Isa Pruning Techniques For The Uc

• Thread starter desertsquirrel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

That post was a question? It didnt make any sense to me =P.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

What I'm trying to say is that my plants are big and Defoliate 10-12 of the largest leaf sets like you said it's just not enough there is still a lot of bud sites that are not getting lights now I have notice that when I take about 4 to 5 times your recommended amount to defoliate my plants are not growing bud as big as last run.
My plants now starting week 7 of a week 11 strain the buds are very small I know it's due to defoliate too much.
Ant input on this thanks

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

your 7 weeks into a 11 week strain . dont sweat it . is it the same strain you have grown before ? and the buds are smaller because you defoliate ?

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Yes last run they were much much bigger I did defoliate but this around I grew these girl much bigger about twice as big so I had to defoliate a lot more and the bids are much smaller

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

The point of defoliation is to promote larger flowers - if this is not your result then your methodology is flawed.

I hear you telling me that you defoliated 4-5 times the recommended amount - i am unsure why that lead you to believe your results would improve.

What was your reasoning?

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Like I stated my plants were big and I was trying to to get light even on the inside of the plant there were too bushy and when I saw that you recommended only 10-12 set of leaves be removed once I did that its there was still lots of bud sites being blocked by big fan leaves so I decided to remove more thus the end result was too much.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

DS when do you start defoliate at what day after you start your veg cause I see the plants are small even though in ten days those bitches look like mine at 2 months Lol

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

DS so basically you start to defoliate when you top that's when you start? Also like your plants grow at an incredible rate that at 10 days your ready to flip I can see that you start when topping.
Now what do you recommend for the rest of the world that need about 3 to 4 weeks to get the plants the size you get or their desire growth before flip should we defoliate. Every 4-5 days or only when we top which is 5-6 days before flower? Thanks

Quantum9

Quantum9

Time is not really a proper way to measure when you should defoliate, its much more about seeing large leaves in the way of other bud sites or multitudes of leaves...

Work with your plants not against them, you will get the hang of it...

BTW i try to not top at all when possible.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Thanks for the insight ill apply that no topping to my next run cause I just top yesterday lol I'm at 5 days prior to flower my last run I fucked up and defoliated to much but this time around I pruned right so I didn't have to defoliate that much just 10-12 leaves set and my plants look the best ever and not to mention I'm running UC nutes first time and I'm in love with UC roots thanks ds

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Hey Q9 have question that came to mind still 1 week out of day 26 the biggest defoliate if you have some little bud site that one missed or on the little bud site on the upper branches that are not getting much light do you strip it or just let it go. Also each branch that's have buds do I cut fan leaves and just let about 6" of bud if that's the case my plant is a bush which will exceed more than 24 set of fan leaves thanks

Quantum9

Quantum9

I try to be the least intrusive i can. There is no "striping," or aggressive removal. Remember the leaves that you are removing are the primary food and energy source for all of the tissue surrounding them. The goal is to remove "a few" sets of leaves that are the largest and most obtrusive (cover more surface tissue then they expose).

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Great thanks for the info Q9 the next time ill try to clean up better the little suckers and also I notice that I have a lot of inside growth that is over shadow by the top conapy and not getting much light thanks once again

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

I was reading the DS/Q9 tops at about 5-6 days before flip I'm my case I'm already 3 days into start of flower my plants are getting too tall can I top now or when is the latest time I can top without effecting yield thanks

Top Bottom