. More bro science crapola.

Frego

Frego

you got a compost and a bunch of things to make it really good, just what the plants need. you used a potting soil to mix it all in, so you made a good "organic" soil...

then you dumped in some more stuff? and you have people convincing you to worry about your water and ppm and ph...

i LOVE LOVE the title, so im all in on watching! this is interesting, keep the pictures coming! love to see how this grow goes! Good LUCK! im following along!
Are you like taking the piss or being nice? Lollil
This is my first proper grow so by all means I’m still a noob And no nothing just here for advice on the ride

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
Why did you pick the soil, compost and those add ins? What do each do?

I sort of "took the piss"... the word praying, which is what you meant is very funny when replaced by preying! prey is some critter one would hunt down and kill. so I giggled at the mental imagery of a plant preying on you, or other plants ... Sort of "little shop of horrors"-esque. Feed me Seymore!

Sorry, I have a warped sense of humor! Typos happen, and I mostly skim through without noticing, but that one made me giggle.

I'm a new grower also. I read a lot, and I notice patterns.

You might find it very useful to take some time and check over the forum. Lots of great threads on growing in soils, using composts, pH, watering and a plethora of very useful topics.

Understanding pH, ppm, and the multitude of things involved might help you sort through the advice you get.

Seriously, I'll be following! And looking forward to lots of pictures!

Last edited:
Frego

Frego

I sort of "took the piss"... the word praying, which is what you meant is very funny when replaced by preying! prey is some critter one would hunt down and kill. so I giggled at the mental imagery of a plant preying on you, or other plants ... Sort of "rocky horror picture"-esque. Feed me Seymore!

Sorry, I have a warped sense of humor! Typos happen, and I mostly skim through without noticing, but that one made me giggle.

You might find it very useful to take some time and check over the forum. Lots of great threads on growing in soils, using composts, pH, watering and a plethora of very useful topics.

Understanding pH, ppm, and the multitude of things involved might help you sort through the advice you get.

Your a twat

I sort of "took the piss"... the word praying, which is what you meant is very funny when replaced by preying! prey is some critter one would hunt down and kill. so I giggled at the mental imagery of a plant preying on you, or other plants ... Sort of "rocky horror picture"-esque. Feed me Seymore!

still feel like ‘your taking the piss’ it’s ok Though just try to be kind mate here’s a story
I was sat in McDonald’s waiting for my order about 10minutes went past
The manager came and said ‘do you want a drink‘
I said ‘yeah why are you offering me a drink mate’
He replied ‘there’s no point in being a twat’
So @ivstealth I feel like your one of them people who are twats
The way your post is coming across is quite ridiculing & very indirect bullying I do truly feel sorry for you if your form of entertainment is trying to embarrass some one who came here to learn
Like I said that’s they way it’s coming across sorry if it’s not but that’s how it looks.. to me

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
Sorry, just laughing at a typo. I know it's just an accidental thing we all do. It was just a funny one. The movie was funny too!!

No worries, I'm unoffended. Lots of folks are touchy about typos.

I am also new. Asking questions, no piss in a question. What do the things you added do? What is all that for? Why did you use those things? You ask questions, I just thought that's what we do, ask and all. If thats the part that disturbed you, just don't answer, no problem. Just thought of it all as a two way street not a name calling event!

I was serious, and not taking piss when I recommended reading the forum with all the great threads, especially the pinned ones, the info here is astounding. Years on end from growers with a font of knowledge just waiting to be explored, consumed and even regurgitated! I mention it with enthusiasm because, as I explained, I love to read! And, in reading, I have found patterns that made me mention the available resources to help you along your journey. You said you were new, you are using soil with additional things you might need info on. sorry if this is the part that has upset you.

Ignore me, or any that upset you. This is a fun hobby, no need to be vexxed, or call women (or men for that matter) names like "twat", that is very intentionally offensive to women, and I assume men also. I won't stop asking questions, even if it upsets some. It is how things get learned and I have one grow down and hoping to learn to constantly improve.

No worries though, I've unfollowed your thread and will avoid you in future, the name calling and especially that name is more than I need. I wish you luck. You're just a tad too touchy and mean for my taste.

The typo was funny though! The movie little shop of horrors worth watching! hope your plants aren't really preying on you even if you call women such ugly, mean, uncalled for names.

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

Sorry, just laughing at a typo. I know it's just an accidental thing we all do. It was just a funny one. The movie was funny too!!

No worries, I'm unoffended. Lots of folks are touchy about typos.

I am also new. Asking questions. What do the things you added do? What is all that for? Why did you use those things? You ask questions, I just thought that's what we do, ask and all. If thats the part that disturbed you, just don't answer, no problem. Just thought of it all as a two way street.

I was serious, and not taking piss when I recommended reading the forum with all the great threads, especially the pinned ones, the info here is astounding. Years on end from growers with a font of knowledge just waiting to be explored, consumed and even regurgitated! I mention it with enthusiasm because, as I explained, I love to read! And, in reading, I have found patterns that made me mention the available resources to help you along your journey. You said you were new, you are using soil with additional things you might need info on. sorry if this is the part that has upset you.

Ignore me, or any that upset you. This is a fun hobby, no need to be vexxed, or call women (or men for that matter) names like "twat", that is very intentionally offensive to women, and I assume men also. I won't stop asking questions, even if it upsets some. It is how things get learned and I have one grow down and hoping to learn to constantly improve.

No worries though, I've unfollowed you, the name calling and especially that name is more than I need. I wish you luck. You're just a tad too touchy and mean for my taste.

The typo was funny though! The movie shop of horrors worth watching! hope your plants aren't really preying on you even if you call women names.
Kids today get butt hurt way too easy. No excuse for the name calling though. Posters who can't be civil should be banned.

Frego

Frego

Kids today get butt hurt way too easy. No excuse for the name calling though. Posters who can't be civil should be banned.
First he bought up my spelling
Then he was indirectly bullying me
Trying to embarrass me
I’m a newbie and it’s not very nice I’m here to learn not get bullied!
If he would of gave me advice like a normal person or like any other member on here there would be no hassle
Tbf he has made me question my grow and put me on a bummer

growsince79

growsince79

First he bought up my spelling
Then he was indirectly bullying me
Trying to embarrass me
I’m a newbie and it’s not very nice I’m here to learn not get bullied!
If he would of gave me advice like a normal person or like any other member on here there would be no hassle
Tbf he has made me question my grow and put me on a bummer
I read her posts and don't see anything wrong with them. Most posters here aren't professional writers (and are medicated), and sometimes come across in ways that wasn't intended. No reason for name calling and personal attacks. This is a no hate zone.

Top Bottom