Iso/everclear Slab... No Butane.

• Thread starter GT21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
WS4U

WS4U

What temp you pressing at and for how long? What are you using for your screen?

Sorry I've only squished buds so my rosin tek is limited.
My straightner goes from zero to 20 i squish on 5, need to get a temp gun. I squish for 15-20 depending on size. I cute up an old 25 micron bubble bag, i hated ice water hash the half dozen times i tried it and was hooked on dry ic sifting first time i tried it so i had no use for the 25 micron bag anyways. The screen is still over half there and ive been cutting on it probably 2 months. Just make like 1x1 squares if even that big:) works wonders for the scissor hash and the "farmers hash" i get from dry ice sifting

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

It's 710 somewhere....

GrammaHydro

GrammaHydro

@GT21 @VgGirl and I are gonna attempt making ISO with everclear..(generic brand). I read thru this thread and @ClosetFarmer sent her an email with directions too which I understand was also from GT21.
I am not a comprehensive reader so I took a week to just study the steps on making it.
I never smoked shatter or dabs or oil for that matter so I'm really excited to see how this goes. I have to admit I'm scared senseless.
I live in a trailer which is why I don't use hot lights for my grows. Today the weather is gonna be real nice and I'm gonna make all this outside. I plan to take pictures too. Wish us luck! :D

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
@GT21 @VgGirl and I are gonna attempt making ISO with everclear..(generic brand). I read thru this thread and @ClosetFarmer sent her an email with directions too which I understand was also from GT21.
I am not a comprehensive reader so I took a week to just study the steps on making it.
I never smoked shatter or dabs or oil for that matter so I'm really excited to see how this goes. I have to admit I'm scared senseless.
I live in a trailer which is why I don't use hot lights for my grows. Today the weather is gonna be real nice and I'm gonna make all this outside. I plan to take pictures too. Wish us luck! :D
Good luck gals!!!... HAVE FUN... and dont be that worried....youll live with a hot plate hahaha... definitely do post pics!!!

WS4U

WS4U

Never done oil...oh grams be ready for a ride lol

TrubldBreeze

TrubldBreeze

Have fun Gramma! You and Veggie enjoy the nice weather too :)

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Forgive me I'm only halfway through reading this, but wondering what differences you guys see with 99% ISO vs 95% ETOH? Aside from the slight moisture retention due to the 4% difference.

Btw, if you wash in ISO you can winterize with ethanol. Tried it a couple weeks ago with some second wash ISO hash and it turned out well
And why this? Sounds interesting. Could you also just winterize with the ISO before drying?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Forgive me I'm only halfway through reading this, but wondering what differences you guys see with 99% ISO vs 95% ETOH? Aside from the slight moisture retention due to the 4% difference.

And why this? Sounds interesting. Could you also just winterize with the ISO before drying?
Ya you can use ethanol ... shine will strip the plant just like ec or iso. I personally use 91% iso because its cheap. Just a longer cook with the water.

And yes you can winterize with it too.

GrammaHydro

GrammaHydro

So here is my report with pictures.
Vg and I were ready to set things up on my back porch but I noticed a bunch of bees swarming over the bird food Grampa set out. He got rid of the birdfeed but the bees were mad. Needless to say we opted to move indoors.
I bought an induction burner but never used it and was gonna try this time. The darn thing kept tripping my breaker so I moved to the kitchen. It didn't trip the breaker but errored out. The fan on the darn thing doesn't work.
Last resort was use my electric stove but geeesh I was kinda afraid of that, ya know. Vg calmed my fears by telling many folks do it this way just use the fan and give it a whirl. So I succumbed to the big fear,,lol
Ok the first mistake I made...I used a plastic strainer that had big holes for the first straining. Yeah...I know I messed it all up from the get go.
2nd mistake,,I did not have enough alcohol. The 2nd wash is still in the freezer.
Vg and I were both surprised at how slow the filtering was using 2-3 coffee filters so we took off the 2 and used only one coffee filter.

We think we had too much plant matter left in the filter to deem that 'moon rocks'. We think we failed miserably. However we did burn it and it gave us major headrushes. lol
This being our very first attempt and many obstacles in our way I say it was still a big success. We learned. We tried. We still had something to enjoy after it was all done.
Next time I will use isopropynl alcohol and save a lil money.
There ya go :D

Iso filtering
Cookin it down
Close up iso
This aint moon rocks
Final results
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
So here is my report with pictures.
Vg and I were ready to set things up on my back porch but I noticed a bunch of bees swarming over the bird food Grampa set out. He got rid of the birdfeed but the bees were mad. Needless to say we opted to move indoors.
I bought an induction burner but never used it and was gonna try this time. The darn thing kept tripping my breaker so I moved to the kitchen. It didn't trip the breaker but errored out. The fan on the darn thing doesn't work.
Last resort was use my electric stove but geeesh I was kinda afraid of that, ya know. Vg calmed my fears by telling many folks do it this way just use the fan and give it a whirl. So I succumbed to the big fear,,lol
Ok the first mistake I made...I used a plastic strainer that had big holes for the first straining. Yeah...I know I messed it all up from the get go.
2nd mistake,,I did not have enough alcohol. The 2nd wash is still in the freezer.
Vg and I were both surprised at how slow the filtering was using 2-3 coffee filters so we took off the 2 and used only one coffee filter.

We think we had too much plant matter left in the filter to deem that 'moon rocks'. We think we failed miserably. However we did burn it and it gave us major headrushes. lol
This being our very first attempt and many obstacles in our way I say it was still a big success. We learned. We tried. We still had something to enjoy after it was all done.
Next time I will use isopropynl alcohol and save a lil money.
There ya go :D
Good liquid color... it looks like a successful first go!!!! Now lets get high hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom