ISP's Chem D bx3?

• Thread starter el_tenador
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

Urbangrowths

Hey Venom. How goes it bro. I've seen you hangin out at the Island. That would be the spot to ask to see pics. I'll try to dig around and see what I have for pics of both pheno's and try to throw them up in a bit.
Happy Growing ppl
Peace

ftwendy

ftwendy

day 14 flower

These ladies (foreground) are flowering under a t5x8 adjacent to my VK's under 600w hps; they get a nice blend of spectrums with daily rotations and regular canopy maintenance. Both have started competing with themselves a bit since training them horizontally, but are otherwise very easy to grow.

They might need some additional nuts. Presently feeding in the upper 700ppm's with canna substra flores a/b at ph5.8; most recent runoff reading was 830 at 5.7. Using tap water and distilled to dilute to desired ppm (the Vanilla Kush in the back likes 950ppm; this is diluted for the chem's by adding distilled until I get below 850). I think it is time to bump up the ppms to the 900's along with the others and see what happens (I think they look a little limey, any thoughts?).

Any finished shots urban? Thanks for the insight - pop some more and lets see how stable these babies are! Priceless to know what I'm after - how many did you pop originally?

Gooey nailed it... :)
Thanks and cheers, ftw

CDsflower14
CDi14detail
CDii14detail
ftwendy

ftwendy

day 14 flower

I got excited pressing buttons. sorry about the multiple posts fellas

SourPuppy

SourPuppy

Right Arm ftwendy!!
Garden is lush and green -you know what ya doing!
Thanx for taking the time to put these up!

ftwendy

ftwendy

lush and green...

Tks Sour - but I should give some more credit to the breeder for his help throughout my veg period. He (ohsogreen) has literally held my hand over on another site while I grew these out and cloned them. SUPER helpful, and above all a nice guy to someone who started out by f-ing up his gear. My posts at the other place were started b/c I was having ph issues, and I doubt I would have dialed them in so quickly without his help...

In fact, I don't really have them dialed in yet. OSG recc's RO with calmag supplements, and I've been using tap water with a starting ph of 7 @ ~200ppm straight from the faucet with a dash of distilled to lower ppms. I also have been using a lower pH (5.8 instead of ohso's rec of 6.1) b/c of my hard water.

They sure smell nice - the shorter, somewhat less branchy one in the front (CDii) is VERY aromatic, and the other one (CDi) is extremely vigorous, with a more manageable odor level. I like them both, but CDii is my early fav... I want to rub against her in a suggestive manner, tell her she's pretty and whatnot. She swells my man parts, whereas the other seems to whisper to my wallet. Mmmm...stoned, rambling. cheers, ftw

U

Urbangrowths

That less branchy one is your keeper bro, trust me. the alateral growing one is dank as hell. but the other is just tastier IMO. Here's a few shots of her. Somewhere in the 50-60 day range. Had alot going on at the time and didnt get pics liked i wanted. 1st pic is the branchy pheno, 2nd is the keeper.
The damage to the leaves was burn from early spraying. And she loves Calmag!!!

Bries iphone pics 1162
Bries iphone pics 1168
ftwendy

ftwendy

Urban - thank you, man. Been itching to see someone else's results... nugs look fire despite burn. How long did you flower them total? Budshot would be kickass.

Your second pheno looks similar to mine. Sweet. Did you top your girls? I topped twice: FIM at day 20ish from germination didn't work, and second topping was for clone material. Taking 3" of the terminal shoot for clones (both rooted) made both girls stretch the secondary shoots nicely, and now they're manageable plateau-shaped bushes.

Sweet. I'm getting super excited about these girls now that I've seen whats to come. Thanks again, ftw

U

Urbangrowths

Took them to mid 60's somewhere in that area. I was spending almost everyday at a hospice house with 1 of my patients at the time. So needless to say, I wasn't keeping good track of things. I believe they were multi-topped. Still only ended up with 3 mains on the skunky 1 but the other blew out nice. Pulled 5 ounces Dry. Not bad for a first run of her. Light Fed. Big bloom and calmag. I just didn't give her enough. Very little stretch to them also. I dropped 2/6. But like I said I have 20 now and can't wait to get busy.
Peace

ftwendy

ftwendy

Yep - I cloned mine in the mid 40's after germ and was able to pull 6+ solid cuts from each with plenty left behind on the donors. Everything rooted in ten days, rooted through in 13. I did a side by side in rapid rooters and rockwool and rw worked better for me. Now I have to choose who to keep...many copies of each. Nice place to be, indeed.

Thanks for all the info urban - cant wait to see more from you.ftw

ftwendy

ftwendy

Doing my best to lure the breeder, ohsogreen, to come over to the farm and chime in on this thread... he knows it is here now.

Hopefully he pokes his head in before I start dispensing mangled versions of the advice he's provided me on the other site. My salts and rockwool are not the mediums the beans were developed in (mod supersoil), so my experiences sort of put me out in left field. Cheers, ftw
:character0053:

B

bobman

Word, the ISP does not give the impression that they are playing around. They explain far too much, in too much detail. Seems like some of the less committed breeders have the habit of vague answers(and hoarding relevant info).

I think they would be a serious asset to this site if we could get them here. Especially when they release the RKS.

I wish others breeders would give descriptions like them. It gives the impression they really know and worked the plants they breed with. Smart business, good for them. really interested how these turn out.

ftwendy

ftwendy

nice would love to see a pic of this bx3 91 male.

Yeah. Me too...

Both plants went hermaphroditic on me yesterday. :(

There are no light leaks in my space and this is the only example of 100% intersex plants I have personally encountered. Ever. Countless plants have passed through that room without a single nanner popping; one day I add two ISP plants, and BANG, hermaphrodites. Nothing on my list explains this other than bad breeding.

The breeder, osg, says I am blaming him and avoiding responsibility for stressing the plants by cloning them too heavily (never happened before, never heard of this either). I call bullshit. IME, the seeds he is selling are genetically predisposed to hermaphroditic tendencies to a degree most growers and breeders find unacceptable. Seriously, have these things even been tested??? If not, why are they charging more than $10 a pack?

Greedy mofos be screwing wif' my game, yo...

As a side note, I have also found another thread on bbay addressing hermaphrodites in another of his seed lines, the AgentD.

This makes me sick...I was thrilled to have a nice 91/D hybrid - guess it was too good to be true. I imagine this will not make me a popular guy around here, but my recommendation is to avoid these guys like the plague.

It was said earlier: if these guys have the dank, why haven't we heard of them before? An excellent question that remains unanswered. Maybe this explains things?

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. ftw

ftwendy

ftwendy

u turn

I went from ISP's #1 fan to their #1 critic in just short of 24 hours... sweet.

Time for bed.

E

el_tenador

Sorry to hear bro. Is it a full blown nanner fest? Or is it a small occurence? No chance at picking them off and continuing?

SourPuppy

SourPuppy

I too am very sorry to hear this ftwendy!

One thing most people dont seem to understand about the 'Dead-Pool(that's what I call the Chem Fam:heart:pimp:)'

Is that the whole Chem-line was born out of self fertilization.

Hermaphroditic tendencies are a risk you take on while growing them out.

The way I look at it is

Its just like playing the lottery.
Chances are you aint gona win shit,but ya had the thrill of playin but then,once in a while there are those one in a million chances that you will find something stand-out and hit the Jackpot big time!

Even after hearing this-I still will take my chances with the CDD (bx3) .
I know the risks involved when cracking seeds-Its live material-There are No Guarantees-Esspecially with the Chem-Lines.

What I'm trying to get @ is this is a matter of Genetic-predisposition not Breeder practices.

Always research the strains you want to grow b4 ya purchase -Do ya home work

@ftwendy,

Please dont think this is directed @ you or your grow skills-Not at all I just get tired of hearing people be all like 'WTF,my Chem went hermi???' <lol!!

Peace and Love to all-SP Outro

ftwendy

ftwendy

Full blown. There are male parts in every quadrant of both plants - not sure how long I will wait to see how bad it gets, but the balls are evenly distributed.

The Lotto is a great comparison, btw: a fool's tax. :)

This is the first I have heard that the chem line was entirely hermy prone - guess I hadn't done enough reading! Makes me a fool! The problem I have is that I asked osg directly weeks ago about the possible male parts I was finding on these plants; there were male and female preflowers in veg that he explained off as abhort bud sites, common in chems. No admission/mention of the chem line's herm tendencies from him, just ideas on why he thought they were happening.

The 'no warning' bit after I asked him in very plain language about the likelihood of hermies in 'many years of test rounds', is really my beef. It's a simple matter of being forthright - instead of lying by omission. Salty.

Been working this since 1993? I think not. Afghani father? Doubtful, too. The whole thing feels like a slipshot s1 pollen chuck to me, not breeding and selecting tirelessly for nearly 20 years. Nice story tho.

In my mind, the situation is something like this: "Does it smell like smoke in here, Ohsogreen?"........ "Nahh ftw, keep napping there on the couch - its all good!"......then I wake up to a kitchen on fire, with firemen shouting that I should have known earlier that the house was on ablaze.

Not that my house has burned to the ground or anything, but my exciting new kitchen is crispy and blackened, and there never was insurance to cover my risk... not saying damage is the firemen's fault either, btw... its just a shame that damage wasn't avoided when it could have been. Ya dig? :)

Part of the learning curve. Thanks for the condolences and helpful input re past experiences. Helps keep things in perspective. Cheers, ftw

Cdiiherm17
E

el boyo

i dont think that the chems in general are hermi prone bro...
.most of top dawgs gear is bred with chems.. i have yet to see a herm in any of their gear that i have grown, and heard very few reports as well..
..sounds more like the breeding that went into these beans/untested gear..
...sucks it had to happen to you ftwendy..

G

gooey

well what a turn...yo el boyo chems are hermi prone, doesnt make it bad breeding, but as ftw said he dint know this and wishes someone woulda told him, fair enough, i know osg as well and i see him as nothing but a stand up guy, im sorry to hear you are upset with him over this i hope yall work it out, im still gonna go order some beans, not these but i dont want any more chems got all i can...anyways never fun to find hermies glad ya caught it early, one love

Latest posts

Top Bottom