Issues with Plants Vegging with Gavita 1700e

• Thread starter Cannasurfing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sshz

sshz

Can you say "ignore"....... I just pressed the button.

I'll also add in 30+ years, I've never checked the run off of a plant. The run off pH and ppm is just a result, not an action that led to it. Once I know his process, it's easy to figure out what he did wrong.

We already know he over watered (3x in 5 days) and I'm assuming isn't using Cal/Mag while using an r.o. device and under LED's. So, 2 strikes already. His pH at 6.2 appears fine, I'm guessing a 600 ppm added some additional stress to plants already under the weather from the transplant.

I also have some additional thoughts but lets wait til he answers some of the other questions.

No doubt though, if he's not willing to just start over- a thorough flush of the medium will be necessary and we can move on from there.

$2800 a lb, like that's supposed to impress me...... LOL I'm getting $4k a lb, but I'm on the east coast and it's a different world over here. But still, if I was at $2800, I probably wouldn't even bother growing in quantity.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

He is a 909er. That makes him a goat roper living out in the IE, they are just backwards out there. Wow 28 a unit, like that is special 4 months ago. HA HA !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok let's play nice.... no personal stuff needed brother. There are some pretty dam good growers living in some pretty out of the way places.

Phenophiend909

Phenophiend909

A measure of what by meter? Light intensity perhaps? Aka photon density?

Look just give it up... arguing over something this stupid to try and prove yourself right when you are clearly not is only gonna make you look unreasonable. Ill be the forst to admit when I'm wrong... well usually.
Whatever man. The point im trying to get across is hid creats more
*grabs popcorn*
lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

um ppfd is measures by a meter

lmfao thats what u call a fade young grasshopper. My gear sells for 2800 no problem. Again not tryna diss anyone here just tryna give out sum growing advice. But yall are just dogging it. So fuck it. U guys know everything.
Nope lots left to learn. Nobody knows everything that why a community of minds is the best source of info. Just because your wrong about this doesn't mean you don't know anything either and there are plenty of unknowns left.

If you want to debate a point then debate it... nothing wrong with that. But understand that if you give advice or call someone out you should be prepared to present some facts as debayes often lead to good discussions and answers.

Some can handle it and others start tossing out grow pics, plant counts etc. as a means of justification. There are some pretty accomplished growers on here and everyone can learn something from eachother but usually it takes a debate or some sort of proof other than.... responses of "ok lol" and "maybe you should grow more" that are just a cover for i don't have an answer

Phenophiend909

Phenophiend909

Can you say "ignore"....... I just pressed the button.

I'll also add in 30+ years, I've never checked the run off of a plant. The run off pH and ppm is just a result, not an action that led to it. Once I know his process, it's easy to figure out what he did wrong.

We already know he over watered (3x in 5 days) and I'm assuming isn't using Cal/Mag while using an r.o. device and under LED's. So, 2 strikes already. His pH at 6.2 appears fine, I'm guessing a 600 ppm added some additional stress to plants already under the weather from the transplant.

I also have some additional thoughts but lets wait til he answers some of the other questions.

No doubt though, if he's not willing to just start over- a thorough flush of the medium will be necessary and we can move on from there.

$2800 a lb, like that's supposed to impress me...... LOL I'm getting $4k a lb, but I'm on the east coast and it's a different world over here. But still, if I was at $2800, I probably wouldn't even bother growing in quantity.
Lmfao another master grower thinking cal mag is the issue

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Whatever man. The point im trying to get across is hid creats more

lol
Point and case... "whatever man" you told a grower to blast lights at 100% then argued when it was disputed and the info you gave was false.

Not a big deal your trying to help and made a mistake... the tone doesn't do ya any favors and thats why I posted to correct you... to help make sure the grower had the right info as that the goal isn't it? Or is it just to be right at all costs like you are portraying?

Phenophiend909

Phenophiend909

Nope lots left to learn. Nobody knows everything that why a community of minds is the best source of info. Just because your wrong about this doesn't mean you don't know anything either and there are plenty of unknowns left.

If you want to debate a point then debate it... nothing wrong with that. But understand that if you give advice or call someone out you should be prepared to present some facts as debayes often lead to good discussions and answers.

Some can handle it and others start tossing out grow pics, plant counts etc. as a means of justification. There are some pretty accomplished growers on here and everyone can learn something from eachother but usually it takes a debate or some sort of proof other than.... responses of "ok lol" and "maybe you should grow more" that are just a cover for i don't have an answer
Oh i know im wrong about the light density intensity definition. But trust me AQUA MAN i grow alot.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Oh i know im wrong about the light density intensity definition. But trust me AQUA MAN i grow alot.
Not saying you don't but that attitude needs to change imo.

Lmfao another master grower thinking cal mag is the issue
Calcium is massively affected by water uptake so overwatering will almost always show calcium as an issue. Using RO and nutrients not designed specifically for RO will often show the same.

Nutrients like calcium, potassium and especially magnesium all have a higher demand under LED because of the typically more blue spectrum.

So yeah I say @sshz is bang on here.

Phenophiend909

Phenophiend909

Point and case... "whatever man" you told a grower to blast lights at 100% then argued when it was disputed and the info you gave was false.

Not a big deal your trying to help and made a mistake... the tone doesn't do ya any favors and thats why I posted to correct you... to help make sure the grower had the right info as that the goal isn't it? Or is it just to be right at all costs like you are portraying?
Listen man i come on here as part of my social media interaction. Maybe 1 time a
I dont come on here to waste my time arguing with growers like yourself. Ive done that already 5 years ago. When i first started.

Phenophiend909

Phenophiend909

Not saying you don't but that attitude needs to change imo.

Calcium is massively affected by water uptake so overwatering will almost always show calcium as an issue. Using RO and nutrients not designed specifically for RO will often show the same.

Nutrients like calcium, potassium and especially magnesium all have a higher demand under LED because of the typically more blue spectrum.

So yeah I say @sshz is bang on here.
Any 3 part already has sufficient cal mag. Imo

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Listen man i come on here as part of my social media interaction. Maybe 1 time a

I dont come on here to waste my time arguing with growers like yourself. Ive done that already 5 years ago. When i first started.
So your point is? Argue with other growers and when proven wrong then bag on em and say I'm not here to argue?

Take a step back and look at the conversation.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Any 3 part already has sufficient cal mag. Imo
Sufficient for? Some strains are just absolutely cal and/or mag whores and with LED they do need a bit more. And I find that the ratio of cal mag demand is tighter.

The faster a plant grows the more dialed in it needs to be. So if your lighting isn't pushing em to the max you may not see an issue but if it is then you likely to see a lot more issues with ratios if not dialed in.

Phenophiend909

Phenophiend909

So your point is? Argue with other growers and when proven wrong then bag on em and say I'm not here to argue?

Take a step back and look at the conversation.
Who’s bagging. Anthem started bagging.

Cannasurfing

Cannasurfing

This is what they look like today. a bit better than last night. I am vegging 24 hours
33967032 019C 40D3 8D0A 6954880D2FF3
95FD6374 5B5A 4670 9106 51C341ED5DE4

Latest posts

Top Bottom